No announcement yet.

Sketchy E36 M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I decided to get a Mechanical Autometer Temp Gauge. I didnt want to mess with too much of the wiring, and mechanical gauges are usually a straight forward install. I got a little adapter(Autometer) that you basically splice into your radiator hose. Its pretty nifty
    . As far as gauge location i know i didnt want A-pillar gauges, and i didnt want to lose one of my vents, so i ordered a pod that replaces the sunglasses holder. I think itll look pretty slick. When i ordered it i didnt realize that they are made to order, so itll be like a month before its here. I didnt want to run without a gauge for that long, so i said fuck it and made it fit into the existing one until the actual pod gets here. It feels good to have a working gauge now. I never realized that water temps readings fluctuated like they do, i thought that was kinda cool lol.
    Last edited by bdesmarteauej205; 10-13-2015, 09:48 PM. Reason: new photo

Comment

So i had been thinking about wheels for a little while, not sure if i was going to lower the car alot, or keep it mild and functional. I decided to do both i guess. i bought a set of Dunlop Dierzza Starspecs for a good price that i can use with stock wheels. ill just use these for autocross next year and hopefully a track day or two. Then for daily i wanted a street style kind of thing going on. Something that looks good, but is still fun to drive and not too aggressive. So i started looking around to see what was out there and i found these for cheaaaaap.
      Yes i have the full wheels, just taken apart for refinishing. the clear on them is rekt and the faces need to be redone. If anyone has suggestions on what finish to go with im all ears. I still need another pair of wheels to get for the car. Im leaning towards cerebus 2's. I think those would be cool. I still need to get coilovers and adapters, so it will realistically be months till the car is lower.

Comment

In the meantime of getting the fancy wheels on, i decited to respray the DS2''s silver because i think black wheels are awful. just not my thing. Since these wheels are going to be future track wheels i wasnt super worried about how well they came out. Im not that great at rattle canning stuff lol. I dont think they came out too bad considering that these wheels are beat to shit lol.
        This is the end result. it looks soooo much better to me in IMO. i actually like looking at it now haha

Comment

Thank you! Very much appreciated
          The cars is cool

Comment

cars looking god man, excited for the wheels. some fresh on this chassis
            IG: Dimitriantoniou
            1997 bmw 328i vert: sold:http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=55235
            1997 bmw 328is: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69857

Comment

Props for saving that thing! The silver DSII's look much better, looks like they are even square 8.5's from the pics.

@projects_always

Comment

Originally posted by meech View Post
                cars looking god man, excited for the wheels. some fresh on this chassis
                Thanks man! I'm a big fan of your car. I am too. I don't think I've ever seen vishunus on an e36 before

Comment

Originally posted by cblock406 View Post
                  Props for saving that thing! The silver DSII's look much better, looks like they are even square 8.5's from the pics.
                  Thanks! It'll be nice not driving a hoopty m3 lol. Yep they're all 8.5"

Comment

This pretty much brings the car up to date at the moment, still waiting on some parts. I ordered new pads and rotors, hopefully ill have those in by the weekend. Next i think ill do front control arms, control arm bushings, tie rods, endlinks, ball joints, and a new front top hat cause one of the studs is broken. Ill update the thread as i go

Comment

Huge improvement already!! Silver wheels for the win! Those door panels look like they're begging for a stickerbomb or something though...
                      -Christian.

'91 318iS AW2/blk slow garage queen/build...
                      '02 ///M3 carbonschwartz 6MT daily beast
                      '37 Chevy pickup-garagequeen...

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
                        Huge improvement already!! Silver wheels for the win! Those door panels look like they're begging for a stickerbomb or something though...
                        Thank you! Silver is the best lol. I honestly like the raw metal, but who knows. I may put color on there. Thing getting them powder coated wrinkle black would be neat. Im gonna pass on the sticker bomb thing haha, but that doesnt mean i dont have a little sticker stash started

Comment

i have that same gas like krobath sticker lol

Comment

This thing was pretty sketch when you bought it, but you're definitely bringing it back to life!
                            Originally posted by cobrawannabe
                            More lotion.

My build thread

Instagram: Franswishaaa

Comment

Holy moly, those Kranze's are going to look so good.

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

Originally posted by siopaolover View Post
                                This thing was pretty sketch when you bought it, but you're definitely bringing it back to life!
                                I appreciate the kind words! I'm trying haha. I'm hoping to do bushings after winter and also get some body and paint work done.

Comment

Working...
                                X