new e28 528i daily issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new e28 528i daily issues

hey guys, new to the forum and was hoping for some wisdom!

1) this morning on my way to work suddenly i lost all throttle response! engine dropped down to idle and i was pushing the pedal a few times hoping it would respond, then suddenly low and behold away she went, got me to work no worries, went out for lunch and the same thing happened twice in the space of a few mins and then didn't happen again, on way home drove fine !?? got me stumped, I've got a new TPS on order after reading a few symptoms online that seemed to match up with a couple of other things that matched up, any thoughts ?

2) brake lamp(between hand brake and oil or battery lamp not 100%) comes on and stays on, now the weird one is that applying brake turns it of until pedal is released, and or and this started recently, when turning the wheel, power steering feels fine and apart from a kinda hard pedal(in comparison to other BMWs I've owned) the brakes well just not as smooth as i thought it would be.

the car is a 84 528i and has a great service history by previous owners (almost complete which i was surprised with )
    any ideas would be greatly appreciated

thanks guys

1) Mine did that the day I bought it, 86 535i. It ended up being an ecu which can be found all day long on mye28 for $40-50. It's in the glove box, just check the number to confirm which it is. It's been a long time so I can't recall what the 528's is but the 535's is an 059.

It could be a few other things too but I'd start there. It's always a good idea to have a spare ecu anyways with those. Good luck

2) Is there a brake sensor on your car?

Comment

Working...
    X