No announcement yet.

Wide body, 3 piece rpf1's Mk4 Golf build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This looks great! I love seeing all the custom pieces!

Pic/Build Log: Here
    Instagram: tha_notorious_b

Comment

Pics of car with wheels one time! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jay92 View Post
        You having trouble making that one work?
        I thought I might be able to bend 1 5/8 DOM with a large lever but ain't gonna happen. I need to basically copy a hydraulic style one from online

Comment

Pics with rear wheel and -3 degree camber shims. Front wheel is actually back left wheel until my tires arrive tomorrow. Looks like the rear fender flare will be about 5"

I managed to fit the main door to the spare tire well which will access the battery and allow me to trouble shoot any stereo amp issues or to make adjustments etc. I created a border to the door which follows the trunk contours and I'm integrating a cylinder that will lift door up and down with a mounted switch.
          [URL=http://s426.photobucket.com/user/filtersweeper/media/IMG_6295.jpg.html][/URL
          From the back view you can see how the hinge works
          [URL=http://s426.photobucket.com/user/filtersweeper/media/IMG_6295.jpg.html][/URL

That's it until tomorrow when I make the amp support tray and work on the speaker box. Maybe even order the subs

Comment

^holy hell that is amazing..

Comment

Can anyone say WIDE? Holy... That's spectacular.

- Renato
              TWMPerformance.com | TWMShiftKnobs.com | GodSaveTheManuals.com
              sigpic

Comment

I like where this is going. This is going to be wild!
                MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
                Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

Holy, this is incredible. Those RPF1s came out amazing. Subbed!
                  My 2011 Toyota Vitz build thread.
                  http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=56411

Comment

Jeezbus

@fackinsteve ; fackin build thread :
                    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ill-build-E36s

Comment

Originally posted by spaaals View Post
                      ^holy hell that is amazing..
                      Originally posted by TWM Performance View Post
                      Can anyone say WIDE? Holy... That's spectacular.

- Renato
                      Originally posted by OSSHWA View Post
                      I like where this is going. This is going to be wild!
                      Originally posted by TerenceJCruz View Post
                      Holy, this is incredible. Those RPF1s came out amazing. Subbed!
                      Originally posted by fackinsteve View Post
                      Jeezbus
                      THanks everybody for the positive comments! I'm quite happy with what I've been doing too. Tonight I spend more time in the trunk fabricating an aluminum amp rack that will basically give the impression that the amp is floating beneath the window. I want everything pretty clean under the main door so when its open or if you peak past the amp you can see organized and tidy stuff if that makes sense. TIG welding aluminum is totally different then steel but I'm getting better at it. I put the piano hinge on the door and it swings up nicely. I can imagine that a festo cylinder will pop it up with no trouble. I made up a prototype access panel border using my silly adjustable ruler things that are kind of a pain in the ass to actually use. I'm thinking a jig saw and a hole saw is the way to go followed by a table mounted router will do the job.

Picture of the access panel border prototype and it doesn't look that bad! There's something wrong with it still. I think first of all its too thick and too tall. I'll try 3/4" wide this time and I'll recess it into the panel behind it so it will capture the diamond stitch and the border itself will be wrapped in a perforated lighter-grey to contrast the black grill. This isn't for a speaker but merely to let the compressor breath along with an access point to the bulbs.

Comment

Holy shit that's a big amp.

I/G: DeltaAlpha9

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaAlpha9 View Post
                          Holy shit that's a big amp.
                          I ran 3 12"s off it and it just pounded! Had it for years, super reliable. 1000 watts. I just ordered one of the two JL 8W7's so I can begin sizing up the box.
                          Put the other wheel on and hooked the battery up quick to see what it would look like aired out. It's wide! But at least I can see where the fenders will need to be. Things are deffo moving forward!

Comment

Sweet mother of god

Comment

Bada$$
                              sigpic

Comment

I cant fucking believe you're the guy that made my camber shims. And this is borderline local to me. This is the craziest thing i've ever seen holy shit.

Comment

Working...
                                X