This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JSuther Scam and Replies to WTB ads

This guy is replying to people's WTB ads via PM stating that his friend has the wheels you are looking for, giving the guys full name, email and phone number.

If you contact him he sends you pictures from other people's ads, if you do a reverse image search, they obviously aren't his.

I called him out on it, and he stopped responding via email and phone.

I was also contacted by a user "paydase" asking if I received my wheels from him because he sent him money and hasn't gotten them.

I got scamed here for a lot of money

Hello,

like I said I was scammed and I know I am not the firs one.

I was looking for some wheels and got a private message form user "jsuther", the message was:

"Hi,

I can help you out with a lead. Please Chris from ASM Recycling UK on chrisasmrep@gmail.com regarding your request.He is located in the United Kingdom and can arrange shipping The last time i talked to him, he had for sale. I purchased items from him in the past and they arrived in TOP condition. His Mobile # is +44703 196 7119 "

I know I was stupid,because I did not check about this mail before I paid him on google.

Now, when is to late I did and I see that I am not the only one that got that kind of message, actually one of the guy here informed me that this could me a scam, but unfortunately to late.

I paid with PayPal and wait 21 days because money was pending, now I reported this to PayPal and waiting for answer. But I am almost sure that I want get my money back.

Be careful.

Comment

I posted a thread about this as well :

GL with the paypal

Comment

Originally posted by Skraight. View Post
        I posted a thread about this as well :

GL with the paypal
        I thought that I am safe if I pay with PayPal but I now I know that I am not, otherwise he would not even accept PayPal.

I already see the answer of PayPal something about that "Your payment is not eligible" or something like that.

Comment

You should have 45 days, unless you sent as a gift. Which you should never do.

My only advice to everyone is always run a reverse image search via google.

Comment

Originally posted by Skraight. View Post
            You should have 45 days, unless you sent as a gift. Which you should never do.

My only advice to everyone is always run a reverse image search via google.

Now is 24 days. I send him as a payment, but I am worried that he should send me payment request if i want refund. I was reading about that on the internet, but some people say that some this so I dont know what will it be.

We will see.

Comment

I merged the threads together. JSuther's IP address is from Nigeria.
              File a Paypal dispute and escalate to a claim. You have 180 days to do so.

jsuther is now banned, along with jsuth.
              The email addresses associated with these accounts are tim.copelandd@gmail.com and sheppartonwreckersuk@gmail.com

To all viewing this: any person who replies to a WTB ad with something like "I have the item you are looking for" is likely a scammer.
              Ask specific questions, ask for pictures and ask for the users location.
              Beware of new users with zero posts replying to WTB threads.
              Never ever pay via Western Union or Moneygram.

Examples of scammers' replies to WTB ads:
              Please contact Stuart on sheppartonwreckersuk@gmail.com . He can service your requests. He is located in the United Kingdom and can arrange shipping. I ordered items from him and they arrived in TOP condition.
              Hi, I can help you out with a lead. Please Chris on chrisasmrep@gmail.com regarding your request . He is located in the United Kingdom and can arrange shipping The last time i talked to him, he had for sale. I purchased items from him in the past and they arrived in TOP condition. Hi Mobile # is +44703 196 7119
              I can help you out with a lead. Please contact Peter for ASM spares UK on peterasmspares@gmail.com regarding your request. He is located in the United Kingdom and the last time i talked to him, he had for sale. I purchased items from him in the past and they arrived in TOP condition. His cell +447031943579.
              I have a lead for you. Please contact Fred on fredquinton400@gmail.com regairding your request. He is located in the USA (Rock Springs, WY, USA) cell307) 223-5160. I purchased items from him and they arrived in TOP condition.
              Last edited by zoo; 11-02-2015, 10:17 AM.

OZ, MSW, ABT, Carlsson, etc 10 point bolt tools info

Comment

Originally posted by zoo View Post
                I merged the threads together. JSuther's IP address is from Nigeria.
                File a Paypal dispute and escalate to a claim. You have 180 days to do so.

jsuther is now banned, along with jsuth.
                The email addresses associated with these accounts are tim.copelandd@gmail.com and sheppartonwreckersuk@gmail.com

To all viewing this: any person who replies to a WTB ad with something like "I have the item you are looking for" is likely a scammer.
                Ask specific questions, ask for pictures and ask for the users location.
                Beware of new users with zero posts replying to WTB threads.
                Never ever pay via Western Union or Moneygram.

Examples of scammers' replies to WTB ads:
                Thank you.
                I hope I will resolve this with PayPal.

Comment

I was contacted by Jsuther with that mail:

I can help you out with a lead. Please contact Mike on miketado112@gmail.com regarding your request. He is located in Sacramento , CA 93011 and the last time i talked to him, he had for sale. I purchased items from him in the past and they arrived in TOP condition. His cell 916-292-6139

I contacted that Mike and got this reply:

Thanks for the email. Yes I have a set of OZ Futura's for sale. They
                  are all very straight wheels with no curbing or buckles. They come
                  with the original centre caps, locking bolts and the locking tool.
                  Find attached files. Specs matching with your request.

I am asking a $1,100 and price includes delivery. I will be shipping
                  via UPS or FedEx which ever you prefer and will take payment via
                  Western Union or Money gram. Whats your shipping address?

I made the mistake to pay, because my specs are hard to find.
                  Ok, I will not recover my funds.
                  What is funny is that the guy dared asking more.
                  At that point I knew I was screwed and I decided to play with him, pretending I could not pay more, asking him to advance the additional charges and requesting for his paypal account and more justifications.
                  Here are his successive messages (mines are omitted), to help everybody not to fall in traps, because he will change names.

Sorry for getting back to you late. I have started shipping
                  arrangement and i am required to settle a little additional cost of
                  $500 for customs and insurance for the items to get shipped. The item
                  is currently on hold and they said its a routine check newly
                  introduced to cub excesses.

Please you really have to look for a way to get me the funds so i
                  can finish up this morning. Maybe ask someone to do it as it has to be
                  be done today. I am sorry about the additional fees and procedures but
                  a new routine introduced and if i dont meet the requirement,wheels
                  will be impounded. This is just a one time fee and after this,
                  shipping will commence.

Shipment has been placed on hold by customs . I only have an email
                  note from customs stopping the shipping and placing the extra cost.
                  If is possible you can have someone do it, that will be the best or
                  you can get it done through an agent when you get to your destination

Please try to understand me, if i had the cash, i would not be
                  emailing you for it. My wheels are currently on hold and thats how
                  thing work here . Please try to understand that i need the cash asap
                  to finish up the delivery.

I already told you sir, i only have written email from customs
                  indicating the extra cost. I can only take a western Union Payment and
                  i also do not send my ID over the internet.

I really need to get this sorted today and will appreciate if you can
                  look for a way to do payment for me and maybe get someone to have it
                  done.

Find below the email i received,
                  Attention : Mike Espinoza
                  Stopped Order.

We writing to inform you that your package has been placed on hold
                  due to failure for you to meet the requirement of customs and
                  insurance. A levy of $500 has been placed on your items. Please treat
                  this email has confidential and proceed to settle issues on or before
                  the 3rd of november.

Thank You
                  Mike Farrel
                  Border Patrol for Southern and Northern California

I cant take a PayPal Payment as am not compelled to do PayPal.

Please this is not as easy as you have typed from Belgium. Wheels
                  are currently on hold and has attracted an extra fee of $200 making a
                  total of $700 but i have to take care of that and you send me the $500
                  i need for the customs and insurance. This is not an issue of shipping
                  getting cancelled but an issue of impounding my wheels and i have
                  until one week from now or my wheels will be permanently seized
                  because they said i violated the rules for international shipping
                  within different continent. Please i cant use PayPal as already
                  explained to you as Western Union is OK for me. You said once you get
                  back from your trip, you should be able to send a western and now i do
                  not understand why you cant give western Union your personal
                  information. Western Union is secured and your information are secured
                  and will never be stored in their database, just to enable you make a
                  one time transfer. Please make this snappy asap as we have no time.

Today I decided to stop writing to him and to let him go to hell.
                  Good luck to everybody

Comment

I got all my money back thanks to PayPal. What a relief. Why are you paying with Western Union if you know you are not protected?

This guy makes more money in a week than I will make in my whole life

What about bank transfer? Are you protected with bank transfer??

Comment

International wire transfers are not reversible if they were sent intentionally. So no, avoid paying via wire transfer too.

Paydase, that sucks.
                      Last edited by zoo; 04-27-2016, 11:11 PM.

OZ, MSW, ABT, Carlsson, etc 10 point bolt tools info

Comment

Certainly, he makes money because sometimes it works when you are not vigilant enough.
                        We have to help each other to avoid that more could be trapped, so that his business is under stress.
                        That was the reason of my initiative, asking those contacted by him to react and to publicise his wrongdoings on Stanceworks.
                        So beware, he will change his name and approach.
                        Hope it helps.
                        A well visible sticky may be useful

Comment

Enterslice deals in Nidhi Company Software, which gives thorough and rearranged divides, with which the organization can deal with its bookkeeping arrangements.
                          Enterslice

Comment

Working...
                          X