No announcement yet.

The E38: An unexpected journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I may be a boring guy but I think a 20" OEM set, maybe something concave like X5 wheels or something like style32s would look the best without breaking the bank or being hella rare to find

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

• There are so many good OEM BMW wheels out there...

ef32b1db9016d7f43d6881af642b714c.jpg
      35648314076_e262c7e5f8_b.jpg

Comment

• 2018-01-16 14.42.16 1693577032998186526_359197956.jpg

OEM is boring. go for something dope

Comment

• ID definitely go with a mesh/large spoke count wheel. The imola red one looks FANTASTIC on the BBS LM's.
          IG @gt3_brz

My Mustang Build
          http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...=1#post1552949

My BRZ Build
          http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=86482

My F100 Build
          http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=97329

Comment

• I love the work wheels, that car is one of my favorite e38s...

I certainly not looking to break the internet or anything like that.. I like to lay low... in all the ways it means.

Rennen will be cutting the wheels so I have been checking their designs and I liked this one

I didn't embed the image because it is too big.

It will be that or a custom one off design..

In the end.. I will be getting new wheels with any finish I want and new tires..

might as well.. I will change my view of things.. Instead of feeling down for not getting some wheels, I'm getting the opportunity to get new wheels.

be positive... be positive

Comment

• ^^ that is a nice design. I'd be sorely tempted to go with a gloss dark gold/bronze finish on the centers like the HREs you were supposed to get. Would look amazing.
              Steve - now in San Diego!

Shoot My Car - Automotive Photography in SoCal

Comment

• Originally posted by LCG View Post
                Rennen will be cutting the wheels so I have been checking their designs and I liked this one

Those will look good
                '02 Audi S4 III+ GT's // '94 Audi S4 RS2'd // '95 Audi S6 donor // '87 Buick TR rusty

Comment

• that wheel looks super dope. definitly nothing you see everyday. What Finish will you go for?

Comment

I arrive and he runs for the hills, he can’t run very far before I scorpion the hell out of him. ( If you don’t get this, go have a childhood ).

Winning childhood is winning.
                    Lucas
                    Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
                    Originally posted by LCG
                    High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

• Originally posted by toddzilla View Post
                      None of these are "game-changers" or anything, so I guess it depends on your goals for the car, but I think they all look clean and classy, and they're plentiful enough to find without having to deal with shady sellers. Besides that, an E38 is a rare enough car (at least a rare enough build) that it doesn't require anything particularly "unique" to stand out and look good. Maybe that's just me. But there's no sort of "standard recipe" E38 builds like there are with more common platforms.

At the very least, these are good "interim" wheels while you search for your dream set.

Work VS-XX w/ step lips

Schnitzer Type-2

BBS LM (first set are reps, not sure about the Imola car)

The wheels on the Imola car are reps. I know the owner. But it has a supercharged S62 under the hood.

Comment

• we need a update! my fingers are crossed

Comment

• car is in storage as the business where it was closed... ( wonder why.... )

I have been sumped in depression and have not really done anything car related on the past months.. I think this a thing that happens to all of us when we lose motivation and that is why threads just disappear into the void.

however, this car is still pretty much one of my favorite cars ever, so it will be finished... I just have not searched for a new place to finish the job.

Comment

• Whats left to finish it up? Ship it to me in Louisiana ill finish it for ya!
                            IG @gt3_brz

My Mustang Build
                            http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...=1#post1552949

My BRZ Build
                            http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=86482

My F100 Build
                            http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=97329

Comment

car is in storage as the business where it was closed... ( wonder why.... )

I have been sumped in depression and have not really done anything car related on the past months.. I think this a thing that happens to all of us when we lose motivation and that is why threads just disappear into the void
                              Damn them southern californian bodyshop indians -Doug Bernards, 2017

Everyone has their "fuck this shit" moments every now and then, just let it pass and you'll get back to work on it more than before

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

• Still no progress?
                                Old project: Suzuki Swift mk1 GTi carbs '86
                                New Project: Porsche 944 S '87
                                Follow me: Whiteknuckleride
                                My band on Spotify: Edison Road

Comment

Working...
                                X