No announcement yet.

Alfa 75 1,8 Imola Turbo #becauseracecar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome 75, can't wait to see more of it.
    I dislike Byron.

Comment

Last week i brought my spare rear axle to a racing buddy of mine,who drives an awesome 75 turbo evo,so he can change the track for me.

This is the car he drives:

Wish mine will get close to being that awesome some day

Original the values are both 0 camber and 0 toe in/out,wich is fine for a stock road car,but if you go race it,the grip isn't optimal.
      Because the axle is a non adjustable piece of metal,my buddy made a complete rig to cut,bend and weld the axle in any negative camber and toe in value.

Here you can see he cut the axle,and bended it to 2 degrees of negative camber.
      He also set it to a minor bit of toe in(max 0,5 deg.),to prevent the tail swinging out and give a bit of straight line stability.

Can't wait to get the axle back,so i can put in some new bearings and longer wheel studs,so i cam play with spacers

Alfa 75 1,8 Imola Turbo #BecauseRacecar
      Audi A4 B6 Avant 1,8t quattro S-Line #Bagged
      Fiat Panda 1,2 Dynamic

Comment

ik ben subbed,
        nette video, echt heel vet
        en mooi project!
        GOD ONLY LOVES YOU
        WHEN YOUR CAR IS LOW AS FCK!

Project page:
        "1971 W114 230.6"

Future BagRider

Comment

Was reading back what i posted and realised,i never showed the suspention upgrades i put on the car over the course of time
          As the car was lowered when bough it,i first upgraded al the shocks to bilstein B6s,wich was a HUGE improvement on the stock spica dampers.

After that,i started the 4- to 5-lug swap,and i also put on a pair of intrax rear springs including some hight adjusters.

The next improvement was a RSR 30mm sway bar up front(the stock one being 21mm)

After that,some caster ball joints instead of ruber bushes

Because of all the time that went by since the,i have lost track a little bit,but other upgrades that are on the car now are:

Adjustable watt linkages with rose joints and a bearing in the central point instead of a rubber bushing.

Rs Racing front coilovers:

Modified upper wishbones to make caster adjustment possible with the coilovers(did the modifications to the arms myself)

Comparison between before and after mounting the front coilovers(photo's where taken while driving at about the same speed)
          Before:

After:

The next upgrades will be the modified rear axle,and i will change the alignment in the front for some more camber.

Fiat Panda 1,2 Dynamic

Comment

Really nice things going on here. Victor Reinz sealing everywhere.

Why does the rear axle design look so weird to me?

Comment

Well,i guess it is because you never seen a car having de-dion rear suspension
              One of the reasons the rear axle is this design,is that the complete gearbox is mounted at the rear,rather then just a differential.

Fiat Panda 1,2 Dynamic

Comment

Badass. Very cool car.

Comment

Ohhh transaxle. Didnt realize that. I only knew the GTV6 has a transaxle layout.

Comment

I got my rear axle back

Next up:
                    - Fresh paint
                    - New wheelbearings
                    - Replacing the front bushing with a uniball

Fiat Panda 1,2 Dynamic

Comment

So much win. Alfa's are so sick! My dad used to own a alfa resto garage in London, such epic cars.

BMW E36 Touring Sport - http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=76178
                      Instagram: @Vish399

Comment

Erg mooie auto man! Hele mooie verandering!

Comment

Last sunday,i had some free time,so i took the turbo off again,seems to be a yearly repeating drama,the gasket keeps failing

After that,i fitted my recently acquired Borbet T 8x17 Et30.
                          The tires are the wrong size,but i don't care,they will be changed for some full slick tires.

Tonight i changed the oil and replaced the filter,the preperations for the new season are coming along nicely.

Fiat Panda 1,2 Dynamic

Comment

Was nice to hear the oldschool Alfa turbo brabbrab again last night
                            Lucas
                            Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
                            Originally posted by LCG
                            High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

took way to long to get those wheels from my place to yours.

hope you can find some decent slicks for them, really like them on the 75 for some reason, altho i thought i'd only like the multi-spoke OZ's on it.

keep up the good work dude, can't wait to see it with the next bbq

i shouldn't be daily driving this:
                              "Volkswagen Golf mk1 build thread"

Comment

The rear axle has been painted,new bearings have been put in,changed the wheelstuds for some 84mm length ones(stock 42mm) and replaced the stock bushing with a uniball.
                                Will try to switch the axle next week

Fiat Panda 1,2 Dynamic

Comment

Working...
                                X