No announcement yet.

i like Exclusive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh whoops... forgot to take pics of the false floor. I split the spare apart last weekend, as i had a small leak. it will be back together this weekend, and i will take some shots as soon as i put it back in the trunk.

oh and I will keep this thread going with updates at every step this winter. you will see me sitting in the bay in a week or two chopping and welding... I usually dont document every step of these projects, and told myself that this winter will be different. and it will !!
    sigpic
    1990 Nissan fairlady Z32 - long term build
    1982 euro porsche 930 turbo

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19185

Comment

Couple I snapped a few weeks ago at the Dubnuz BBQ

300ZX by aar0n., on Flickr

Stance by aar0n., on Flickr

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
      Oh FUCK YES, 6-10 inches for me this weekend. FUCK YES!

Comment

Keep it up Vince!

http://pantydroppersallday.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thanks guys.

Tuesday Dec 21: motor and transmission are out and awaiting work to commence. I noticed in the past week and a half, that from the shear amount of hours wrenching on this car over the years, how much i know this damn thing inside and out. pulling the motor and trans was really a breeze surprisingly. I had a little hesitation at first, but most of the moves came as second nature, from working on this thing so many times. Luckily all went well, engine is super clean for being 20 years old (i guess thats the perk of 60k orig) and there isnt a spec of rust anywhere on the car including anywhere in the engine bay! this made my day.
          Not to make this seem at all an easy task, as this truly is a very hard car to work on, as compared to most. Luckily having a 2.5 car extra deep garage makes the project possible. now if the lift was installed, it would have been even easier, but have to finish the garage interior this spring before the goodies go in

Now comes the fun part... planning the build. so many ideas and different directions that i can take this one. updates to the list will happen periodically

now onto some pics:

url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/35548859@N03/5281917498/]
          on its way out after a bunch more disconnections

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/35548859@N03/5281588909/]
          one of the garage space with the motor out!

motor. about to be torn down once again, a bit more serious this time. surprisingly clean for an engine that has never actually been fully out of the engine bay before

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/35548859@N03/5281588963/]

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/35548859@N03/5281589001/]

AND.. since this is a stance site..

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/35548859@N03/5281588861/]
          here is a pic of the stance while in the air. suspension travel doesnt happen much with coilover spring rates of 950 front/875 rear
          sigpic

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

Comment

oh and wheels are going up for sale as a feeler. moving onto an even crazier set for next season.

will get really good pics and a thread going soon..
            specs on these bad boys:
            HRE Competition C21 5x114.3
            19x9.5 et18 Mirror polished 2.75" stepped lips, massive BBK clearance as ordered
            19x12 et10 mirror polished 4.5" stepped lips, BBK clearance
            centers custom Competition gold from HRE. titanium fasteners super light and strong wheels
            tires General exclaim UHP 235/35, 285/30 basically new

wheels are in brand new condition. 400 miles on the setup. not a single nick, scratch, mark, blemish, of any kind on any of the wheels. these things are perfect in every way. I even put out rubber tiles to lay the wheels on when they arent on the car so as to not scratch the inner barrel. kind of particular about this stuff.

feeler at this point 4800 for wheels and tires or nearest reasonable offer. no lowballing, wheels cost with this custom finish from HRE right under 7k.
            sigpic

Comment

gahhhh... I'm jealous of your garage setup Vince... the engine looks impeccably clean.. can't wait to see the next update!

Comment

Man that looks like fun!
                sigpic

Comment

hard to update when its 20 degrees outside and my area is currently under 18" of snow. still putting in the garage hours though just slowly working on the engine bay after work each night. relaxes me after a stressful day. removed some of the unneeded brackets, removed entire AC system(shaved off about 40lbs), started working with the wiring a bit, and the power steering reservoir relocation. making some custom hard lines as we speak for the relocation of the PS reservoir. no skimping here with rubber hoses. pics will be up of the hard lines this weekend probably.

AND... just because no one has seen my interior yet.. thought i would post up a small image from a recent shoot with one of the coolest gents in photography. only image that anyone will see until it hits stands (if all goes well!)

about 2 years spent on the complete interior, just about 140 hours of my fab time logged on the one off dash. yes it is a one off pour in abs of a design of mine. dash incorporates three 52mm gauges (currently trans temp, oil temp, and A/F) and is styled to look oem.. but we all know it is not

sigpic

Comment

oh and just to throw this out there, if anyone has a connection to recaro in some way, I need some help.
                    Looking to sell my 300zx front seats, and do a custom set of recaro sportster CS in black leather, but not looking to spend 3k on the two seats.. sponsorship or semi sponsorship would be ideal, but i have no connections with this company currently. any leads would be appreciated!!
                    sigpic

Comment

an epic set of wheels finally has its FS thread

and just because... the spare is back in action, better then ever and will have a tire on tomorrow. then pics with the false floor will happen. sorry for the delays
                      sigpic

Comment

that just prove that patience is evertue or how u say it haha

i have a z32 myself,.,,, same goal as you get a aggresive fitment jsut time and money for me
                        such a clean zed man

Kudos to you
                        i love this dope Zed

Comment

amazing z

Comment

in love with the z its hard to find them done up right

Comment

WOW....how did i miss this one. Shit looks sick man. Cant wait to see the finish. That spare is epic.
                              3000GT-Clean daily project.

Comment

Over and Over.

Originally posted by 1badg35 View Post
                                quite a bit of fender work, but my goal was for it to look as stock as possible. no flared fenders here. But i did wind up pulling the fenders countless times, moving back the mounts for the rear bumper, trimming a bunch of tabs, pretty much the works. took me about 6 months total with countless wheel test fits, fender adjustments. the car sat on stands for quite a while
                                ...take notice of a special detail in this pic.... see it yet?

BBK finished. calipers repowdercoated red to match the car, new white logos, new seals and other expensive bs, 2 piece rotors disassembled and the center hats powdercoated matte black mini texture. then machined custom caliper relocation adapters as they dont make the rears for this car. only 300zx with 4 pot stoptechs all around i was told by stoptech. lol
                                ..about 2 years spent on the complete interior, just about 140 hours of my fab time logged on the one off dash. yes it is a one off pour in abs of a design of mine...
                                When looking at a build, this is what I look for - a relentless attitude on achieving the goal. And with that, a vision must be maintained. A lot of projects get abandoned. But I never see this happening here.

The attention to details are what it's all about. But don't get me wrong. Many would presume that with that statement, everything should be detailed. Everytime. No. A concept should also have a purpose and reflect the owner.

I don't know Vince. But at the same time, I know exactly who he is.

You've set a bar Vince. Now go above it. Then do it again.

street
                                form - function - stance

Comment

Working...
                                X