JZZ30 Form and Function Come Together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JZZ30 Form and Function Come Together

What's up SW folks? You may remember my last build "Loud, Low and Blue? W124 Build" but sadly that had to come to a close because I'm currently moving to Arizona and needed something more reliable and a fresh start... So I basically donated the Thotxpress to @amg_dom and got myself a classy Toyota. The goal of this build is to create a machine that can murder canyon roads, have fun on the long stretches of Arizona, and lastly be reliable. I bring to your eyes, my new 1992 Lexus SC300.

Parts it came with:
    Vintage Tom's Nitrogen Racing Coilovers
    TRD Strut Bar
    Brand New 2JZ-GE with 25K on it
    UPRD one off dual exhaust
    Injen Intake
    Bigger Radiator
    HID Headlight Kit
    Some nice LSD that I forgot the name of.

What I've got ready to put on:
    1998 Supra Racing Long Tube headers
    Unknown Front Lip
    Megan Racing Carbon Rear Window Visor
    Catless Mid-pipe
    New Valve Cover Gaskets
    Oh and my CR Kai Reps fit perfect.

This Summer's End Goal:
    BN kit all around
    326 Power Wing
    DMax hood
    Manual Swap
    300HP NA
    Canards
    Big Chassis mount wing
    Air Conditioning lmao
    Plenty of other things will come.

For now here's some pics!

First day I got her after mounting the lip

Soon after lowered the front to a place that looks good and doesn't scrape even when hammering this thing around the canyons.

Then I took care of the gross headlights immediately and buffed these ones out

Got the fronts mounted and went a little lower after this shot was taken.

Another angle, I really like these wheels on this chassis.

From the front

Rear test fit with the front tire size, I will be running 235/40's as opposed to the fronts 215/40's

Aspirations:

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
    I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Yasss bruh!

Was pretty mad at you for selling the Benz but I love Sc's!

So... welcome again dude
    '86 W126 420SE

'94 E34 525i

Follow me on IG : @mrlaef

Comment

So I've done a few things

One of those being finally got the rears mounted and yes that is true I am finally running only one matching set of wheels on my car. Since I've decided to go a different route with my building style I went with a 235 in the back and they fit perfect, you can stick you key in between the fender and the tire but it never rubs while driving.

Then my long tube headers finally decided to come and while installing them I relized the 1993 supra o2 sensors are different than the 1992 sc300 sensors so I simply plugged the o2 sensor bungs and am waiting for the sensors to come. To my surprise the car runs perfectly fine without the sensors being plugged in and hasn't showed me issues but for the proper A/F ratio i ordered them regardless obviously

Here's a picture of them freshly installed and bolted up... absolutely gorgeous

aaaaaand after about a weeks driving they are finally giving me some color which is good and they look absolutely gorgeous mated with the Injen Intake. Definitely pleased with the NA responsive power and love the sound.

Comment

Dope, SC's are cool. They're like big fat 240's lol

Comment

Love it! Can't wait to see the 300hp NA, gonna rip so hard and have amazing response.

- Renato
          TWMPerformance.com | TWMShiftKnobs.com | GodSaveTheManuals.com
          sigpic

Comment

That moment when your LS won't cut it anymore. This is going to be great!
            sigpic

Old Japanese cars are my thing
            Follow me on the gram @driftundertheradar

Comment

Update time yo

It's been a solid minute since I've updated this thread mostly because I'm going to UTI all week long and have no computer . I haven't been able to even upload photos to photobucket or Imgur because they are blocked but whatever I think I found a way around it now.

Well not much has happened I have only really gotten my kit mounted except for the rear bumper lip (I'm lazy) and I've just been chasing electrical issues and getting the car mechanically sound for the most part. I also lost my job so I haven't been able to get any parts or at least save up for the 1jz swap i want to do.

First off here's a little pic of the sc300 with my friends RB25 swapped s14 and a 2j-gte swapped mk3.

Also for anyone interested in my super cool coils lmao

Here's a pic at the local track (Wild Horse Pass Raceway)

I had a difficult time making the high beams fit with the shitty kit I ended up buying and then i realized that I **** the way Sc's look like early 2000's E class mercedes haha so I'm going to shave them and get it painted eventually.

Then I ran into some issues. 4/6 Spark plugs were fouled, the primary ignition coil wire was being ripped by a zip tie previously installed by PO, The MAF was bad, the TPS went bad, and I had open in the ground circuit of the MAF. Fixed all those after the shop told me they couldn't source a MAF for my car. Oh btw they also didn't even bother diagnosing the issues other than just the bad MAF. Got them fixed and it's running perfect again.

I also managed to half diagnose my AC problem, there was an open in the power circuit for the compressor so I hotwired a relay o a switch and I'm running it manually off of that... Soon after I realized my brain isn't both a high and low pressure switch and that manually controlling it could possibly ruin my Evap or other things so I don't really bother using it. Eventually I will just delete AC all together when I do the 1JZ swap. Anyways here's the little switched fitted in the cabin.

Also had this banner that I made in high school laying around so I slapped it on. (kudos if you spot the NUT button lmao.

The aftermarket headers also forced me to extend my o2 sesnor wires so like 5 minutes of Ohm's law later and boom I bought the supplies and went for it. They work perfect.

Other than that I haven't done much more besides basic wire fixes and little sensors here and there. Here's some cool cars at my local car meet at the Pavillion in Scottsdale, AZ.

Jeez I really need to update my sig and profile picture lmao
              Last edited by 190Evan; 10-13-2016, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Pics don't work.

Comment

Originally posted by becausephilchow View Post
                  Pics don't work.
                  Fuuuuuuuuufixed
                  Last edited by 190Evan; 10-13-2016, 02:06 PM.

Comment

300hp to the tire or at the crank?

You'd need to port the hell out of that head, get some agressive cams and bump the compression up to even get near that.

Talk to Brendan for more info

He has more threads around, this one is kind of dated.

If you upped the compression to around 12.0:1 you might be able to get around 270 whp with the aforementioned mods. You don't need ITB's though, they are good because you can tune them by changing velocity stacks and the throttle response is increased, but you might be able to achieve similar results from modifying a JDM non banjo bolt GTE upper intake mani onto the GE lower mani and porting it as well with a BBTB. The shorter runners of the GTE intake mani and less bends will give you more peak power.

Turbodremz on clublexus did that, and it worked well for him.

Also check out grounding kits. They have for the most part been forgotten about or dismissed as fake, but on older cars that have poor factory grounds they actually do help. Here's a dyno from the Tila Tequila issue 12 years ago.
                    Last edited by rice4life; 10-14-2016, 03:42 PM.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                    @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

love these

https://stanceworks.com/forums/showt...t-tt-for-long)

Comment

Originally posted by rice4life View Post
                        300hp to the tire or at the crank?

You'd need to port the hell out of that head, get some agressive cams and bump the compression up to even get near that.

Also check out grounding kits. They have for the most part been forgotten about or dismissed as fake, but on older cars that have poor factory grounds they actually do help. Here's a dyno from the Tila Tequila issue 12 years ago.
                        I changed my mind on the NA power thing sadly, because of my budget I'm going to 1jz swap it for now, somewhere down the line I would like to build an NA 2j it would just require a full tear down this motor really needs it.

Comment

Hey Guys

not much of an update but I thought I might as well put these pics in here because I guess while I was unable to post on here for a while I never got a chance to share them. I've never had anyone actually shoot my car with a camera and still have yet to but I think this is the best picture I've taken of my car thus far with my iPhone (not a current photo).

The rest of the photos are pretty much just some cool cars I've seen around my campus (UTI Avondale). I guess it was dumb of me to not expect to see rad cars at an automotive school lol. Anyways here's a few s13's

I believe this is one of the teachers at my school and I'm not usually into these type of cars but this thing is just nuts. SO rad irl.

Another kid at my school who slides (obviously) I believe his name is Pedro? Thing is pretty rad.

and last but not least... My FAVORITE car in the lot lol, This beautiful turbo diesel w124 on reps lol. Thing could definitely use a drop but it's just so damn clean, makes me miss mine everyday haha.

Not much going on other than me doing some maintenance before the next drift season starts here. New front ceramic pads and drilled and slotted rotors, valve cover gaskets, pulleys(not harmonic balancer), spark plugs, plug wires, and other various gaskets and things here and there. I'll make sure to snap some shots. Other than that I'm just trying to figure out what I want to do manual swap wise. I'm almost completely set on the CD009 swap but the w58 keeps popping into my head because of how easy and fullproof it is but its just too weak for what I'm doing. Any insight would be appreciated or parts list for the CD009 swap. Till next time.

Comment

Kind of lost with what I want to do to this car at the moment, I don't have the space or time to do a JZ swap and the manual swap is also pretty much worthless IMO unless I go with the CD009 swap and I haven't been able to put together a full parts list to ensure it would be fullproof so I'm holding on that until I have a space to garage the Lexus and tear it up apart and do it right and not rush it. Other than that all that has changed is I got a boxer and shes stealing all of my car parts money at the time haha.

Managed to get some new brakes fitted and then I realized I really need to just upgrade to the Ls brakes or some sort of BBK because these are a joke.

Picked up some maintenance parts before I even bother messing with modifying this thing. Question for any 2J powered guys out there, Turbo or not do you guys reccomend switching back to the OEM platinum plugs or do you think coppers will cut it for now? I've heard people say they had issues with copper plugs in these motors but with them properly gapped I haven't had any issues so far, not sure about the life span though.

Also got a chance to put together a shelf in my joke of a work space lol.

Anyways kind of lost motivation in this thing for right now and I just don't know what I want to do with it anymore. Any ideas appreciated but I'm not trying to dump this thing or tuck anymore lol.

Comment

HELP!

Hey guys, so for the last week I have been searching on the forums (including this one) and all over AllData for the possible cause of my problem. Here's the low-down...After school last week I started the car and drove to work and everything was 100% fine no issues at all driving there. I parked it and went to work and when I came back to the car to leave I went to start it I got this horrible grinding sound coming from the starter. Now beware this car is lowered but I inspected the harness and it was not even touched nor damaged and then I relocated it. Still no start and still a grinding sound. I then tried to turn the crank clockwise by hand with a breaker bar and I couldn't even get it to turn with my foot kicking it which scared me but I just assumed I wasn't strong enough to over come the compression. So I bought a Re-manufactured starter from Napa and it looked super solid. I installed it and the sound went from cranking and grinding to clicking with no crank at all. I assumed my old crap battery was dead because I live in Arizona so I went ahead and replaced it and still no luck. When I go to start it the relay clicks and the lights shut off. For a second I thought it would be the Crank position sensor but the car would still at least try to crank if it was that. So now I am stuck with no car and no transportation and I am lost. As of now I am going to inspect the wires going to the starter but I don't see why they would all of the sudden just take a crap on me and leave me stranded. Any help is appreciated!

Comment

Working...
                              X