No announcement yet.

Sketchy E36 M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry for the crazy sized photos. Not quite sure how to fix that.
    Last edited by bdesmarteauej205; 05-05-2017, 06:41 PM.

Comment

• Sad to see the M-Parallels go, but your car still has so much style. Can I ask what tires you were running with them? I'm gonna be picking up a set next week.

Comment

• Yeah i liked them alot. The new ones are cooler though imo lol. Thank you! In the fronts i was running 215/35 Federal 595ss. Rear i ran 213/35 Accelera Sigmas.

Comment

• giant photos are giant

Comment

• I promise ill get better pictures eventually lol. Got the rears on. I had to raise it up a little but to get the tires to clear. Ill have some smaller ones on this weekend, so ill be able to lower it to where i want it. Im pretty happy with them though

Comment

• So i picked up a welded diff online. I had my buddy weld in a couple plates just to be safe. i dont have any photos of that because i always forget to take photos. I got the car on stands and removed the lsd.

After i got the internals out i flipped the case upside down and i heard something fall out. Turns out it was an allen bolt. Theres only one thing that i could think of that uses an allen bolt in an e36 lsd...

I ended up shaking 7 out of the 8 clutch cover bolts and a tooth and a half out of the ring gear. time for a new diff lol.

there was only one bolt holding the cover on, and the cover is actually broken where the one bolt is. How this thing never imploded blows my mind.

I ended up pulling a 3.91 out of a 328 yesterday, took it apart and swapped the welded spool in, cleaned it up, resealed it, and threw it in the car. The 3.91 is it like 3500 rpm going 65mph, so highway driving will be weird. but the only time i drive on highway for an extended period of time is going to events, so ill make it work.

Sorry for the lack of photos with the update. I always forget to take photos cause im just trying to get shit done. Hopefully ill hit some events soon so ill have cool stuff to post.

Comment

• I've wanted an e36 m3 for a while. Sub'd

Comment

• Originally posted by SalsaE30 View Post
                  I've wanted an e36 m3 for a while. Sub'd
                  Would recommend. Theyre really versatile cars.

Comment

• No major updates. I ended up selling the rear model 5's. I really want to find a pair of 18's, so i got rid of them and picked up some battles. these will eventually be used as spares, but im a fan of them

I took a little trip up to Kansas City to hang with some homies and watch some streeting go down. Coming from Wichita where there isnt shit for drifting, KC was a fucking blast.

Aside from wheels, not much has changed. so heres a roller

Comment

• Time for a little update. I picked up a pair of 18" battles, missed having 18's in the rear. I got super lucky with time for my training schedule for work. My last class this summer would put me in Chicago the week prior to Finalbout (RIP). Unfortunately i flew out one day before the event, but i was lucky enough to be able to attend the pre meet at Touge Factory. The Chicago drifting scene is something i really look up to, so seeing all of these cars in front of me was incredible. Heres a little photodump of that. After returinig home, i decided that my shits weak so, i pulled the trigger on the HM Motorsport kit. I just need to get a non M rear bumper then ill put the rear lip on. Im super stoked on this kit. Going drifting next weekend, so im sure ill have updates after that. Ill also try to get better photos in a little bit.

Attached Files
                      Last edited by bdesmarteauej205; 11-05-2017, 10:30 AM.

Comment

• Went drifting last month. Like always, it was a blast. Heres a couple photos. This was my first time with the 3.73 rear end. It took a while to get used to it, but its a nice change. The car performed flawless all day.

The front end has more body roll than id like, so i picked up some 14k Swift springs from a buddy. I also ordered shorter rear cartridges from BC so i can lower the rear to where id like it. The car has wayyy more rake than id like. Hopefully those will be here within the next couple weeks so i can install that stuff and realign the car. Ill be back with photos after thats done.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by bdesmarteauej205; 11-05-2017, 09:52 AM.

Comment

• Cool

needs moar lows

Comment

• Very cool car! Drift missile style I like a lot
                            I see you have bc coilovers, do you mind sharing your wheels sizes/offsets in the front and how much room you have between the rim and the shock's body? Just ordered some 9j18" et22 front rims and I am hoping to have them fit without spacers, since a lot of people told me bc/fortune/megan and all "adjustable" coils are a lot bigger than my usual cheap $h1t and tend to limit wheel clearance.
                            Also how does the car perform in fast straight line with all the negative camber? Is it squirrelly?

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruttolo View Post
                              Very cool car! Drift missile style I like a lot
                              I see you have bc coilovers, do you mind sharing your wheels sizes/offsets in the front and how much room you have between the rim and the shock's body? Just ordered some 9j18" et22 front rims and I am hoping to have them fit without spacers, since a lot of people told me bc/fortune/megan and all "adjustable" coils are a lot bigger than my usual cheap $h1t and tend to limit wheel clearance.
                              Also how does the car perform in fast straight line with all the negative camber? Is it squirrelly?
                              Not sure if id call it a missile, but thank you haha. Sure thing. The fronts are 17x9 +22, then i have a 20mm adapter. The rears are 17x9 +30, then a 15mm adapter. You should be fine as far as clearance between the barrel and coilover. Nah the car drives pretty well in a straight line. As long as the toe and camber is all even its gucci.
                              Last edited by bdesmarteauej205; 11-05-2017, 09:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bdesmarteauej205 View Post
                                Not sure if id call it a missile, but thank you haha. Sure thing. The fronts are 17x9 +22, then i have a 20mm adapter. The rears are 17x9 +30, then a 15mm adapter. You should be fine as far as clearance between the barrel and coilover. Nah the car drives pretty well in a straight line. As long as the toe and camber is all even its gucci.
                                Thanks!

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

Working...
                                X