• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mehowski View Post
    I too don't like the cold

Love the build man, very excited to see the wheel progress
    Thanks dude! Me too!

I think I'm gonna go with Porsche macadamia metallic for the barrel faces.

I'm not sure if I should keep the black and gold bbs centre caps or go with the red gold. Hmmm.
    89 Carb'd-Turbo Golf Cabrio

Comment

Tires are off

Comment

Got home and thought id have a go at pulling at least one lip off.. Cut in-between the lip and barrel with a craft knife and then took a rubber mallet... Gave it a few good hits from the back and the lip came off.

I don't have anything to take off all the old silicone, ill have to take a trip to the hardware store. See if there is a drill attachment that will take it off with out messing up the wheel

I couldn't help myself, i test fitted the 2" lip.

I'm stoked on how they look. Hopefully they come out nice once they are done.

This is another 1st for me, never refurbished wheels before.

Comment

I picked up a drill attatchment to remove the silicone. Then cleaned the small gaps up with a scotch brite pad. Not he most exciting of updates, but a part of the build.

After an hour or so of elbow grease I got all the silicone off.

Next up is the bolts. I'd love to buy brand new ones but I have to stay on a reasonable budget.

Most of the bolts look crappy. I soaked them in vinegar over night.

Apparently bar keepers friend, cleans up stainless steel so I thought I'd give it a go.

After brushing it with a toothbrush followed by a quick polish with mothers. They came up fairly clean.

I spent a little time looking up intercooler solutions for the golf.

After lots of thought and research I decided to go with a water to air cooler. It's pretty small in size and will replace a section of charge pipe. I went this route due to the alternator, plenum and radiator getting in the way for a traditional front mount.

There will be a heat exchange located In the grill and the system will have its own pump and water reseviour.

Comment

Got the first one wrapped up and ready for paint.

Does any one have any recommendations for polish, for the lips.

Up to recent I've used mothers, with out a sealer. I was thinking of trying out white diamond polish and maybe finishing the lips with a wax sealent from auto finesse.

I really want to keep my wheels in decent condition after they are together. I find mothers polish clouds pretty quick and looks shit when you get close to the bolts. Any tips would be sweet!

Comment

I find autosol to be one of the best out there.
              Originally posted by anth
              Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Good Job man !!

Have you got Instagram ?
                Intragram : https://instagram.com/arnaud.c/

Comment

Originally posted by Oxer View Post
                  I find autosol to be one of the best out there.
                  Sweet, I'll take a look.

Originally posted by Arnaud.C View Post
                  Good Job man !!

Have you got Instagram ?
                  Thanks!! I do yeah it's...

@jeremy_bentham_

Comment

Can't wait to see the finished engine setup

- Renato
                    TWMPerformance.com | TWMShiftKnobs.com | GodSaveTheManuals.com
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TWM Performance View Post
                      Can't wait to see the finished engine setup

- Renato
                      I'm excited to get it back on the road with the new changes. I'll keep this up to date as I plump in the new intercooler etc!

I also have a new msd timing computer to go in.

The one I had, had a fixed timing curve. With the dustributer locker out. The new one has the adjustable curve. So I can fine tune a little more.

Comment

Got my valve cover in the mail finally. Stripped it down..gave the SEAT logo a brush finish with 180, 320, grit.. masked it up and painted it mk5 gti candy white.

took off the bov and boost pipe, shortened the boost ref pipe a little. Fitted the intercooler.

Fitted the valve cover.

Comment

Good to see a fellow Calgarian on here. Excellent work from start to finish! Perfectly executed. Looking forward to more updates

Build thread ------> http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1186733#post1186733

Comment

Good choice on face color! Mine are close to that, and I'm from edmonton! Hope to see you around at meets over summer
                            Canadian eh,

Comment

Originally posted by crxmarc View Post
                              Good to see a fellow Calgarian on here. Excellent work from start to finish! Perfectly executed. Looking forward to more updates
                              Thanks!! Ill keep this updated for sure!

Originally posted by ExpelI View Post
                              Good choice on face color! Mine are close to that, and I'm from edmonton! Hope to see you around at meets over summer
                              Thanks!! That looks really good!

I picked up the paint today and the paint guy showed me a swatch, its a lot darker then i originally thought. But thats good, better then to light. Give me a shout any time you're in town!

On another note, I am starting to think a little more about tires.. I was gonna go for the 165/45.. but changed my mind. I think I want more meat on the tire with better grip.

Any recommendations, would be great. Ive thought about the Toyo Proxes T1R - Pretty standard sporty tire. Or something more track orientated like the Proxes R888.

Comment

The Toyo's... All day erday

Comment

Working...
                                X