• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just deleted 60 threads from overnight
    Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

It's not getting better at all.

Seriously, locate the first 1~3 posts you have to make to the intro section. At least that would cut the spread of spam down to one location and for the odd mass spammer account, there will only be a few over the rest of the site.
      My Build Thread - Alfa 75 3lt

Comment

just deleted 3 full pages of spams today. from just 4 accounts....

This is a thing mods can't fix. Admins need to fix this. I'm kinda done here. Period.
        Last edited by loekaaz; 04-03-2017, 04:45 AM.
        Lucas
        Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
        Originally posted by LCG
        High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

Make it so that new users need to be approved by a moderator maybe? I dont know of ANY forums with as much spam as this one, it is offputting to say the least

Comment

For the love of fucking Christ, lads. Sort this out.

I know the mods are doing all they can, which is great, but if the site needs changed or updated, then I think that needs to happen fairly imminently to actually keep it's users on the site.

Comment

Originally posted by Minuki View Post
              I know the mods are doing all they can, which is great, but if the site needs changed or updated, then I think that needs to happen fairly imminently to actually keep it's users on the site.
              This.

It's super sad to see how small the user base has gotten and all this spam is only accelerating the dying process of this forum.

I've been a supporter of SW from day one and it saddens me to see the Forums end up like this. Hell, I used to visit daily and participate a lot, but nowadays... I just don't really bother anymore, because of the spam. And I'd wager that a lot of people have fully quit because of the same reason.
              It's sad.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

Guys,

Apologies it took so long to make this happen.
                We're made some big updates, and installed new anti spam measures.
                Chances are that we're gonna have to deal with dormant spam accounts for a bit but hopefully we see a huge decline. Thanks for sticking with us!

Comment

A big Thank You! to Mike and crew for making this happen.

The new look will need some getting used to, but it definitely feels a lot more modern.

I'm excited!

Comment

I'm really hoping it solves things. So far, so good. But it's only been a few hours.

I think the new registration efforts will do some good - it's the accounts that are lying dormant for the time being that can spring up that have me stressing. Still figuring out if there's an effective way to parse them out.

Comment

The new look will definitely take some time getting used too, but hopefully we can bring back some of the old S|W charm soon enough.

I will continue to look into the dormant spam accounts and work on getting the promotions working properly Mike, hopefully that's the end of the spam.
                      IG: @sebastienaudeon
                      1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
                      *pats Sebs head*
                      there there.
                      keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

Might be unfair to some people that have signed up but never posted, but maybe just bulk deleting all Accounts with zero posts that were created before the Forum got taken down for the maintenance?

I doubt there's any other way without manually checking to see if each account seems plausible, which would be a lot of work and in my opinion time that would be better spent elsewhere.

Comment

You're not wrong there, but I feel as though that might be what is necessary. It is pretty easy to write an SQL statement to do this, but will have to confirm with Mike if this is the route we want to go to get rid of some of the accounts.

I could always do it via the creation of the account date as well, so if it was created pre-update and posts are at zero, delete.
                          The problem is accounts that have been created, posted, then banned but not deleted. Their post counts will obviously be greater than zero so the above won't necessarily work.
                          1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                          there there.

Comment

Thank you, dudes. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by SebastienPeek View Post
                              You're not wrong there, but I feel as though that might be what is necessary. It is pretty easy to write an SQL statement to do this, but will have to confirm with Mike if this is the route we want to go to get rid of some of the accounts.

I could always do it via the creation of the account date as well, so if it was created pre-update and posts are at zero, delete.
                              The problem is accounts that have been created, posted, then banned but not deleted. Their post counts will obviously be greater than zero so the above won't necessarily work.
                              That largely depends on how many users it's going to delete. I did go through and scan all the accounts that have 0 posts and a huge number of them are clearly legit users.

Comment

Hmm, okay, will have to figure out another way. I'll keep doing some research on determining spam accounts!
                                1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                                there there.

Comment

Working...
                                X