Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guidance...Coilover Recommendations

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer ES

So I actually haven't posted much on here but I have been around, reading and learning as much as I can. I am aware that most on here just want to drop their car and want something stiff enough that will allow them to go as low as possible without destroying the bottom side of their cars. And I get it!

In my case I'm looking for a 2inch to 2.5 inch drop. With this drop I'm hoping to maintain a somewhat comfortable ride. It's understood that nothing other than stock will feel like...well...stock. So in other words, a good balance is what I'm after. I have noticed many recommendations for BC Racing coils and also Broadway Static but to be honest, I have no experience with lowering cars whether it's with lowering springs or coilovers.

I'm simply looking for advice or recommendations, especially people in or around my area. My car will be my daily driver for a while and I'm on the East Coast, New York to be precise. Roads here are not of the best so these coils would need to be able to handle some holes because they're not all avoidable.

Well the best advice is to research build threads specifically about your car. Look at what other people's set up are as far as wheels, suspension, etc. That's usually the first step. Second you gotta figure out how much money you want to dump into it, and figure out the best set up that fits your budget. Broadway and BC Racing (and possibly D2 Super Lows if they make them for your car) are usually brands that specify in slamming/stancing a car. Nothing wrong against this (since I got D2 super lows maxed out and I love it) but unless you want to tuck full tire (possibly rim) and scrape around everywhere like some of us do on this forum, you don't need such set up. You'd need something that drops your car, but doesn't slam it.
    On the personal experience side of things, I daily my car the way it sits. Headers are scraped flat and my oil pan is well banged up, I've broken one exhaust and now I got a pretty good oil leak from banging the oil pan around. I don't mind this at all, but I believe a lot of people would **** this and do not want to deal with it. I have to drive extremely aware of road condition, chose the roads I go thru, and avoid certain ones. I have to slow down a lot on the highway, and I very rarely go over the speed limit since I could literally break my oil pan in the process. If this sounds ok to you, go ahead and get an extreme low set up. If not, get something else.
    Road to a Stanced Civic (My Build Thread)

Comment

Working...
    X