Alpine white Golf x 928

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alpine white Golf x 928

My name is Rick and I live in Leusden, Utrecht - The Netherlands, I work at an international car auction. Let's talk cars.

I fell in love when I saw Daniel Lescot's (Ferdinand) car,

Long story short: I bought his wheels:

So the hunt for an Alpine white Golf was begun!

June 11th 2015: The day I noticed an original Dutch Golf Manhattan came up for sale on the local classifieds, after a short call I arranged a meeting to test drive it, and bought it. : :

All the original stuff was also available an was screwed on the same week:

Not really how I wanted my first car to be...

Coilovers were ordered and it was lowered on July 17th 2015:

I noticed some older Porsches used the same keys as Volkswagens of that era, so I ordered a blank Porsche key and had it cut at a local locksmith:

Next day:

July 27th 2015 I went to Belgium to pick up a mint set of bumpers:

August 15th: US lights:

Bonus:

Winter setup, 16" GM steel wheels - 4x100 ET37 - 10mm spacers on the rear axle:

Wheels are refinished in RAL9010:

The Golf right now:

Watching. I've followed your Flickr for a little while now too. Good stuff.

Comment

SO sick. I am glad you replaced the white GTI grill. The car looks like it was really well taken care of.
      Originally posted by s t a y g o l d
      and don't trash talk people, that's for hos at the club.
      S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

So jealous. Love it

@austin_norton | @nortoncollect
        2013 Mk6 | 1999 E36

Comment

netjes, meer is ook niet nodig om te zeggen!
          GOD ONLY LOVES YOU
          WHEN YOUR CAR IS LOW AS FCK!

Project page:
          "1971 W114 230.6"

Future BagRider

Comment

Beautiful. Cool Porsche wheels. Cool Porsche key.

Comment

Looking spot on man, I love it!

"Emmaline" B8.5 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Quattro 6MT Build Thread
              "Ophelia" MK7.5 Volkswagen GTI SE Performance 6MT Build Thread

MKIV Volkswagen Golf GLS 2.0 5MT Coming Soon to a Forum Near You

RIP "Effy" E60 BMW 530xi 6MT [N52] Build Thread
              SOLD"Adéline"B5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro 5MT Build Thread

Comment

Thanks everybody, lovely to read all the positive comments! I am gonna pick up the Golf later today. Looking forward to the end result!

Comment

Should I keep the stickers or should I get rid of them?

Comment

Absolutely keep them. Can you give us some backstory on why they're there?

Comment

Originally posted by DUTCHswift View Post
                      Absolutely keep them. Can you give us some backstory on why they're there?

In the Netherlands all sporters which compete in the olympics get a new Vw to drive with. So this is cool to do with an old golf
                      Facebook Sander Zuurbier
                      Instagram sanderz28

Twingo RS

Comment

Indeed, just what SanderZ said. If you won a medal you get a Volkswagen Golf, if you're just participating under the Dutch flag you'll receive a Volkswagen Polo, all of this is based on a lease contract.

They're pretty proud of it, they made a commercial about it two years ago:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

That's awesome you should definitely keep the stickers

Comment

Chapter II, new life in the Golf

Well, not much has been changed over the last 4 years. I still own the Golf. More or less as a dust collector currently. It is my first car, I can't sell it.

A few cars have passed through as daily cars:

140bhp in a Polo 1.6 TDI is a really cool experience to own and drive.

...But the Golf always stayed. Missed some "MOT's" since I almost forgot I owned it, I still blame the "poor" engine, that was worth 54bhp. That is when it was new.
                            So.
                            Now, I want to get challanged while driving a car. I want a car that is a joy to drive. A car with a nice sound. But, I still got that one Golf I can't get rid of...

What do you do? Exactly! Do some research and see what will fit in the car, and wat is proven to get it to fit, and to fit in my budget. End result: 3.2 24V out of an wrecked German Audi TT 8N.

So, it arrived earlier this week at the warehouse and it is ready to get prepared.

Since the VR6 parts are getting rare here in Europe, I decided to go with the 24V VR6 conversion kit Fabless Manufacturing over in Canada is offering.
                            So, it will come with another advantage: The custom driveshafts will accept the original Golf MkII knuckles. So no widetrack front you see on most VR6 conversion with MkIII parts.

Wheels? Brakes? Gearbox?

Wheels are already here, I want to keep it some kind kind of a secret. They look a bit like the 928 wheels, but in 17" and are made in the UK.

Brakes are already here, calipers are from a first generation Cayenne and the rotors are from the MkIV Golf R32 (334mm), this so it will still accept 17 inch wheels.

Gearbox will be a stock VR6 CCM box. Still debating on the internals and clutch. But, more on that soon.

Now, I need to get a few more parts and we are ready to tear down the front of the Golf.
                            Last edited by Gentleman; 07-18-2020, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Your photos are always epic.
                              Good choice with the VR6, they sound mega.

Comment

Working...
                              X