Coilovers lada 2107

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coilovers lada 2107

I want to drop my lada 2107 and cutting springs won't be enough and safe.
    Anyone can help me on what to do to drop it? (maybe coilovers from a different car? golf 1? idk...)

a few rounds of cutting springs won't hurt the car or geometry, so i'd suggest you'll do that first to get used to a lowered car and loosening the bolts 'n stuff

i'm bored at work atm , so i did a quick look for coilovers; seems like BC, or KW are the only good options, but they'll cost you quite a lot ofcourse.

and as far as i can see an golf mk1 has a totally different suspension set up, so unfortunately you can cross that one of your list.

i shouldn't be daily driving this:
    "Volkswagen Golf mk1 build thread"

Comment

Originally posted by DutchieSaxo View Post
      a few rounds of cutting springs won't hurt the car or geometry, so i'd suggest you'll do that first to get used to a lowered car and loosening the bolts 'n stuff

i'm bored at work atm , so i did a quick look for coilovers; seems like BC, or KW are the only good options, but they'll cost you quite a lot ofcourse.

and as far as i can see an golf mk1 has a totally different suspension set up, so unfortunately you can cross that one of your list.
      If I cut a half circle of the spring, how much will lower this?

Comment

i dunno mate, depends on the springs. just cut away half a ring at a time and see. keep a few days before cutting the next ring because the springs will settle a bit.

tbh i drove around without springs and just sat on the bumpstops. absolutely horrible ride but it gave me lowlows

i shouldn't be daily driving this:
        "Volkswagen Golf mk1 build thread"

Comment

Originally posted by DutchieSaxo View Post
          i dunno mate, depends on the springs. just cut away half a ring at a time and see. keep a few days before cutting the next ring because the springs will settle a bit.

tbh i drove around without springs and just sat on the bumpstops. absolutely horrible ride but it gave me lowlows
          You are so savage to do that in the netherlands. These roadbumps are like dikes.

btw; have you had any trouble with "APK"

Comment

Working...
          X