W108 wheel options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W108 wheel options

I've searched the forum with very few results.

I've been trying to find alternates for my 69' 280 sel. It seems like nothing looks "right"

I saw this on the MB forum, but never saw it installed.

They are 99 CLK wheels with w108 hubcaps

check out Lorinser LO wheels. not too modern and they have that oem style look. if you can find a set that is.
    Some say...

Comment

Originally posted by Trofim4uk View Post
      check out Lorinser LO wheels. not too modern and they have that oem style look. if you can find a set that is.
      Thanks, those aren't bad. I'd like to see some other suggestions/pictures.

I've considered redrilling something that's a little more period correct. Wish I had Photoshop still. It would help

Comment

3pc barock, if you can find some

borbet type b

bbs mesh should work also

(widened) steel with hubs always works imo

edit

there is/was a guy on here, who's doing something with those wheels
        Last edited by P78; 06-02-2016, 08:24 AM.
        Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Ooh. The borbet B is nice.
          Anyone wanna chop those on an SEL for me?

Comment

Just put some CLK's on my (RHD UK) W108. I never got to see them installed on that thread either but just went for it. I like the result!
            205 60 16 on the back, 205 55 16 on the front (for fender clearance). I needed 10mm spacers all round and longer bolts.

I attached the vintage hubcaps by drilling through the CLK center caps and bolted 'em to the chrome hub caps. That way I can remove the hub caps and run the wheels stock if I want.

Comment

Originally posted by duct-tape View Post
              Ooh. The borbet B is nice.
              Anyone wanna chop those on an SEL for me?
              Not the version with the black inners, and without the center caps. But you'll have to do with this

Lucas
              Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
              Originally posted by LCG
              High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

Originally posted by cdodgyd View Post
                Just put some CLK's on my (RHD UK) W108. I never got to see them installed on that thread either but just went for it. I like the result!
                205 60 16 on the back, 205 55 16 on the front (for fender clearance). I needed 10mm spacers all round and longer bolts.

I attached the vintage hubcaps by drilling through the CLK center caps and bolted 'em to the chrome hub caps. That way I can remove the hub caps and run the wheels stock if I want.

yassss. this is what I have been waiting to see. I have a set of the 7" colored caps and saw a DIY on how to mount them on aluminum wheels.

The CLK wheels are somewhat hard to come by (and my budget is more on getting my car running right now)

also love the Borbet Bs, I had a set of As on my rabbit ages ago

Comment

Glad to help.
                  Here's the wheels without the caps. I prefer them on - looks more vintage.
                  Got mine from Ebay but you're right, they're hard to find. They only made them for a couple of years I think.

Comment

cdodgyd, you need to show us more of that.

Comment

Originally posted by duct-tape View Post
                      cdodgyd, you need to show us more of that.
                      Ok but that needs a new thread I reckon. When I have some time I'll do it but there's a lot to tell!

This is no trailer queen though I keep it in nice shape - had it for 9 years and its been my daily driver all that time, even in the UK climate. Quite a lot of mods!

Comment

Working...
                      X