Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99' E39 Wagon Rear Sits Lopsided

Hey guys!

Looking to seek some help here. I'm not so mechanically inclined and I'm trying to source out the issue to why my car sits lopsided in the rear and hoping to see if any of you could help. So my car has factory bags (SLS) and on the left side it sits about 2 inches higher than the right. So I'm tucking tire on the righ but not on the left. The car was programmed lowered I would say about 6-7 years ago and the higher side is the correct height when it was lowered if that's worth mentioning. I'm leaning towards it just being a bag failure and some how air could have escaped on the right side, but I'm just not so sure. I know it can't be a bag leak because most E39T's that have bag leaks usually lay frame. I'm trying to get under the car this weekend with a cousin of mine to see if we could source out the issue, but if any of you could point me to the right direction of what I should look for when I do so it would be greatly appreciated.

The original plan was to get new coils up front and do a SLS delete, but I recently found out that I could utilize the stock bags with an Airride kit and Pilot V2 management. So if the issue to why my car is lopsided is because of a bag related issue, then I could just buy a new one or even a pair just to be safe and go with the bagriders airride kit. But I want to find out why my car sits lopsided before I even plan on going completely air. I just don't want to buy the kit and new bags and hope it fixes the issue. So if any of you happen to help, I want to thank you in advance!

- James
Working...
X