Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sketchy E36 M3

Default Sketchy E36 M3

Hey everyone. I got a new car, so i decided to make a thread to keep yall up to date on it. I sold my WRX not to long ago and decided to buy an m3. Heres my old Subaru.

After the Subaru i picked up a 1995 cosmos M3 for a pretty decent price, but it is a little rough around the edges. IT is missing some of the body moulding, body damage, faded paint, rekt seats, and some of the shittiest electrical work ive ever seen. the suspension on it is pretty shot and when i apply the brakes the car almost shakes apart, and the throttle has gotten stuck open numerous times. So this will be good lol. The exterior changes have been minimal so far, most of the stuff ive done so far is interior, service work, and fixing stuff from the P/O.
    This is the exterior as of last week. Like i said, not much has changed. I replaced the corner lights and replaced the missing side moulding.

The first thing i did when i got the car was get a new bumper. the old one was broken in 2 places and was held together with a door hinge and multiple 3" deck screws. and the old bumper wasnt even the same shade of black. it was awful
    Heres a photo with the new bumper on. It looks so much better than it did.

Now that i was some what content with the outside for now, It was time for some interior work. First thing to go was the wheel. I think its an M tech wheel?
    Anyways, the wheel was super gross and your hands would stick to it on a hot day. It was kinda gross.. so i bought a Sparco hub and swapped my wheel over from the Subaru.

subscribed! that WRX was sweet and cant wait to see what happens with the bimmer!!!

I dont have any pictures of these, but the door cards were held in with multiple deck screws and were falling apart. I didnt want to pay over 300 bucks for used door cards that would probably fall apart in a couple years, so i bought some Harrison Motorsports aluminum door cards.
    These things are pretty cool. the finish is pretty nice and they fit pretty good for being just a sheet of aluminum.
    After the door cards it was time to address the seats. the vaders in the car were absolutly trashed. the leather was awful and there were TV's in the headrests.
    I know i wanted aftermarket seats, so brackets were the first thing i ordered. I picked up a pair of the NRG brackets.

I guess i got lucky with time. because my coworker was selling his Sparco R100's out of his E30 M3. So i picked these up for a damn good deal and put them in the car.
    Heres a shot of the interior when i got the car
    and after i put the interior parts in
    Its nothing crazy, but id say its an improvement
    Last edited by bdesmarteauej205; 10-13-2015 at 05:45 PM.

Thank you! I miss it everyday haha, but onto new things!

Hell yeah. **** e36 door panels. love the replacement with the metal panels.

instagram-brandonmckiernannn

I'm loving where this is headed!

Thank you! Very much appreciated

are you dailying this?

It was time for some interior work.
    Looks cool

Yeah its my only car

Looking to see where this goes!

Instagram - @choadyhighroller
    Quote Originally Posted by nickskater09 View Post
    I think Jody, along with Ashton, like to push the line between "street legal" and "realistically driveable".

One day i was driving home and my car started to make a strange sound. almost like a bearing on one of the pullies went bad, so i pulled over and checked it out. The entire water pump pulley assembly was wiggling together, rip waterpump. So i got to spend my afternoon changing my waterpump in a Mattress Hub parking lot with 100+ degree heat.
    the car was running decent after the waterpump change, But i still didnt have a working temp gauge, which is pretty sketchy, so i addressed that next.

I decided to get a Mechanical Autometer Temp Gauge. I didnt want to mess with too much of the wiring, and mechanical gauges are usually a straight forward install. I got a little adapter(Autometer) that you basically splice into your radiator hose. Its pretty nifty
    . As far as gauge location i know i didnt want A-pillar gauges, and i didnt want to lose one of my vents, so i ordered a pod that replaces the sunglasses holder. I think itll look pretty slick. When i ordered it i didnt realize that they are made to order, so itll be like a month before its here. I didnt want to run without a gauge for that long, so i said fuck it and made it fit into the existing one until the actual pod gets here. It feels good to have a working gauge now. I never realized that water temps readings fluctuated like they do, i thought that was kinda cool lol.
    Last edited by bdesmarteauej205; 10-13-2015 at 09:48 PM. Reason: new photo

So i had been thinking about wheels for a little while, not sure if i was going to lower the car alot, or keep it mild and functional. I decided to do both i guess. i bought a set of Dunlop Dierzza Starspecs for a good price that i can use with stock wheels. ill just use these for autocross next year and hopefully a track day or two. Then for daily i wanted a street style kind of thing going on. Something that looks good, but is still fun to drive and not too aggressive. So i started looking around to see what was out there and i found these for cheaaaaap.
    Yes i have the full wheels, just taken apart for refinishing. the clear on them is rekt and the faces need to be redone. If anyone has suggestions on what finish to go with im all ears. I still need another pair of wheels to get for the car. Im leaning towards cerebus 2's. I think those would be cool. I still need to get coilovers and adapters, so it will realistically be months till the car is lower.

In the meantime of getting the fancy wheels on, i decited to respray the DS2''s silver because i think black wheels are awful. just not my thing. Since these wheels are going to be future track wheels i wasnt super worried about how well they came out. Im not that great at rattle canning stuff lol. I dont think they came out too bad considering that these wheels are beat to shit lol.
    This is the end result. it looks soooo much better to me in IMO. i actually like looking at it now haha

Thank you! Very much appreciated
    The cars is cool

cars looking god man, excited for the wheels. some fresh on this chassis
    IG: Dimitriantoniou
    1997 bmw 328i vert: sold:http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=55235
    1997 bmw 328is: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69857

Props for saving that thing! The silver DSII's look much better, looks like they are even square 8.5's from the pics.

@projects_always

Quote Originally Posted by meech View Post
    cars looking god man, excited for the wheels. some fresh on this chassis
    Thanks man! I'm a big fan of your car. I am too. I don't think I've ever seen vishunus on an e36 before

Quote Originally Posted by cblock406 View Post
    Props for saving that thing! The silver DSII's look much better, looks like they are even square 8.5's from the pics.
    Thanks! It'll be nice not driving a hoopty m3 lol. Yep they're all 8.5"

This pretty much brings the car up to date at the moment, still waiting on some parts. I ordered new pads and rotors, hopefully ill have those in by the weekend. Next i think ill do front control arms, control arm bushings, tie rods, endlinks, ball joints, and a new front top hat cause one of the studs is broken. Ill update the thread as i go

Huge improvement already!! Silver wheels for the win! Those door panels look like they're begging for a stickerbomb or something though...
    -Christian.

'91 318iS AW2/blk slow garage queen/build...
    '02 ///M3 carbonschwartz 6MT daily beast
    '37 Chevy pickup-garagequeen...