Clear All

• Elbenzo // Bagged '92 190E Project

RECENT PICTURES

Elbenzo - Bagged At Last by David Arellano, on Flickr

Project Mercy X The Beginning by David Arellano, on Flickr

Last edited by JDMexican; 05-29-2017, 02:57 AM.
    1992 Mercedes 190 E | 2002 DTM Inspired IS300 | IG @ DAAR_CREATIVE

Current "Wish List - Shopping List"
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    • LED Light Upgrades (Interior, Cluster, License Plate, etc.)
    • Double Din Touch Screen Deck
    • Puddle "courtesy" lights
    • Molded and paint matched grill (deleted hood ornament)
    • Shaved and deleted antennae

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MODIFICATIONS

INTERIOR
    • MOMO Hub (to-be installed)

EXTERIOR
    • Eagle Eye Chrome Housing Headlights
    • Hella Color Magic Smoked Tail Lights

AIR MANAGEMENT & SUCH
    • Airlift 3P Management
    • Viair 444cc Compressors (x2)
    • Specialty Suspension Seamless Tank
    • Accuair Exo Mount

SUSPENSION
    • Only Charged Dubs Airride Suspension Kit
    • Custom Drilled Mookeeh Front Camber Plates
    • Raceland E36 Front Coilovers
    • Saab 900 KYB Gas-a-just Rear Shocks
    • Slam Specialties SS-5 Airbags
    • Home-made Rear Camber Arms

WHEELS/TIRES
    Primary Set
    • Manufacturer: SSR
    • Model: Crenshaw Classic
    • Diameter: 17"
    • Width: 9"
    • Offset: -3
    • Style Bar: Maxed out eventually

ENGINE MODIFICATIONS

MISCELLANEOUS
    Last edited by JDMexican; 05-29-2017, 02:43 AM.

Comment

index page (hyperlinks to posts)
      The Beginning
      First Mini Photoshoot
      Airlift 3P Arrived!
      Headlights options
      Alternator Troubleshooting
      Maintenance + Eltegra!
      Wheels Over the Horizon
      Wheels Ordered!
      Mercy, Meet Momo
      Elbenzo's Bilsteins - The First Piece to The Bagged Benz
      Coilovers & Camber Adjustment
      Bagriders x UAS Bags - Less Than Expected
      KYB Struts, Only Charged Dubs Kit, Exo Mount
      Hella Color Magic Tail Lights
      Secondary Maintenance
      Replacement SS Bags!
      Avant Garde Grill Insert
      New headlights! Chrome Housing (for meow)
      New Daily!
      SSR's back from rebuild!
      Tires & Valvest
      Wheels dropped off for plating!
      Diecast 190E photoshoot
      Parts arrival! Car drop off
      Before photos
      Hella tail lights install - air install hiccup
      OEM grill refresh
      Refreshed grill install
      Relocating Elbenzo - air install begins!
      Last edited by JDMexican; 05-29-2017, 02:56 AM.

Comment

And this is where the story begins...

Before I get in to the beginnings of how I came across and purchased my first Mercedes, I'll give everybody a brief background on who I am and my history with cars. I'll try to keep it brief, though I'm typically pretty bad at giving short versions of stories. Anyway, my name is David, a 24 year old hispanic, born and raised in Utah. I'm a very creative person and currently operate a clothing company, I do graphic/logo design and I also do nightlife and automotive photography as side jobs. I've always had a large interest in cars from a very young age, partially due to the fact that my dad was always turning wrench on the families cars over the years.

I currently own a 2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS which is kind of my pride and joy. I've owned it for four and a half years now and have done an extensive amount of work on it. It's a fully WRX swapped GC coupe, from the engine, to the transmission and brakes as well as numerous STI upgrades to give it a bit more pep. I've also managed to acquire a fair amount of small but rare items for the vehicle and have put my own personal taste to work in executing my ideal "clean and simple" style. You can read more about that build on RS25. (This is where the JDMexican name comes from) Link Below!

(No they're not Advans. Yes it's static)
        TAILORED // DAAR's WRX Swapped RS by David Arellano, on Flickr

TAILORED | The WRS by David Arellano, on Flickr

TAILORED | The WRS by David Arellano, on Flickr

DA\AR's Subaru \\ WRX Swapped RS by David Arellano, on Flickr

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        And now that we've got that out of the way, on to the story of my Mercedes!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        1 week ago exactly, on Saturday, November 14th I purchased my first Mercedes. A 1 owner vehicle that was purchased brand new off the lot in 1992. Now 23 years later, it's still just as gorgeous and has only traveled 101k miles in all those 23 years, one year short of how long I've been alive. The car shows little signs of wear or tear and has been kept in remarkable condition for its age, which I am incredibly thankful for.

It was two weeks ago that I hopped on to my local vehicle classifieds page to do a bit of browsing. I didn't intend on finding a car that I would eventually end up buying, but when I saw it, I couldn't resist. There it was, a two-tone black and grey 1992 Mercedes 190E 2.3 Automatic. I've always taken an interest in the 190E's and had dreamed of one day owning one myself. Now, here I was looking at what would be my best chance at purchasing and subsequently building something that I will love and appreciate for years to come.

I went to go check the car out with my close friend, a BMW aficionado with a slight addiction to the E30 chassis. I figured he could perhaps lend a hand in making a fair analysis of the car and what I would be working with in the near future. A quick 40 minute drive down to Sandy resulted in the first spark that ignited the flame. I saw my to-be Mercedes 190E sitting there in the garage looking nearly as good as it did when it left the lot it was purchased from. A bit of a sales pitch from the current owner and a drive around a block plus some thorough footwork around the car lent itself to confirm my hopes and exceed my expectations. At that point in time, I'd already made up my mind. I would be buying this car. Sure enough the following Saturday I was making the drive down to pick up the car!

And here she is in all her glory. (I'll be uploading better pictures once I have a chance to take some)

Interior looks beige but it's actually light grey

Last edited by JDMexican; 12-12-2015, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Had some time before the early sunset last weekend to grab some quick pictures of the Benz!

Also got my emissions and safety done as well as got the car fully registered. They said the car ran very very clean for the age! I'm happy to hear that it's not killing the environment... I guess? Anyway. On to the pictures.

Comment

Damn, your 2.5RS is beautiful! After seeing how tastefully modified that is, I'm super excited to see what you do with the 190e. It's so clean considering how old it is, good pick up! Subbed!
            My 2011 Toyota Vitz build thread.
            http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=56411

Comment

hell yes dude I love this, super keen to see what you do with it after seeing your rexy. Jealous!
              '87 Benz 190E

BUILD THREAD

Comment

Wow I thought it was clean when i saw it on IG now that im seeing these full size pics on a full size computer im amazed at how clean it has been kept! you scored such a mint merc dude! and only 1 owner. this is going to be so so good. the Subbie is beautiful BTW
                C280 Build Thread
                C43 ///AMG Build Thread
                E320 Wagon Build Thread

Follow me on Instagram:@SD_210

Comment

Thanks guys! I appreciate the kind words I'm glad to know that you're all just as excited as I am to see what ends up happening with this thing. I'm definitely gonna bring my style to it and make it unique.

With that being said. Order for Airlift 3P Air Management, 5 gallon tank and dual 444cc compressors went in tonight! Something like this + another 444. Can't wait.

Next up on the shopping list is euro headlights and clear corners.

Comment

I'm so jealous of American 190E's. They have basically every extras you could get. In Europe getting an automatic with electric sunroof and front windows is already a great deal.
                    This car is so clean, my favourite colour and interior combination. Looking forward to this one.

Building a W124 Benz

Comment

Is there a way to subscribe to this thread? I would really like to follow on the modifications you do to this car!

Comment

Your RS is SICK! Can't wait to see this car come together.

@projects_always

Comment

So awesome. Followed the link from RS25 haha. Looking forward to see how this goes.

Comment

Originally posted by JDMexican View Post
                            Thanks guys! I appreciate the kind words I'm glad to know that you're all just as excited as I am to see what ends up happening with this thing. I'm definitely gonna bring my style to it and make it unique.

With that being said. Order for Airlift 3P Air Management, 5 gallon tank and dual 444cc compressors went in tonight! Something like this + another 444. Can't wait.

Next up on the shopping list is euro headlights and clear corners.
                            how much did this set you back (cost?)? been looking at something similar for my 190!
                            Last edited by Respect Till Death; 12-06-2015, 07:18 AM.
                            '87 Benz 190E

BUILD THREAD

Comment

I love these cars! I can already tell this will be a good thread

@fackinsteve ; fackin build thread :
                              http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ill-build-E36s

Comment

Working...
                              X