My (eventually) slammed e46 sedan drift build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My (eventually) slammed e46 sedan drift build

So I've got another build on here at the moment, my '61 Buick LeSabre which is still going on, slowly working on getting it running but I've picked up a new project.

I've been helping my best friend with his KA-T S13 coupe and he's got me wanting another drift car. I had a VH45 S13 coupe but sold it when I moved out and miss it every day. But I didn't want another S-Chassis, I've always wanted a four door drift car. I picked up this '01 330i E46 sedan last week!

I live in Minnesota, which means everything is rusty. So when I saw this on Craigslist I knew I had to have it. I drove into Wisconsin to get it and it was so worth it! It's from Arizona and was owned by an old man so it's basically perfect body-wise. It's very stock and it's been maintained very well and has 217k miles on it. I'm not worried about that though.

Plans:

5.3 Vortec, T56 swap
    Coilovers, want to be as low as possible with horrible ass MN roads
    Style 95 wheels? Need input on wheels!!!
    Stripped/painted interior
    Roll cage
    Bucket seats
    BCL Atmosphere Demolisher wing
    and some other stuff....

Here are some pictures

I'm also a truck guy!

Today marks the first thing I'm doing to it........starting preparations for welding the diff, ran out of time so will have to finish up tomorrow but I can't stand open diffs so I'm excited for that!

Stay tuned! There will be lots of updates as things go on the car but I'd love to do something like one of these:

Last edited by Sypher; 03-12-2016, 01:26 AM.
    1961 Buick Lesabre AKA the landyacht
    [BUILD THREAD]

2001 E46 drift build
    [BUILD THREAD]

I suppose I should update this! I had a productive weekend! Got the 5.3L pulled out of the donor truck, got it on the engine stand and will start tearing it down and cleaning it up soon!

[BUILD THREAD]

2001 E46 drift build
    [BUILD THREAD]

Comment

So dope man. Can't wait to see her rip

Comment

subbin' cause i want one!!! especially with a swap

Comment

Thanks guys! Excited to make some progress on it, I pulled the heads off last night, everything is pretty gunky on the outside but the inside is clean! Cylinder walls look good too! Gonna be cleaning everything up soon

[BUILD THREAD]

2001 E46 drift build
          [BUILD THREAD]

Comment

Shit. Excited to see this coming together man!
            '86 W126 420SE

'94 E34 525i

Follow me on IG : @mrlaef

Comment

Originally posted by Laef View Post
              Shit. Excited to see this coming together man!
              Thanks me too! I think my next purchase will be some wheels and/or coilovers.

I'm getting some Rokkor coilovers, since I've heard good reviews of them on e46fanatics.com and they will SLAM these cars. They're also only $400 which is great because I'm definitely not rich hahaha

I think I'm going to run these (I'm not spending tons of money on wheels since it's gonna be a drift car anyway, no point in it honestly. That, and I'm not a wheel dictator by any means)

What size tires should I run? I want a setup similar to these...

17x9.5 et17/12 with 205/40 venture

17x8.5 et13, x9.5et7 with 205/40 venture
              Last edited by Sypher; 06-01-2016, 12:42 PM.
              [BUILD THREAD]

2001 E46 drift build
              [BUILD THREAD]

Comment

Well I got sidetracked for a while there, I sold my truck and bought a new (old) truck, and was actually planning on putting the 5.3 in that instead but now I'm back to putting it in the e46 haha

As for my car, just been driving it around, my buddy bought some wheels for his Subaru but they ended up fitting my car and not his haha, so we slapped em on and now I've bought wheels. Yes they're XXR's, no I don't care. I'm on a budget and if I slam one into a curb I'm not going to cry over it, because drift car I'll be repainting the wheels this winter as well. Looking for input on what color to do the lips as they're chipping pretty badly. I plan on either a white or black painted floor and either teal/seafoam or a deep red roll cage so I will paint them to match.

Not much has happened with the 5.3, I started cleaning it off as best I could, it's very bare right now. I also started stripping down the harness as well.

The next modifications that get done to the E46 will be subframe reinforcement plates and AKG poly subframe bushings. I'm so paranoid about my subframe mounts being cracked or worse right now I don't drive the car hard anymore haha
                [BUILD THREAD]

2001 E46 drift build
                [BUILD THREAD]

Comment

Working...
                X