Sketchy E36 M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sketchy E36 M3

Hey everyone. I got a new car, so i decided to make a thread to keep yall up to date on it. I sold my WRX not to long ago and decided to buy an m3. Heres my old Subaru.

After the Subaru i picked up a 1995 cosmos M3 for a pretty decent price, but it is a little rough around the edges. IT is missing some of the body moulding, body damage, faded paint, rekt seats, and some of the shittiest electrical work ive ever seen. the suspension on it is pretty shot and when i apply the brakes the car almost shakes apart, and the throttle has gotten stuck open numerous times. So this will be good lol. The exterior changes have been minimal so far, most of the stuff ive done so far is interior, service work, and fixing stuff from the P/O.
    This is the exterior as of last week. Like i said, not much has changed. I replaced the corner lights and replaced the missing side moulding.

The first thing i did when i got the car was get a new bumper. the old one was broken in 2 places and was held together with a door hinge and multiple 3" deck screws. and the old bumper wasnt even the same shade of black. it was awful
    Heres a photo with the new bumper on. It looks so much better than it did.

Comment

Now that i was some what content with the outside for now, It was time for some interior work. First thing to go was the wheel. I think its an M tech wheel?
      Anyways, the wheel was super gross and your hands would stick to it on a hot day. It was kinda gross.. so i bought a Sparco hub and swapped my wheel over from the Subaru.

Comment

subscribed! that WRX was sweet and cant wait to see what happens with the bimmer!!!

Comment

I dont have any pictures of these, but the door cards were held in with multiple deck screws and were falling apart. I didnt want to pay over 300 bucks for used door cards that would probably fall apart in a couple years, so i bought some Harrison Motorsports aluminum door cards.
          These things are pretty cool. the finish is pretty nice and they fit pretty good for being just a sheet of aluminum.
          After the door cards it was time to address the seats. the vaders in the car were absolutly trashed. the leather was awful and there were TV's in the headrests.
          I know i wanted aftermarket seats, so brackets were the first thing i ordered. I picked up a pair of the NRG brackets.

Comment

I guess i got lucky with time. because my coworker was selling his Sparco R100's out of his E30 M3. So i picked these up for a damn good deal and put them in the car.
            Heres a shot of the interior when i got the car
            and after i put the interior parts in
            Its nothing crazy, but id say its an improvement
            Last edited by bdesmarteauej205; 10-13-2015, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Thank you! I miss it everyday haha, but onto new things!

Comment

Hell yeah. **** e36 door panels. love the replacement with the metal panels.

instagram-brandonmckiernannn

Comment

I'm loving where this is headed!
                  [CENTER][url=http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66924][color=red]e28 build thread[/color] [/url]
                  [img]http://i.imgur.com/hNTlNvf.jpg?2[/img]
                  Instagram: [url=https://instagram.com/divingboardlord/][color=red]@divingboardlord[/color][/url][/CENTER]

Comment

Thank you! Very much appreciated

Comment

are you dailying this?

Comment

It was time for some interior work.
                        Looks cool

Comment

Yeah its my only car

Comment

Looking to see where this goes!

Instagram - @choadyhighroller
                            Originally posted by nickskater09
                            I think Jody, along with Ashton, like to push the line between "street legal" and "realistically driveable".

Comment

One day i was driving home and my car started to make a strange sound. almost like a bearing on one of the pullies went bad, so i pulled over and checked it out. The entire water pump pulley assembly was wiggling together, rip waterpump. So i got to spend my afternoon changing my waterpump in a Mattress Hub parking lot with 100+ degree heat.
                              the car was running decent after the waterpump change, But i still didnt have a working temp gauge, which is pretty sketchy, so i addressed that next.

Comment

Working...
                              X