No announcement yet.

Sketchy E36 M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lots of new stuff, looking good. Def take that break from the car though lol.

Comment

• allllllllrighty. long story short, i got the y pipe put in, and the rest of the exhaust was picked, and i made it even worse. so i bit the bullet and had a full system built at under pressure in tacoma. this exhaust is a work of art imo and is too nice to be on a car like this, but oh well. heres some photos my friend sam took of the process

ended up doing 2 events in november, which was really cool. car did great and basically had no problems. planning on driving at the end of the month, then its probably time to refresh and change some stuff on the car

thats all i have for now. maybe another update soon?

Comment

• ahh new exhaust. looks so good man.

Comment

• Alrighty picking up where i left off i think. I haven't had any aero on the rear of the car since the hm kit. I ended up snagging a acs rep rear valance from evan brown. I've wanted a real one for a long time, but they're super hard to find and when i did find one, people were asking crackhead prices. plus i didnt feel bad about cutting this one up. so i got that painted and thrown on.

i finally ditched the corbeau passenger seat. that thing held terribly and was just not cool at all, so i picked up a pretty clean brix to complete one of my favorite seat combos. wish i had one for a driver seat too cause this shit mad comfy

earlier this year when i put a new trans in the car, i bought one that had the 5th gear lean and would not self center, grinded going into 3rd, and all that good stuff. so i pulled the trans AGAIN to replace the detents.

the 5th gear lean is caused bu the 5th gear detent being seized into the bushing. this was an absolute nightmare to get out. this shit took probably 5 hours for me to finally get out. i broke it out in pieces before using a drill bit that caught the edges hard enough to break it free.

then for the bushing, long story short i knocked it into the trans case. at this point i was just preparing to buy a new trans after this one blew up on the way home. i reinstalled everything and ran the car on the lift to try and flush as much of the metal shavings out that i could. after the first flush i looked in the drain hole and somehow the giant bushing was within reach, so i was able to fish it out with a magnet.

I've flushed the trans about 5 times now and have done one event since then. luckily no issues with the trans.

thats pretty much it for now. i bought something that should be cool and actually worth reading. driving at the end of the month, then ill dive into that. does anyone even still look at this stuff?

Comment

• Very few people I believe but updates are still worth it !

Comment

Working...
            X