Sketchy E36 M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FunfGang View Post
    Holy moly, those Kranze's are going to look so good.
    I hope they will look good haha. I don't have any way to test fit them at the moment. I guess we will see in a few months

Comment

So i started to sand and re polish the lips. There were a decent amount of deep scratches that i wanted to get out. Im no professional polisher or anything so they arent going to be perfect, bud id say they are better looking than when i opened them up upon arrival. I still need to sand the outer edge more and go over the lip and try to get some little lines out. Heres a picture to show where im kind of at
      For the bolts im going to clean up and re polish. Nothing crazy. Im just having trouble deciding on a finish for the faces. I was thinking of powder coating them hyper silver and still have the diamond cut on every other spoke if thats possible. Opinions?

Comment

Originally posted by bdesmarteauej205 View Post
        I honestly like the raw metal, but who knows. I may put color on there. Thing getting them powder coated wrinkle black would be neat.
        Wrinkle black would be neat! Even better than stickerbomb
        -Christian.

'91 318iS AW2/blk slow garage queen/build...
        '02 ///M3 carbonschwartz 6MT daily beast
        '37 Chevy pickup-garagequeen...

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
          Wrinkle black would be neat! Even better than stickerbomb
          I think anything is better than sticker bomb lol

Comment

Dude nice build. I've followed your wrx from the beginning.
            My car is stupid
            IG: @notmarshall

Comment

Originally posted by notmarshall View Post
              Dude nice build. I've followed your wrx from the beginning.
              Thanks man. It's the local buds like you that make it possible, bud.

Comment

So i have a little update, nothing crazy. I stopped by a local shop called Autobahn to pick up my parts They always have some cool cars in there
                The pads and rotors were straight forward. They're just brakes lol. They feel nice and are much smoother that what was on the car.

Comment

Every time i look underneath my car i feel bad cause it looks like complete ass. This is why i need to replace my rack lol. Hopefully ill have a new one in a month or so. When i was doing the brakes i checked out the lines because they looked like they have seen better days, and i was right These are in almost as bad of shape as the steering rack. I guess its time for braided lines.

Comment

I also wanted to see if i could locate the loud clunking sound on the passenger side of the car. It would only happen when the car was turning and i was on the brakes. It didnt take long to find. This id the joint that is in the middle of the control arm and it bolts to the subframe. The ball part is moving inside of the control arm.. so looks like the car is getting control arms too

Comment

No real updates. I ordered new control arms with new joints, bushings, and tie rods. Ill take photos of putting those on. Ive been working on trying to finish the Weds as well. Heres a little comparison of how i got them and how they are now
                      Sorry those photos kinda suck. The machined spokes look much better than they used to! Now i just gotta figure out what to do about the chrome part. Im also having issues deciding on ordering another pair of wheels versus coilovers..decisions decisions

Comment

Yessss Kansas! Stoked to see where your build goes homie!
                        Instagram: @lucas_schaller

Comment

Originally posted by R@36 View Post
                          Yessss Kansas! Stoked to see where your build goes homie!
                          Thanks bud! Same goes to you! Im excited to see what you do next!

Comment

Sub'd b/c your subi gives me confidence that you'll deliver.

Comment

Originally posted by DUTCHswift View Post
                              Sub'd b/c your subi gives me confidence that you'll deliver.
                              Haha thanks man! means alot. I hope than i can keep the updated coming during the winter. Kansas winters tend to be pretty shitty. Not looking forward to driving this in the snow.

Comment

Got some new parts in. My control arms with new joints, tie rods, and bushings came in. Hopefully i can put them in this weekend. I ordered front brake lines, they should be here friday.
                                I dont think ive posted these yet, but here are the Dunlops. They all have about 7/32 tread, so i should be set.

Comment

Working...
                                X