Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bookmarked--thank you for the write up! Just picked up a set of wheels with polished lips, so I will absolutely refer to this when the time comes to maintain them.

Comment

• Nice Write up

Comment

• Originally posted by Eman. View Post
        So I guess im in the same boat as the rest of these guys since im polishing my style 5's as well. But since this is only my second attempt i could use a little help. The lips are in a worse condition than my last wheels and im wondering if basic sanding will get rid of the issues. I used 5 layers of paint stripper so im pretty sure its just bare meal now.

What will i need to do to get ride of th curb rash and other problems.? Any help is appreciated.
        I used BOSH orbital sander with 100 grit sandpaper to get rid of rust dots.
        Check out our Instagram
        Registered Ebay user since 2016

Comment

• Hopefully will be following this guide soon!

Comment

• This administration enables clients to transform content into exact discourse, which would then be able to be coordinated into applications and discourse empowered items. Alongside the expansion of the Hindi dialect, Amazon Polly portfolio currently comprises of 53 voice profiles which can talk in 26 languages. http://alltechninja.com

Comment

• I build some monster 3 piece BBS wheels today by hand for the e30, using mostly tools we all have. Today I show you the basic of polishing from paint to mirr...

Some might find this video by EuroGarage on polishing wheels helpful, his were in really rough shape. I plan on copying his idea for a lathe/jig to spin the wheels.

Comment

• This is a great write up. I use a different method but I had a much more intensive process as a whole. Had to fix some rash first and had them professionally stripped. After everything hit them with a polishing wheel on my rotary polisher and Tripoli polishing compound. Patience pays off when doing it this way

D8ED1137-079D-4FE8-8EB8-0851586A4BDC.jpg

Comment

• This is a great write up. I use a different method but I had a much more intensive process as a whole. Had to fix some rash first and had them professionally stripped. After everything hit them with a polishing wheel on my rotary polisher and Tripoli polishing compound. Patience pays off when doing it this way

D8ED1137-079D-4FE8-8EB8-0851586A4BDC.jpg
                  Attached Files

Comment

• I feel this write up is too long and the list of stuff to use needs to be updated. Here are my results using own method. Yes, I also polished the centers. If anyone is interested I can tell you what to buy for the same results.

Last edited by SeeClass; 12-16-2019, 01:47 PM.

Comment

• I can move your post up to the first one, let me look over whats best

OZ, MSW, ABT, Carlsson, etc 10 point bolt tools info

Comment

• Great info!!! I wish the pics worked though.

Comment

• Gonna try this at home

Comment

Working...
                          X