Third Bagged Benz. 2001 E320 wagon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TruTaing View Post
    lol. no no - no cracked block block for me. I just crossed 165k miles and the engine's been good..

I havent read heard of anyone w/ an m112 w/ a cracked block. Its generally a super-under tuned, all-purpose, torquey motor used from SLKs to MLs, in other words its been pretty durable. My PCV ontop of the valve covers wont stay sealed for more than like 20k, but other than that... the engine's been very durable for me. If I were you, i'd look into the PCV hoses and make sure they're not giving you issues. They may be clogged and can cause some issues there.

On the bright side if yours is giving you issues: m112's are like.. 500 bux now a days and easy to get if you need to pull it out. Pretty sure there is a guy in LA who can swap ya over to an m113 also.

Are you sure your system doesnt have too much fluid in it - Im guessing you've drained it entirely out also.

Oh man fewww i got scared for a minute. Yeah i have heard the same thing about these m112 and m113 engines. The M113 in the C43 i just sold had 220k miles on original everything! The new owner is good friend of mine and i get to ride in the car often, still pulls like a freight train.anyway back to the wagon. Yeah I have drained the system like three times. All of which i have had a difficult time getting it to burp the air out of the heater core. I actually dont have any working heat right now either. Luckily for me its never to cold here in SoCal. Also going to check the PCV now that you mention it. some on other forums have indicated a clogged EGR can cause similar problems.
    C280 Build Thread
    C43 ///AMG Build Thread
    E320 Wagon Build Thread

Follow me on Instagram:@SD_210

Comment

few more small updates. Buddy of mine who has a vinyl wrap business here in the San Diego area ( @mac_wraps on instagram) installed some gloss black on my roof for that false panoramic roof look. He came by my place and did the hood grills to tie it all together. And also scored some euro impact strips without the Bumper light. dont mind the stock wheels its temporary.

Hmmmm still havent figured this one out. Will have to wait for wheels.

US spec Impact strip with bumper light ( that I have already painted) VS the Euro spec impact strip that doesnt have any bumper light.

Quick 0.97c Rattle Can paint job

I dont mind the rattle can paint that doesnt match because most likely this car is going to get a full wrap soon.
      C280 Build Thread
      C43 ///AMG Build Thread
      E320 Wagon Build Thread

Comment

You gotta make those fenders work mate, it'll be so worth it
        And I love the little touches like the euro bumper trim, makes the car what it is

Comment

Originally posted by Mehowski View Post
          You gotta make those fenders work mate, it'll be so worth it
          And I love the little touches like the euro bumper trim, makes the car what it is
          Im trying to figure it out! might change it up and just run ZG flares, anything will be better than the bacon fenders. lol
          C280 Build Thread
          C43 ///AMG Build Thread
          E320 Wagon Build Thread

Comment

Awesome man! You know I love my w210 estates. you gotta do what I was too chicken to accomplish.

Comment

so after much debate. and in preparation for the bags to finally go in this month (if all goes as planned) i decided to cut and flare the car. but not with the clinched flares as they were going to require more trim work and cutting of oem bumper moulding pieces. i was not willing to do this as i like the look and the euro impact strips are harder to get and find here in the US. so ive decided to go with Datsun ZG flares. everything needs to be dialed in a bit but basically the following photo dump pis the process i went through to fit the flares. the fronts were easy to cut out. the rears on this merc were a pain and took over 5 hours to simply cut out. cut tabs and then fold over for rigidity the sheet metal. most cars have two layers. this merc has three very thick layers of sheet metal. I was thinking it was because its a wagon and needs added reinforcement in that rear area. I know most people weld the panels back together. but i did not have access to a welder and after folding all the sheet metal over it quarter panel seemed rigid again. and not flimsy like when first cut. So some seam sealant slapped on over the bare metal where the tabs were cut and some under coating and its good. here is the photo dump. the wheels were fitted to an offset of -20et front and rear. widths are 19x10 , 19x11.5 also while i was doing the flare install my buddy who i sold my previous amg build to was re-wrapping it with the color change wrap. I also picked up a second hand steering wheel to use temporarily while i send out the other OEM wheel to get reupholstered and converted to wood grain.

^^^ Decided against these even though some people really wanted me to make them work.

the main reason the fenders were getting cut.....not my work. so it didnt bother me to hack them up. lol its just a car afterall.

\

my first time doing this. I need to cut a little better. LOL i had to clean it up with the grinding disc

Holy body filler!!

next on the to do list..... HEADLIGHTS!

old wheel getting sent to be reupholstered

temporary setup

those gauges and switches need the bags hooked up ASAP. still waiting on some rear brackets.

the nasty rears. the body filler was even thicker back here.

dont mind the dirt. will get it all cleaned up eventually.

im thinking it can go even wider once im bagged. So probably going to get bigger lips but for now will stick to the spacers im using to get it to -20et

took the spacers off the front so i could drive and turn without destroying the flares before its even on bags

thats all the updates for now. Hopefully next time i update this thread will be to show the car laid out.
              C280 Build Thread
              C43 ///AMG Build Thread
              E320 Wagon Build Thread

Comment

Great stance! The fender flares added a lot of badassness
                sigpic

Comment

Whats the name of these wheels and where can i get some !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by W124_Starship View Post
                    Whats the name of these wheels and where can i get some !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    They're Weds Kranze LXZ
                    Check VRwheels.com they usually have used sets on there or a decent price.
                    C280 Build Thread
                    C43 ///AMG Build Thread
                    E320 Wagon Build Thread

Comment

duuuuude you get all the cool/vip/wide/big rims in the states....all you can find in europe are vossens, RSs, RMs and oz futuras....and nothing on 20s!!!

Comment

Originally posted by low_unit View Post
                        duuuuude you get all the cool/vip/wide/big rims in the states....all you can find in europe are vossens, RSs, RMs and oz futuras....and nothing on 20s!!!
                        Thanks for the kind words dude! and yeah we got some nice sets over here. Im sure there must be a wheel supplier over there somewhere that can supply you all with old 3 piece wheels.
                        C280 Build Thread
                        C43 ///AMG Build Thread
                        E320 Wagon Build Thread

Comment

The moment you have all been waiting for.

And as many of you already know since you follow me on instagram. The wagon is now fully bagged and in between the time it took me to have the control arms welded and throw everything in. I Also had to change out the radiator. I took the liberty of also changing out the old tired headlights and finally got around to making a chrome strip for my passenger side euro impact strip. The reason i had to make one from the US spec strip is because the one i ordered never showed up, In fact the USPS tracking number says its out for delivery. since January 14th thanks USPS Anyway. With all that being said here is a photo dump of all that i have done since the last post. Also scored a set of authentic Renntech burl wood interior door handles. changed those out in a day, was very easy, but at the same time very annoying because of old plastic clips breaking on removal of the door cards. bags are straight forward setup. same as both my old w202s so not going into much detail there. Also had my wheels refinished to my taste and not the previous owners. I will let the pics do the talking.

Get this shit out of here!

Not a PERFECT match but hey, Renntech did a much better job restoring the handles than I could have done.

Some day time shots of the new lights before it was bagged.

my previous C43 AMG build, being taken care of by a good friend of mine that i sold it to.

aforementioned "custom made" chrome strip

NO I did not use Elmers wood-glue for this project, that was left out from a previous furniture repair project that i was doing the same day.

Then this happened....

Dropped my wheels off with the man! ( @chamorroboy86 on Instagram ) He got my wheels refinished to perfection!

Changed from red to blue center caps. Using vinyl overlays thanks to Zach at LZvinyls in Arizona!

now I just need to mount tires on the wheels and get them on the car, Then have some real photos taken instead of these Iphone pictures.
                          C280 Build Thread
                          C43 ///AMG Build Thread
                          E320 Wagon Build Thread

Comment

Holy shit this thing came together real quick.

Very very impressive man, props to you!

Wheels look tight, and oh my that white saloon (idk what it is we dont have that shit here in the UK, Lexus maybe ) is out of this world

Comment

Holy Moly thats clean man!
                              love it how you make a mercedes wagon so lean and clean!! <3
                              GOD ONLY LOVES YOU
                              WHEN YOUR CAR IS LOW AS FCK!

Project page:
                              "1971 W114 230.6"

Future BagRider

Comment

I'm starting to get over the whole fender flare thing now, but damn does the big wagon wear them well. Can't wait to see the wheels back on it.

I/G: DeltaAlpha9

Comment

Working...
                                X