W124/W201 Ford Ranger Shocks Info UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W124/W201 Ford Ranger Shocks Info UK

I'm in the process of bagging my W124 wagon and had planned to use Ford Ranger front shocks to go on the rear with the saloon lower control arms I've purchased. The little info there is online says that it has to be a 95 2WD ranger. In the UK this seems near impossible to get shocks for so was wondering if the 4WD fron shocks fir that are for 96-06 models or if somehow they're different
    Hope someone on here can help

Is shipping a pair of shocks from the US out of the question?

OZ, MSW, ABT, Carlsson, etc 10 point bolt tools info

Comment

Not really obviously depends on the companies shipping cost but I have been looking at a set from summit racing which I know will fit and are actually shorter than ranger shocks and they are cheap enough. Not sure what sites to use in the US though

Comment

Originally posted by Frijz View Post
        Not really obviously depends on the companies shipping cost but I have been looking at a set from summit racing which I know will fit and are actually shorter than ranger shocks and they are cheap enough. Not sure what sites to use in the US though
        eBay. Plus, much like the Jeep Wrangler and other vehicles people love to modify, no one wants the stock suspension from a Ranger, so you can find components for very cheap from people who replaced perfectly good stock suspension setups with lift kits.

HittingRedline.com

1986 BMW 635CSi (5spd)
        1994 Mercedes-Benz S124
        1995 Mercedes-Benz S124

Comment

Will have a browse on us eBay, looks like they're cheap enough with shipping so will try and her some

Comment

Lets see, you want short shock for W201, car with most basic shock type.. similar items can be found on E30, E36 BMW:s, Saab 900 and 9000, and numerous others. just go by local shop that can provide some examples. and choose what you want

Note: some models of BMW:s has different lenght rear shock like E36 compact has real short ones, not sure if short enough for you, probably some aftermarket lowering versions will do the trick..

For easy access: Saab 9-3 Bilstein B8 rear shock: 24-102551 ... seems short..
            Last edited by Exami; 03-02-2016, 02:42 PM.
            Project car: MB 190E M50 Turbo build
            Now: MB W211 320cdi
            Ex:MB 190E M50, BMW E39 530d

Comment

Use procomp toxic shocks. Way shorter than Rangers. Used them on my bagged wagon
              @sirlowalot

Comment

Get some from rock auto, Part: MONROE 32235

These are like 16$ each and they ride fine I use them on my slammed static w124 and they are super short, I tuck at full extension jacked up.

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
                I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

Mines a wagon though so we're graced with having super short shocks, The pro comp toxic ones look tight at 11" extended length and shipping to the UK is decent so thanks guys

Comment

I'm using Monroe magnums I bought from eBay for like £20 delivered and they are plenty short enough, I tuck fully aired out on my wagon but they are a little soft for my liking.
                    I would love to buy the toxic pro comps but not sure if I want to spend all that money importing them from US.
                    I'm using a bilstein b8 w201 front shock and that is a good height and stiffness

Comment

Working...
                    X