Loud, Low and Blue? W124 Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by loekaaz View Post
    Please tell me you don't mean a ricer wing right?

Ehhhhh

NO?!

**INTENSIFYING HORROR MUSIC**

Now, I am not a purist in any way. But when you follow this plan, I will get on a plane across the pond and slap you in the face personally.

Crystal Green is one of the sexiest colors for the 124. And, espacially in combination with an AMG package (Gen1 AMG I guess) slapped on it, this thing will look like a legend.

Wheels, well... Somehow the W124 is like a cameleon. It suits so many styles. (except retarded offset wide steelies ofcourse...).
    But, If you really need my vote; I would go for some vintage stuff.
    I would love to see a W124 done properly on C4 vette sawblades for example. A bit Lotus Carlton -style you know?

Loekaaz! This car is Berryl Blue not crystal green! But yeah I was looking at sawblades but their offset is a little high for my likings and I don't want to run 50mm spacers again. The amount of camber I'm planning on running will be too much for any wheel above +10 offset. I would't do the Evo kit because I have never seen it done truly perfect on a base model car and I don't have the money for body work and buying it in the first place. I think the kit looks best on the w201 chassis, where it belongs.

I found a good AMG Kit that I'm looking at right now which should accent the car well when low.

The wing is inspired by Tommk1's car (300ce zender). It a 326 power wing, So no it'n not a ricer wing but it is japanese.

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
    I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

Originally posted by loekaaz View Post

Crystal Green is one of the sexiest colors for the 124. And, espacially in combination with an AMG package (Gen1 AMG I guess) slapped on it, this thing will look like a legend.
      Never even saw the crystal green but they are very similiar. Here's Berryl Blue
      Here's Crystal green

Comment

do what you like man!
        im in for updates! keep it up!
        GOD ONLY LOVES YOU
        WHEN YOUR CAR IS LOW AS FCK!

Project page:
        "1971 W114 230.6"

Future BagRider

Comment

LOL at "its not a ricer wing but its Japanese" ROFL keep up the good work dude! build is coming along. And the 326 power wing will look sick AF on there!! cant wait to see that. i love how its going to look on tommk1's 124. Screw the MB purist and their opinions on wings. those same purist would snap if they saw you cutting your springs.
          C280 Build Thread
          C43 ///AMG Build Thread
          E320 Wagon Build Thread

Follow me on Instagram:@SD_210

Comment

Originally posted by SD202 View Post
            LOL at "its not a ricer wing but its Japanese" ROFL keep up the good work dude! build is coming along. And the 326 power wing will look sick AF on there!! cant wait to see that. i love how its going to look on tommk1's 124. Screw the MB purist and their opinions on wings. those same purist would snap if they saw you cutting your springs.
            Haha! True, I wouldn't consider it ricer but that's just my opinion and because of my influence of Japanese cars. Tom's car is looking so rad! Have you figured out the leak in your bag set up yet?

Comment

Bought a set of temporary wheels off of a friend! These will have to hold me over until I receive my tax return haha! the specs are 17X8.5 et35 with a 1.25 inch adapter. They should look nice with the camber I have planned for the rear. I'll keep ya guys posted!

I've got the caps as well but because they are fake I don't want to go around repping fake BBS's lmao. These wheel also be seeing either blue or gold faces to match the paint of the car.

Comment

A sun-beaten Z8????? Damn.

Comment

do what you like man!
                  cool cars

Comment

Originally posted by white out View Post
                    A sun-beaten Z8????? Damn.
                    Yeah....I don't know if they all were Alpina's but this one was and it was absolutely ruined, the owner always comes by the shop to get shit fixed, he breaks the thing weekly.

Comment

Just a photo at the bank to keep this build to date...

Also I will be making some wood cupholder inserts that are stained to match the wood in placer of the little center console that I ****, If anyones interested after I get a few prototypes made I'll ship them for hella cheap. Right here

Comment

Update on the cupholders! Got the 1st unpainted prototype out! I just need to mess with the dimensions and figure out why the amg emblem didn't cut :/

Our epilog Laser cutter

Help up with tape hahahaha but you get the idea ,as of now the holes are too large and the whole thing itself is too tall, Dimensions got messed up in Ai.

Comment

Ok maybe the Evo 2 thing wasnt such a great idea haha i totally forgot what the W124 looks like with that rice kit.........ANYWAY i was thinking of starting a W124 coupe E500 thingy with maybe an ls engine or seeing if i can frankestein a 6.3 amg motor in there with the 7g tranny. Nice progress on the bulid BTW but it time to loose the stock wheels the kinda ugly

Comment

Originally posted by W124_Starship View Post
                            Ok maybe the Evo 2 thing wasnt such a great idea haha i totally forgot what the W124 looks like with that rice kit.........ANYWAY i was thinking of starting a W124 coupe E500 thingy with maybe an ls engine or seeing if i can frankestein a 6.3 amg motor in there with the 7g tranny. Nice progress on the bulid BTW but it time to loose the stock wheels the kinda ugly
                            Scroll up and you'll see that I am ditching them within this week

Comment

Did you ever install r129 springs? I wasn't sure if those would work or would provide enough stiffness. R129 strut mounts are magical.. Lol I have a set that I installed and then removed because it gave me way too much travel and I rubbed the crap out of everything.

If you do a wing, you should do a ducktail.
                              sigpic
                              instagram: chompsticks

Comment

Originally posted by chompsticks View Post
                                Did you ever install r129 springs? I wasn't sure if those would work or would provide enough stiffness. R129 strut mounts are magical.. Lol I have a set that I installed and then removed because it gave me way too much travel and I rubbed the crap out of everything.

If you do a wing, you should do a ducktail.
                                Nah never installed them, the 400e springs are already stiffer than stock w124 springs so I just cut them to size and ran them but now I'm going to be welding in rear adjustable coil over sleeves and running a 6k swift spring I believe. No longer going with the r129 mount after hearing that and Im going to bite the bullet on the e36 coilover with camber plate set up like I ran before. Also Im looking into 326 power for wings similar to the one Tommk1 is running.

Comment

Working...
                                X