Loud, Low and Blue? W124 Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loud, Low and Blue? W124 Build

So you probably remember me from my last w201 build which caught on fire and burnt to the ground, rip.
    ( http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=69065 )
    BUT I recently I picked up a 1992 400e, In Berryl blue . Of course the asshole who sold it to me gave me the whole "It's a Mercedes, it's a masterpiece and was driven with care" shpeel and I didn't give a fack because I wanted it regardless. So it has ben two weeks and I just picked up a new tranny, Engine harness, secondary Air Pump, Intake hoses, and fuel pumps. All of them will be installed by next week hopefully and then the fun stuff shall happen. This build won't be as crazy as the last because IMO the w124 chassis deserves better Its probably just going to see some chrome 17's, bilstein B8's, cut R129 coils (not sure of those work on w124 as well), fabbed headers to a Catless 2.5 inch pipe to a quad exit (still unsure about what I'm going to do with the exhaust tho), and equal negative camber all around. I would love to someday bag this thing but funds aren't agreeing with me at the moment. Sorry for the potato quality and I don't have very may photos weirdly enough but heres a few...

Here's a pic from work

anotha one

This was taken at like 3 am outside of some trap thots house

This was the night I got the car and was peeling off that horrible AAA sticker lmao
    Last edited by 190Evan; 12-02-2015, 01:19 PM.

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
    I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Love the effort you put into the photos

I'm in. But please keep your promise:

Originally posted by 190Evan View Post
    This build won't be as crazy as the last because IMO the w124 chassis deserves better
    Lucas
    Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
    Originally posted by LCG
    High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

Originally posted by loekaaz View Post
      But please keep your promise:
      <3 I'll try my hardest, but this one will probably see coilovers, seeing as CATuned just started making them for our cars... . But who knows... and those photos are the ones from my instagram taken on my phone, so that's that.

Comment

So during this last week the transmission went out on me, just like the last one. Internal clutches were a gonner. So I'm picking one up tomorrow and should have it swapped within a few hours. Then I've got some Bilstein B8's coming and ranger shocks for the rear. I'm on the look right now for some r129 front shock mounts and springs to match. Also I was wondering if anyone on here knows the specs of the w124 rear springs and also if swift makes a set similar to them.

Comment

keen to see progress. Can't wait till the day i can pick myself a saloon up

Comment

So I got this little old thing today

And whilst driving home saw this clean little G

AND I picked up this beauty as well, God I love a good Reuben

Also, not sure if anyone even cares, BUT I started to make an apple cider beer with some friends and fuck is it good. Super easy and cheap to make, sitting around 9% alc.

Then at the end of the day parked the benz next to this little guy at the workshop and got to work!

More updates coming soon. Car should be running within the next few days. Then lows.

Comment

Tfw you drive 2 1/2 hours to pick up a trans, swap it in, and it's ruined as well

But they are sending me another tomorrow the progress will continue

Comment

So I got the trans in last week and it was running really well besides a small spark issue and then the water pump went out BUT I got all of the parts ordered and also got to getting this thing low. For now the rear will be set up with for ranger shocks, 7 inch DIY camber arms, and cut r129 springs. The front is going to see Bilstein B8's, R129 strut mounts, and cut r129 springs as well. I'm on the hunt for a set of 20K springs for both the front and back but Swift and other companies don't seem to offer sizes similar to the stock width. Here's where I'm at now.

I ran these springs for about a day until I realized they were doing literally nothing and the car was resting on the bump stops...

Feel like my car looks out of place in this photo haha

Comment

So I got a few things in the mail this week

Also put some of these arms together which should be good for about -12 with room for positive and negative adjustment

Comment

So it sat like this for about a week and then I got the parts and got to doing the water pump

BTW one of the worst jobs ever on the 400e, no room, stupid design, had to pull the entire front dressing off and it was just stupid. Here's a pic of the bad pump...

Also you DO have to remove the radiator and tranny hard lines if anyone is interested.

This thing was at our shop teasing me the whole time and I was hoping the owner would sell it but he wanted it, even with the thrown rod and blown HG...

Here's a few pics I snapped of the 400 after fixing the pump with the new euro plate during our flood season, haven't been able to do much work because it's been raining like crazy and has been too cold.

Comment

So little update here, got some time off work and the rear end down! So I'm either going to go with a set of wide flatface wheels like the Work emotions in 18X10.5 et10 If I can find them

a set of euroline DH's same specs

or a set of style 5's 17X8 or whatever width they come in off of an old 5 series.

My choice all depends on my tax return haha. Curious to hear your guys's opinions on these wheels on this chassis. Lemme know! Oh and here's the benz low... Btw that white patch is a bunch of stickers over a small dent from the previous owner, I just haven't gotten to takin them off yet haha, and they are hilarious up close.

Side angle thooooo

ALSO I plan on running around -17 camber in the rear and whatever the Silver Project camber plates I'm getting will give me in the front. Just puttin that out there in case it sways your opinion on the wheel choice. Lemme know what you guys think!
                      OH and I might be grabbing a genuine full AMG kit minus the trunk spoiler for cheap, spoiler doesn't bother me because I have other plans

Comment

Dude you make me miss my old W124........ You should go for the three piece AMG monoblock thoes are sexy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by W124_Starship View Post
                          Dude you make me miss my old W124........ You should go for the three piece AMG monoblock thoes are sexy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          Thought about those, love them to death but I'm trying to do something new and that's why I proposed the works. Also three piece monoblocks are pricy $$$$$ Also I plan on running a wing that's not so purist friendly haha

Comment

Thought about those, love them to death but I'm trying to do something new and that's why I proposed the works. Also three piece monoblocks are pricy $$$$$ Also I plan on running a wing that's not so purist friendly haha
                            Dude dont worry about the purists they need to just worry about their own cars........a wing ehhh What you should do is a stance DTM/EVO 2 wide body would be soo sick . When i get back state side i think ill build another w124

Comment

Please tell me you don't mean a ricer wing right?

Originally posted by W124_Starship View Post
                              Dude dont worry about the purists they need to just worry about their own cars........a wing ehhh What you should do is a stance DTM/EVO 2 wide body would be soo sick . When i get back state side i think ill build another w124
                              Ehhhhh

NO?!

**INTENSIFYING HORROR MUSIC**

Now, I am not a purist in any way. But when you follow this plan, I will get on a plane across the pond and slap you in the face personally.

Crystal Green is one of the sexiest colors for the 124. And, espacially in combination with an AMG package (Gen1 AMG I guess) slapped on it, this thing will look like a legend.

Wheels, well... Somehow the W124 is like a cameleon. It suits so many styles. (except retarded offset wide steelies ofcourse...).
                              But, If you really need my vote; I would go for some vintage stuff.
                              I would love to see a W124 done properly on C4 vette sawblades for example. A bit Lotus Carlton -style you know?

Last edited by loekaaz; 01-14-2016, 04:34 AM.
                              Lucas
                              Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
                              Originally posted by LCG
                              High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

Working...
                              X