Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offset ain't everything.

What's up SW,

This will be my second attempt to run a build threat but this time it'll be a bit different.

This time time around I will try to cover everything my brother and I have planned for our newest acquisitions and whatever comes after that.

I'm sticking to the SW forums because I believe some of the most skilled people in our scene hang around here and I appreciate every input I can get.

Again, I'm Alex and my day job is working for an American video games company and reading car stuff on the internet. In my free time I edit and photograph for a Japanese car blog. While being German I consider myself be the incredibly 'international', over the past 10 years I've lived in Ireland and France mostly, with frequent trips to the US due to family living over in SoCal and of course to Japan due to my deep rooted passion with everything Japanese.

Do not think for a second I rock that atrocious German accent when speaking English.

My brother, Tom is the typical German small-town motherfucker.. that's it. lol

But together we make a brilliant team.

I thought about the title long and hard (maybe not) and the other options were along the lines of 'I **** BMW' and 'Not another E36' and 'Lipsize matters'.

In order to not dick off too many people I decided to dedicate the thread name to the OMG-WHATS-YOUR-OFFSET-BRO-guys. You’re welcome. Also, if you don’t understand the difference between outset and offset, I’d like to invite you to set yourself on fire.

Oh and I don’t actually **** BMW people, apart from just being ideas to attract attention it’s also me saying it with a pinch of hypocrisy as both Tom and I are driving X5s as our daily driver to work. Disliking BMW 'publically' simply comes from being a JDM nut as most Germans are raised to be respectless douchebags when it comes to cars because they have been told too many times that their cars are the bestest. They really need to be put back in their place, frequently.

Over here out of 10 lowered cars 9 are E36 and they keep creaming about every. single. one. Bores me to shit. The last one out of those 10 is a Golf btw, quel surprise.

That said, well made E36s been growing on me over the years and I considered a Sarto kitted E36 M3 myself for about a third of a second, but then my micro seizure faded and went with an ER34.

Anyway who cares right? I'm just tryna be your ray of sunshine on a rainy afternoon you turn to a forum to read some car stories.

Down to business.

You may have seen our previous cars before on the internet. Tom's S14 and my R32.

Thanks to knowing some skilled photographers we were lucky enough to have some nice images made over the last couple years. Thanks to SN’s Seb Voll for the ones below.

But fuck cares about old shit. Here goes the new.

As hinted above, I auctioned myself an incredibly clean Grade 4 ER34 in Japan.

The car is on its way to Europe and should arrive in May, I've also filled up half a container already with parts from Japan including a Cross Factory widebody which we plan to fit and paint ourselves.

Obviously there is plenty of cues from the GTR when it comes to the kit’s design. So, inb4 'wannabe GTR' and 'why not save for a GTR instead' - I coulda spent all my money on a GTR, but I simply do not want a GTR. The GTT was a conscious decision, it's lighter and I want RWD, plus with the kit it will be wider and sexier than a GTR. Please do not even attempt the 'COULDVE PULLED THE FUSE' line.

For those that are still not convinced take the R32 or any 3 series BMW for that matter, GTR and M3 parts and designs have been used for ages on the lower level models so why wouldn't that be okay on a R34 that has the very latest model RB engine out of all Skylines?

This issue is somewhat similar to the bagging performance cars issue, funny that no one fucking cares if a E30 M3 is getting bagged but cry bloody fucking murder when it's done to a R32 GTR. And it's by the way what I wanna do to this R34.

Apart from that I'm fairly excited for the RB25 NEO engine, solid lifters, rb26 spec conrods, Nissan VTECYO and single turbo - even if I blow that thing up I'll just slap a RB30 block under the NEO head.

While I've just gone for a popular car, Tom has gone for the manly car out of the two of us.

Bit ofa background story, last year Tom and I visited Japan together and gone to several car meets and events and he was completely blown away by all the JZX100 street drifters. He decided it was time to own a 1JZ car.

If you want to read about our trip follow this link: http://www.wanganwarriors.com/guest-...family-affair/

The initial plan was getting a JZX100 Mark 2 because we had a solid idea of what we wanted; BN sports kit with metal fender flares and huge flat lips, just like this one:

However we did not expect what happened next, a JZX81 Mark 2 came up for sale at auction in Japan. Grade 4, manual and turbo'd. You go try to find a manual turbo'd JZX81 and you'll know what I'm talking about. Needless to say we put a massive bid on it.

Unfortuantely on the day of the auction it turned out to have had an accident and our bid was cancelled.

As my brother must’ve racked up a huge amount of karma points one week later ANOTHER manual JZX81 turned up: Grade 3.5, Big Win body kit, only 77k kms and a shit ton of parts like BBS LM, LSD, clutch, exhaust etc. The best part however is that it’s a Chaser base model with a Mark 2 front swap!

The plan remains somewhat the same as above just change the 100 to an 81.

We might change the body kit to a BN down the line but as soon as it lands it’ll get cut up, metal flares welded on and subsequently painted. Good news, we’ll keep the two tone!

I also have an incredible sneak peek for you because Tom decided to photoshop it the way he wants it. With paint.

The x81 now has a long way ahead of itself and should hopefully arrive by June. If I woulda known something like this will come up I wouldn't have bought a R34 myself lol.

I know, lots of big talk so far without results, I promise results will be reported on as soon as these fuckers land on European shores and I hope you'll enjoy what we've got in store for them.

Truth is we're no professionals and everything I've learned when it comes to cars really comes off the internet. That doesn't mean we'll back down from anything though. Cutting, welding, painting and even ECU mapping is all on our agenda to be done ourselves.

If you ain't bored already and still reading, please be looking forward to updates!
    Last edited by h3llk1t3; 03-16-2016, 04:48 PM.

Subbed
    81 CORONA BUILD
    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=72304&

Comment

Deff subd on this one. I know you and your brother will deliver.
      Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

have seen both of your old car at DMPD last year, and they looked drop dead gorgeous,
        loved the wheels and overal style.

Looking at these plans and new cars i have no doubt this will be a thread of epic proportions.
        definetely interested how this unfolds

i shouldn't be daily driving this:
        "Volkswagen Golf mk1 build thread"

Comment

Building a W124 Benz

Comment

Tite

Comment

how did that dude jump in..never mind lol. I love you and both you and your brother's cars. I have subscribbbed

Comment

I like what you put together.
                stanceworks: I don't really fit in.

Comment

Long, well written threads are so nice to read. Keep it going sir.
                  [CENTER][url=http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66924][color=red]e28 build thread[/color] [/url]
                  [img]http://i.imgur.com/hNTlNvf.jpg?2[/img]
                  Instagram: [url=https://instagram.com/divingboardlord/][color=red]@divingboardlord[/color][/url][/CENTER]

Comment

Very keen to see what happens, I'm pretty sure everyone here knows of you and knows you wont dissapoint haha

Mind explaining what the grade system is? Not heard of it before

Comment

Originally posted by h3llk1t3 View Post
                      Over here out of 10 lowered cars 9 are E36 and they keep creaming about every. single. one. Bores me to shit.
                      SHOTS FIRED!!!

Go get him Bas!

OT: subbed.
                      PS, I actually must admit that that jzx already looks gorgeous as it is..
                      Last edited by loekaaz; 03-16-2016, 06:05 PM.
                      Lucas
                      Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
                      Originally posted by LCG
                      High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

This gon be good
                        IG: @sebastienaudeon
                        1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
                        *pats Sebs head*
                        there there.
                        keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

This is going to be fun

@fackinsteve ; fackin build thread :
                          http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ill-build-E36s

Comment

Originally posted by Jorgen View Post
                            My thoughts exactly
                            Instagram: Jaws.garage

2002 BMW X5 3.0i 5spd manual, Titanium Silver/imola red/black w/sport package,Fluid Motor Union 4" lift,
                            2002 Mercedes E55 AMG Tectite Grey/Black Lowered on H&R Springs/Bilstein shocks
                            __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________________

Comment

If your R32 and your brothers S14 are anything to go off of, the new cars are going to be sexy as hell.

I/G: DeltaAlpha9

Comment

Working...
                              X