No announcement yet.

BBS LM refinish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am at the 3rd stage of compound with only the rouge to go! Went in to Speedware Motorsports and ordered my tires. I went with a Falken 452 225/35 for my front 18"x9 and a 245/35 for my 10" wide rear. By this time next week they should be mounted and I will be ready to fit the wheels to the arches.

Comment

ambitious... yes ... amazing ... yes. Fantastic work!
      "This community is made up of people who strive to push the boundaries of the conceivable"

Comment

Soda blast the centers and clear coat them for a raw finish.

Comment

<333333333333

Comment

Originally posted by shortwave360 View Post
            wow looks awesome especially with the polished inside
            Visit: www.m-technik.com

*** For sale: euro stuff, BBS steering wheels, smoked tail lights, bunch of rare wheels (5x120 and 4x100) ***

My cars:
            - E28 Alpina B9 3,5 #575
            - E34 M5 3,8l Nurburgring edition
            - E36 328i Coupe
            - E30 touring with M52B25 and 5 lug conversion *RIP*
            - E30 320i cabrio
            - VW Caddy 1 Gulf Racing

Comment

loving the work will be keeping an eye on these

328i Sport, Giving Stance a Chance

Comment

wow, those look brand new
                -Jason
                http://project-a3.blogspot.com

Comment

sell them to me

Comment

can somebody tell me the color code of the paint of the BBS CK? I want to repain tit But i think, they use a special paint

Comment

Are you going to clear the inner barrel? I would suggest it as you'll have a bitch of a time keeping those from oxidizing over.
                      Originally posted by Jesus Christ
                      if "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" doesnt include being able to buy a huge veiny motherfucker then the declaration of independence isnt worth the hemp it was written on.
                      Originally posted by Jedidiah
                      he speaks the truth.. he doesn't even have the -- -- eyes.

Comment

looks great! how much you got the wheels re polished for?

Comment

Originally posted by Eric M View Post
                          ambitious... yes ... amazing ... yes. Fantastic work!
                          thanks brother!

Originally posted by SeeClass View Post
                          Soda blast the centers and clear coat them for a raw finish.
                          I have other plans a little more glam...

Originally posted by dfreshx00 View Post
                          <333333333333

Originally posted by snitzl View Post
                          wow looks awesome especially with the polished inside
                          It wasn't fun... but does look great. Danke!

Originally posted by Skipz View Post
                          loving the work will be keeping an eye on these
                          Cheers, I can't wait to post vids of them spinning!

Originally posted by Presns3 View Post
                          wow, those look brand new
                          Custom is the word mang

Originally posted by *96tegls* View Post
                          sell them to me
                          $8k and there yours

Originally posted by extol1337 View Post
                          Are you going to clear the inner barrel? I would suggest it as you'll have a bitch of a time keeping those from oxidizing over.
                          I need to investigate what the truckers are using on their trailers and aluminum accessories. They have a polish that seems to hold up really well and seal the metal for months on end. The car won't see rain very often and will kinda be a show car.

Originally posted by Mkv Flipp View Post
                          looks great! how much you got the wheels re polished for?
                          I bought the wheels for $2700 shipped. I have spent about $150 on tools and supplies. My buddies let me use their bench wheel to polish and after all the sanding was done I would guess it cost me about 40 hours of my life per wheel to get them where I would drive on them.

Comment

I have a bit of news... my tires finally made it in and I get them mounted this Friday. I have decided to wait for the rouge (polishing) compound until I get them back from the tire shop. Here is a little teaser for kicks:

Comment

these are looking awsome dude, doing a great job of polishing. just wondering but what grit of paper did you use for preping the metal befor polishing ?? Chris

"Couldnt get a lick of paint under this Whore Wagon!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hondaboy91 View Post
                                these are looking awsome dude, doing a great job of polishing. just wondering but what grit of paper did you use for preping the metal befor polishing ?? Chris
                                Thanks! There were many steps to get them to this point. The machine marks on the inside barrels needed to be hit with 80 grit on a DA sander. From there I crept up to 120 using a palm sander with water. I continued to use the wet palm sander for, 220, 320, 500 and 600. I switched to using a hand block at 800 then onto 1000, 1200 and lastly 1500 before the first polishing compound. It's not easy and I wouldn't do it unless it's winter or you have another set of wheels to run. It gets addicting however to "chase the shine" towards the end and time starts to fly!

Comment

Working...
                                X