my High School Build : Golden Gramps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my High School Build : Golden Gramps

]hello people of stanceworks. I've been lurking around the forums for quite awhile, and now I thought I would finally post my "build".

Being in high school, money is very hard to come buy so the progress will be slow, but let me catch you up on what has been done to the Lexus.

First off, I got the car as a daily driver as I will be driving soon so I need something to drive. I loved the idea of a bigger Japanese four door because insurance would be a lot cheaper than a s13.

I got it already lowered on H&R springs and windows tinted. the first thing on my mod list since it was mechanically fine, was to put a new set of wheels on it. I can already feel the "why did you buy fake wheels" comments coming.

I would rather have my car work fine and be reliable than have it look over the top. for now everything works like it should so I'm slowly adding cosmetics

that's how it sits for now. if everything is still good, a roof spoiler will probably go on and maybe a bit lower in the back.
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Old Japanese cars are my thing
    Follow me on the gram @driftundertheradar

Are those fakes? If so....whoever did the originals should be banned from design.

They're ugly. Real or not.

Comment

Oh wow i don't think i've ever seen 3sdms on an ls. I COULD give you some **** for your fake wheels but my wheels were 600$ and i'm in high school too so i don't have a lot of room to talk. Can't wait to see it lowered though. And by the way, don't listen to gbaby, he is notorious for **** comments on here, not sure why he hasn't been banned yet.
      [CENTER][url=http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66924][color=red]e28 build thread[/color] [/url]
      [img]http://i.imgur.com/hNTlNvf.jpg?2[/img]
      Instagram: [url=https://instagram.com/divingboardlord/][color=red]@divingboardlord[/color][/url][/CENTER]

Comment

Clean base that will last forever. Whats not to love?
        Mississippi.

Comment

That wheel design actually looks pretty sleek on this big ride! Kudos though for making sure the car is mechanically sound, way more important than buying the "proper" scene-accepted wheels and over the top slamming. Some more low will make it way better tho, just sayin'

Keep on going, make sure you spend your money well. I know the struggle
          If shit can happen, shit's bound to happen.

Comment

Thanks guys. I got those wheels because the old ones wouldn't hold air for a very long time, and I found these with tires on them for a $1,000. I already was planning on aftermarket wheels in the first place, so why not get these when my other ones weren't exactly safe to drive on. now I'm saving up to buy decent coils that will lower it a good bit and hopefully keep rubbing to a minimum.
            sigpic

Comment

I think I've fallen in love with big body Toyotas. Wheels are pretty decent for reps. The ones before had to go youre right. Pretty smart for being new to this. Can't wait to see more progress
              The Calm Before the Storm
              My db7 Daily Whip Build
              @PennyBoi

Comment

I finally got around to getting some camber in the rear with a little stretch in the tires. I will upload pics soon of the progress I made. also, does anyone know where I can get a front lip spoiler for the LS400?
                sigpic

Comment

I know it has been a long time since the last update, but school and holidays have mad the past few months really busy. However, a few days ago I did pick up a new set of wheels for the LS400.

They are O.Z. / MSW Mesh wheels. They measure up to be 16x7.5 with +37 offset. I know they are not the most impressive wheels, but they will work for now. Plus spacers can always be used so I am not worried about them.
                  sigpic

Comment

just do what you like man!
                    It looks really clean, and i would buy the same wheels if they arent that pricey for a student!

Keep it going, as long it makes you happy. No1 should be willing 2 change your mind!
                    GOD ONLY LOVES YOU
                    WHEN YOUR CAR IS LOW AS FCK!

Project page:
                    "1971 W114 230.6"

Future BagRider

Comment

Man ever since I was a kid I've wanted a 90's LS oh well I'll get one someday lol. Those O.Z.'s will give the Lex a unique touch. Show us more! lol

Comment

I've always liked these cars.. any plans on the ride height? I wanna see this slammed.
                        Road to a Stanced Civic (My Build Thread)

Comment

Thanks for all of the feedback. In regards to how much lower it will go, I am not too entirely sure as it is my daily driver at the moment. If I can find a reliable beater car, the car will be on coils as soon as funds are available. Hopefully I can get tires for the wheels in the next few weeks to see how the car will look and how much of a spacer I will need to fill up the fenders.
                          sigpic

Comment

So after a long time of thinking, saving, and driving I have decided to put a hold on building this car. I've been driving it forever and it rides too nice and is very reliable. I didn't want to ruin those qualities so I saved up and bought myself a 1975 Toyota Celica to tinker with.

Here is a picture of the ls with the OZ's on it.
                            sigpic

Comment

So we planned to include a minor program to Fluid’s blog. It’s not that we want to drop more bombs on our customers (so they understand more about why we do what we do), but we feel that the world at large should know more about what’s going on in their cars. I got best coursework writing service. For that reason, we introduce you, Education Port (subject name to change).

Comment

Working...
                              X