Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMW E28 Alpinweiss ´82 build from NL

Hello everyone,

I am Bastiaan and I'm 21 years old, and from the Netherlands. I have been reading the stanceworks forum for a while now, might aswell start a thread with my build.

At 28-09-2013 i bought my first car, which is the E28. It was fully stock back when i bought it. Best thing was that it had decent paint and very little rust.

I started doing the usual maintenance, oil, cooling fluid, filters, sparks etc. It drove great but i wanted some lows and nice wheels. After some time i bought Bilstein B8 shocks and Apex lowering springs. The car drove nice but it wasnt the look i was hoping for so i sold the shocks and springs and bought a set of BC Coilovers.
    Installed the coilovers within a few weeks and this is how she sat:

I was saving up for some nice wheels and finally found a set of BBS RC035 that needed refurbishing. testfit:

After loads of hours sanding and polishing, they looked like this:

Fitted some Falken in size 195/45/17 for a small stretch. 25mm spacers were used for the front. Adjusted the height and drove it like that till November 2015.

I found a unit nearby my house and decided i wanted to renew its suspension and underbody while i wasnt able to drive the e28 in the winter anyway (stupid laws in NL).

Found the wheels for 2016 and decided to take some pics before de-assembling the whole suspension:

They will get new wider dishes and some stretchy tyres later on.

The car had drumbrakes on the rear so i picked up a 528i e28 rear axle for cheap, which is ofc gonna be rebuild.

And thats where i am currently at.

Nice men!! Hope i can see this car at laylow =p

Comment

sweet

Comment

Started working on the car on the days off and the evenings. I ordered hammerite underbody coating and applied it with a spray gun. came out neat (if i may say so).

Then the rear axle got back from the powdercoater.

I decided to sandblast some suspension parts and the diff cover. The diff was leaking through the gasket anyway so i gotta order a new gasket. I painted the diff black and the diff cover silver.

This weekend was easter so i had some time to work on the car, but i didnt do much. I cleaned the exhaust heatshields and installed them on the car.

Oh i also found this rare Auto-Plas louver for the e28. Best thing was it was only 80km from my house.

And today, i received the Powerflex bushings for the rear axle. So i can start doing some work on the car again.
        I still gotta do the brake hard lines from front to rear. They were pretty rusty and it was better to do it now then later. I already got the old ones out but couldnt be arsed to install the new ones yet.
        I also ordered most of the suspension/brake parts for the rear axle.
        Last edited by trientjeh; 03-29-2016, 05:13 AM.

Comment

Keep plugging away dude I have a feeling this will look amazing on those Breytons

@fackinsteve ; fackin build thread :
          http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ill-build-E36s

Comment

awesome! my car's parked near you hahaha

Comment

I want a e28 so bad, nice progress
              Facebook Sander Zuurbier
              Instagram sanderz28

Twingo RS

Comment

Looking good brotha keep up the great work solid platform and them louvers tho
                Mx73 Cressida Build check it out!
                http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=59875

Ig: Japetto516

Comment

Originally posted by cheez80 View Post
                  awesome! my car's parked near you hahaha
                  I'd really love to see your W109 man. we should meet when the cars done.

Comment

Niceeee, zo´n BMW wil ik ook zodra ik klaar ben met mijn Benz
                    Die louvres op je achterraam zijn heilig!! houden die dingen!

benieuwd wat je er nog meer mee gaat doen
                    GOD ONLY LOVES YOU
                    WHEN YOUR CAR IS LOW AS FCK!

Project page:
                    "1971 W114 230.6"

Future BagRider

Comment

Awesome bmw!
                      I love the looks on the bbs wheels
                      1990 Audi 90 2.3 USA -coilovers-schmidt spaceline (sold)
                      1993 Audi 80 1.9 TDI -modified with OEM parts (sold)
                      1986 Audi 90 2.2 - bit lower - Ronal Turbo - Kamei

Comment

I like where this is going.

Comment

Love the louvers!

- Renato
                          TWMPerformance.com | TWMShiftKnobs.com | GodSaveTheManuals.com
                          sigpic

Comment

Been kinda lazy last week. Still waiting for my parts to arrive (taking too long). I had already bought this nardi steering wheel but still needed a good polish so i went to work and did that last weekend.
                            Before:

After:

I'll hope to get some progress done in a few weeks. Car should be driveable by May, well i hope so.

Comment

I've had the last 3 days off from work, so i worked on the car. I also received 1/3 of the parts needed for the whole suspension/brake swap. And i got 2 wheels split since i sold the barrels to a guy in Norway.

Last saturday i installed new bushings and wheel bearings in the trailing arms, i fucked up 1 wheel bearing by pressing the inner race out while pressing it onto the hub.

Well shit happens i guess.

Least favorite thing was to install the new hard brake lines, i started this morning with them and got them in after quite some time.
                              Then went and installed the rear axle with the new Powerflex bushings together with the trailing arm on 1 side, since i fucked up the other side bearing.

Was tempted to try and fit the breytons with the trailing arm in.

These are the stock 6.5" barrel, 1.5" lip wheels. I'll be getting 3" lips front and rear. Also got 7" barrels for the rear.

Still got some space left inside, so i think the 7" will fit nicely.

I ordered stiffer springs for the BC coilovers, 12kg front and 10kg rear. These should be coming in next week.
                              Last edited by trientjeh; 04-27-2016, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X