• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thing is the tits

Comment

drooool!

Comment

Well, I`m lazy and I stopped posting anything in here. I apologize for it gents.
        I know, not many people care about me being sorry yet I am.
        So, since I`m Ukrainian who used to use russian automotive network with some sort of a diary it was quite hard to use both.
        Since russia not a friend of mine neither of my family I`ve deleted my profile over there (with all the pics so the links are now broken) and decided to update this thread.
        A lot of time passed since my last update and much happened to the car yet I`ll start over and try to catch up with nowadays.
        So got this car in December of 2014 and I still have her.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...0371fd2c_h.jpg
        She is a proper garage queen. And not because I love her too much (which I do) or using her as an investment, no. It`s just me doing everything slowly with f..ck ups etc.

I promise you, she is VERY different now from what you might remember (you don`t) or what I`ll show now.
        The difference in exterior, interior, engine etc. You will witness all 7+ years of building destroying this car in a... well month or 2.
        Shall we start again?

Being on stanceworks.com and being a stance guy the first thing I had to do is make her lower.
        aircooled 911 before 964 had torsion bars instead of springs and the road height could adjust. If not all the way down by simple adjustments but using re-index of torsion bars (rotate the bar). The front end I`ve manage to make low enough (never enough) with simple bolt, rear end went a bit harder yet manageable and since then it stays low enough (never enough right?)

Right after it I had to try on my back then new set of ABT A10 wheels with a lot of spacers and adapters

So, the next step would be to get some proper sized wheels?
        be fivepointfive

Comment

I've never really been a Porsche guy but man, this thing is SICK. Great look with the ABTs! You dont see these everyday, especially on a Porsche. I've had a set of these myself and if I remeber correctly, they are all 2pc? I'd keep the wheels and go for a 3 piece conversion in order to make em wider and get rid of the spacers. Current look and stance are sweet.

What about the right headlight tho? Seems not to fit or close properly.
          Tut DAS denn Not, dass der Karren so tief is?

Comment

Cheers mate, but that was about 7 years or so ago, she doesn`t look like it anymore )
            As far as I remember - the wheels were 3pcs, had them for my old Passat B5 but by the time the wheels arrived the car was gone so had to try them on 911
            be fivepointfive

Comment

dude those wheels are clean! slantnose for the win!

Instagram: @half_lung

Comment

Originally posted by Cheshire Cat View Post

This is so good! Love it

Originally posted by Cheshire Cat View Post
                So, since I`m Ukrainian who used to use russian automotive network with some sort of a diary it was quite hard to use both.
                Since russia not a friend of mine neither of my family

I hope you are safe and well!
                Originally posted by aLaFleur

I've decided the best way to deal with rust is to just embrace it.

Comment

Originally posted by scweet14 View Post
                  dude those wheels are clean! slantnose for the win!
                  Cheers mate, not a slant any more
                  be fivepointfive

Comment

Originally posted by Yezzz View Post
                    This is so good! Love it

I hope you are safe and well!
                    I live in Australia for over 12 years by now, but my parents are still in Ukraine in an occupied city, so for the time being they are ok, but everything could go wrong any minute.
                    be fivepointfive

Comment

Ok, sorry for multiply posts, didn`t use forums for some time...
                      Anyway, I`ve decided not to use ABTs with 55mm of spacers+adapters and ordered a brand new set of wheels from Work - Meisters M13P 10&12x18 with negative offsets

And while the order was processed I went with another major thing - conversion back to the original look of 911.

It wasn`t quick or very straight forward, but I sorta managed
                      be fivepointfive

Comment

Props to returning to your build thread after 6 years lol. Your car looks pretty dope!

Comment

Originally posted by darth_thanos View Post
                          Props to returning to your build thread after 6 years lol. Your car looks pretty dope!
                          haha I know right! Cheers mate )

Anyhow, the conversion "kit" is:
                          front quarter panels, front and rear bumper bars, side skirts aka rocker covers. Since I didn`t have original headlights had to make a pair myself. Using HID`s and clear glass and other stuff.

Maine goal was (is) to go lightweight. As much as I can without using roll cage (so, no fg or cf doors)
                          be fivepointfive

Comment

I see some meisters on there

Glad to see you still have this and are working on it. I love a slantnose but props to putting it back to the original look.
                            Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
                              I see some meisters on there

Glad to see you still have this and are working on it. I love a slantnose but props to putting it back to the original look.
                              Cheers mate, seems like I`ve done everything to make her unsellable

So, where my party people at? It`s a rhetorical question, you`re all watching Mike`s lawn mover build aka Ferrari 308 (should be 244T now) Honda K whatever swap)
                              here is my first photoshoot after the re-conversion

be fivepointfive

Comment

Damn it all, that is perfection.

Comment

Working...
                                X