Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you guys should never do business with them

Comment

got an email last night....saying that refund has been sent..... i called my CC this mornig they did not receive any money from Chaokonen......

Comment

^ WTF? What was the reason? I don't care HOW many times they log on to try and defend their company, no way I'm tossing my money in that direction. Unbelieveable!!!
        E12/E39M/E53

Comment

Ok, I just read the entire thread and my biggest concern regarding JDM Wheels (other than the customer complaints obviously) is that the domain name is registered using a proxy service. This just means that the domain owners are hidden and you can't (easily) find out who/what/where the domain is registered.

This one fact alone should ring alarm bells, because why would a legit business hide such details? In addition, you actual have to pay extra to have your details hidden/removed/obscured from whois domain records.

On the other hand, their website 'partner': Seat Rail Factory has the following domain registration info, which I'll post here because it's publicly available anyway (mods, remove it if you must).

CHOKONEN CO. LTD.
          4625 W. Nevso Drive
          Suite 3
          Las Vegas, Nevada 89103
          United States
          +81.9065011927

While this type of info may seem trivial, it does in fact allow you to perform some 'due diligence' when preparing to deal with an online business. Once you have a starting point, you can Google the shit out of the info in front of you and see what comes up. Even use Google Maps (streetview if available) to see if they really do have a store front etc.

Follow the trail further and more info pops up: http://nvsos.gov/SOSEntitySearch/Cor...53d%253d&nt7=0

Like I said, if you're legit, why hide the whois domain info? Just saying...

I've got nothing against JDM Wheels personally, I've never dealt with them. I was actually considering dealing with them till reading this thread. They may very well be completely legit but so far the track record seems hazy IMHO.

To be honest, it's very sad to hear things like these (true or not) because on the surface the business model seems like a winner, it's just that it has been ruined by another bad rep.

/rant

my flickr

Comment

I'll say it again..... I have ordered two sets of wheels from them, and though my SSR Viennas took a long time getting here, they still got here, and were awesome.
            SLAMMED GARAGE
            slammedgarage@hotmail.com

Comment

I don't know what to say but WOW !
              I joined this forum in 2010 and only recently been active on here. I was actually looking on here for info about jdm-wheels , i used the search button... here I am
              I have seen this guy Roo (Jason Arebalo) on so many other forums scamming ppl and blaming it on his ex-business partner from like 6-7 years ago that has nothing to do with anything. Excuse after excuse is all I read from him
              I had no idea he was behind jdm-wheels , now that I do (for 1) I am obviously not buying from him and (for 2) I can not believe the automotive community is still letting him operate , I mean i thought this guy would be in jail by now or gone.
              I want to say I feel bad for the ppl on here that got taken advantage of ! Dont let ppl like this survive in the automotive community.

Comment

Any updates on this business and the owner Roo? the jdm-wheels website looks like it hasnt been updated in a while, just wondering if he is still around?

Comment

I have been hearing rumors of Roo being in Jail in Japan. Does anyone know anymore info on this?

Comment

Well, I just went to google and typed in JDM-Wheels.com and the only thing that comes up is a stupid search page. So which is it?

Comment

Originally posted by AlpineE39 View Post
                      Well, I just went to google and typed in JDM-Wheels.com and the only thing that comes up is a stupid search page. So which is it?
                      Read on another forum he was in Jail in Japan for 20 something days for raping a Japanese girl. Did anyone else hear anything else?

Comment

after reading this it is just disappointing that someone would scam people like they have
                        Instagram = VIP_E90

Comment

Working...
                        X