No announcement yet.

Spam out of this world!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They can mingle with themselves, if they must they can start a random postwhore thread there [talk about spamming]. And yeah, limit the spam to the into section. Far easier to hunt it down and control it that way.
    My Build Thread - Alfa 75 3lt

Comment

Originally posted by jazig.k View Post
      They can mingle with themselves, if they must they can start a random postwhore thread there [talk about spamming]. And yeah, limit the spam to the into section. Far easier to hunt it down and control it that way.
      i go thru quick links todays post, and most of the posts that have 0 anwers i can simply delete
      Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

^^ What Pascal says.

Limiting to the intro section gets my vote as well tho...
        Lucas
        Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
        Originally posted by LCG
        High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

why is it that sw has such a problem with spam bots? I haven't seen this on any other forum and I'm on loads

Comment

Maybe because when I go to delete threads I'm baffled by how many people have actually opened them!

Who the hell clicks retarded thread titles??

"particularly with a long"
            "Even with this more"
            "Although the league did not maintain official"
            "uniform and homogeneous expanse of grass"

They are direct copypastas of today's deleted posts and if they've been up long enough they could have over 100 views each... and the view count usually builds up pretty quickly.

Comment

I like this one:

"razor under his eye lid and stabbed his defense Attorny"

Sometimes it's just like Scrabble
              Lucas
              Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
              Originally posted by LCG

Comment

Maybe because when I go to delete threads I'm baffled by how many people have actually opened them!

Who the hell clicks retarded thread titles??
                Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

I think the views are from bots too.

We also have the so called smart bots and copy/paste bots.

Look at user peter jones

Read through his posts, see a pattern?
                  This may actually be a person posting instead of a bot.
                  Last edited by zoo; 03-03-2016, 09:31 AM.

OZ, MSW, ABT, Carlsson, etc 10 point bolt tools info

Comment

Good news on the spam. It seems to have almost completely stopped and in the last few days I've only deleted 8 threads!
                    Also looks like your first posts now have to be made in the intro section since that's where they seemed to be too. Fingers crossed

Comment

Lucas
                      Originally posted by LCG

Comment

Good news on the spam. It seems to have almost completely stopped and in the last few days I've only deleted 8 threads!
                        Also looks like your first posts now have to be made in the intro section since that's where they seemed to be too. Fingers crossed
                        Nope
                        Almost back to where we started.
                        Showroom, Builds, Other, and Intro are the main spam topics again...
                        Lucas
                        Originally posted by LCG

Comment

Someone make me a moderator so I can put an end to this shit
                          4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

Originally posted by hi its me alec View Post
                            Someone make me a moderator so I can put an end to this shit
                            Need to get onto the Admins.

I deleted 60 threads today. Fucking 60... I don't actually think the admins care or take on suggestions. More mods help, but that isn't fixing the problem, just hiding it.

Comment

I don't think anyone really moderates this forum unfortunately anymore. I've been lurking since 2012 and finally made an account recently and it's steadily gotten worse. Referring to the Spam that is.

Comment

I mod every week day, multiple times a day [I spend my whole day with/on the computer at work, so flick back to Stanceworks often. CNC programmer and operator].

I was told that I wouldn't believe how much spam this site gets, and I still don't!

I just deleted 18 spam posts right now since my visit at 9:20am, ~3 hours ago.

I can't believe that people put so much effort into making a single account to post one damned post of spam! Even if it is bots at work why not make them throw 10, 20 or 30 spam post up? Maybe the hope of staying 'under the radar'?

All the deleted spam post are still visible to mods... The builds page alone has 21 posts [one sticky], out of that, 7 spam post and 14 legit threads. That is this site's busiest page, there are pages elsewhere which are entirely spam.

Wheels and brakes page - 16 spam threads out of 20 on the first page
                                The Showroom - 11 spam threads out of 20 on the first page
                                Intro - 18 spam threads out of 20
                                Off Topic - 19 spam threads out of 20...

They're some of the busiest categories. So when you say you don't think anyone mods this site anymore, you have no idea what's going on behind the scenes. It just could be better from a site design and regulations point of view but that isn't happening.

zoo and I are on the ball for deleting the crap but there are other mods there doing it too.

Maybe a moderator strike would change things?

Comment

Working...
                                X