Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: i like Exclusive

thanks Dan.. absolutely just give me a shout next week whenever. should be around every night and the weekend.

initial tweaking for the rears. the car will actually sit about 5-7mm lower then these pics when im done, and i have to pull the fender about 3-4mm more, but all is looking good so far. bbk new powder color (metallic copper white stoptech logos) looks epic under the white wheel.
    cant wait to get this thing rolling

*dont mind the third pic. this was before i lowered the coilover a bit more. the rest of the shots are pretty close to the height im going to run at. about 1/4" lower so it covers most of the "outside" logo on the tire will look best

this next pic is a really good pic of the height and amount of poke. this was right before i went inside last night. still have to pull the fender, but this is about the height its going to sit at.

Last edited by 1badg35; 04-22-2011 at 03:37 PM.

1990 Nissan fairlady Z32 - long term build
    1982 euro porsche 930 turbo

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19185

Oh my word!

It looks even better than I had imagined!

Sounds good chap. We'll def be in contact this week.

Sexy z! Love the quality of work and new wheels
    11 CTS-V
    03 Lightnng SOLD
    2006 stage3 WRX SOLD
    91 MR2 Turbo SOLD

Nice Automobile.

again......x100
    56' Big Back Glass Chevy
    08' Audi S5

inner barrel and some of the azenis stretched

outer lip (rear 5.5")

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

Quote Originally Posted by dav3design View Post
    Oh my word!

It looks even better than I had imagined!

That's just plain disgusting, Bro!! Hurtin' em'. Hurtin' em' BAD!!!

street
    form - function - stance

white and crome don't mix

I say all white would be better
    Hatchbacks, wagons... It's NOT all the same. You want in? Don't get a mazda 3, get a mazda 6 wagon. Don't get a wrx get a legacy wagon. and theres a reason the A3 isn't called the A3 avant... Scion does not make a wagon it makes a weird van, but no wagons

Sincerely,
    The Wagon Mafia:Inner Circle
    P.S. Is your tail a wagon?

Show cars are lame.

not an ounce of chrome anywhere on this car. parts you see like the lips and barrels are polished. in real life, the contrast between the white and polished areas is epic.

some updates ladies and gentlemen....

stance being worked out. the fairlady saw ground for the second time this year. but it wasnt so simple.....

test fit the wheels last week. all looked good. as i said we spent literally two weeks taking measurements to get the clearance perfect. i said i wasnt getting anything then a piece of paper between the face of the wheel and the stoptech bbk all around. this proved harder then i thought as i found out at 7:30 am sunday morning.

decided to put a front and a rear on and start tweaking the suspension settings. put the front on, clears the caliper by literally 1mm. i was thrilled. then i decided "hey let me spin the wheel, and see how it looks since the car is in the air. and no way, it doesnt spin. the bolts that hold the wheels together DONT CLEAR!! haha. who the hell would have thought of that. the face clears but the 40 or so bolts that protrude past the face barely hit the caliper.

SO.. i sat there and scratched my head for about 20 minutes. then looked at my freshly powdercoated calipers, and said, ok they are getting shaved a bit. took my cutoffwheel/grinder and went to work.

luckily it was not clearing in an area of the caliper that is purely cosmetic, and doesnt affect the flow of fluid, and is located far away from any of the pistons, so all is good. scared me a bit to start notching a one off set of stoptech brakes, but thats the fun of working on things that are completely custom. things like this come up, and solutions go with them.

and now since you just read that short novel, here is a pic of the stance as it sits now. front will be going down another 4-5mm but rear is all set. 1.5" from frame to ground + static= success

Last edited by 1badg35; 05-02-2011 at 09:42 PM.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!

Over exposure to awesomeness!

wouldn't look any different if it was chrome.
    Hatchbacks, wagons... It's NOT all the same. You want in? Don't get a mazda 3, get a mazda 6 wagon. Don't get a wrx get a legacy wagon. and theres a reason the A3 isn't called the A3 avant... Scion does not make a wagon it makes a weird van, but no wagons

Sincerely,
    The Wagon Mafia:Inner Circle
    P.S. Is your tail a wagon?

Show cars are lame.

^ you have a point? Or just getting you post count up?

nah you know what, i am going to retract that last sentence. everyone is entitled to their opinions, thats what adds depth to a forum.

personally a little contrast on a wheel breaks things up a bit. to me having a 3 piece wheel where all three parts of the wheel are the same color is a bit bland. and 5.5" lips in white would.
    1.show dirt like crazy,
    2.chip and then have to be recoated(especially when a lip is this large) vs having to pull out some polish and go to town on it
    3. simply just not my style

oh and big difference between polished and chrome other then looks, but im not going to get into that... lets get back on track
    Last edited by 1badg35; 05-04-2011 at 08:32 PM.

amazing what a set of rims and nice stance can do to a car................I'm convinced!

god damn that looks sweet
    Static:Society

*K04 on Board*

Any updates Vince?
    Yuya Sano
    VIP Modular Wheels
    USA Headquarters
    10372 Trask Ave Unit A & F
    Garden Grove, CA 92843
    o: 866.613.1983
    f: 949.335.5602
    www.vipmodular.com

I heard this was going to be crazy. Didn't expect this. Fucking hell.

amazing. new set up is killing it
    David

this car is just fucking insane. stock i absouletly **** these cars. with what you've done to it: one of my favorite cars with a proper stance.

Thanks everyone. things have been hectic finishing the car, but big updates for sure this weekend! and a funny one too....

here is a pic from about 1.5 weeks ago just to get you going.. lots of progress has happened since this. a ton..

Last edited by 1badg35; 06-03-2011 at 08:23 AM.

i will let the pic do the talking.

Z will be driving this weekend.... more info soon

to everyone who likes my build... please vote for my Z in this contest

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...38190292912679

its a pic of the car as of last season, but another set of wheels for a die hard wheel whore cant hurt. lol

Thanks Mike for putting this thread back up. Since I now have two threads going i am going to continue the build thread on this new link. has the full mod list and some new pictures start this new thread...

luv 2 the max

<3 <3 <3 <3

new wheels are out of control. i want to scream really really loud right now
    4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

My God you've made some awesome progress

Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Kielan View Post
    Oh FUCK YES, 6-10 inches for me this weekend. FUCK YES!