90 ef hatch Dx "To the Ground Alice"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mark you gotta update this for me
    Some people will never understand it, why we do what we do.
    The busted knuckles and the late nights in the garage;
    it's more than a hobby or pastime, it's a lifestyle. We live it."

Instagram: @Stance_God
    My 93' EG Sedan Build ( Daily )
    My FC3S RX-7 Build

Comment

and these xxr 002 16x8 ) et 195/45 for $35
      Wait seriously??? $35?

My FC3S RX-7 Build

Comment

Nice work especially for the price!
        sigpic
        Follow Me on TikTok & IG: Eric_Thiergood

Comment

So i sold the ef

so i may have sold the ef... it looked really good to a bunch of people and basically caused a bidding war for it and poof. gone

just kidding, ive kept it and just been driving it as much as possible while trying to improve it

where to begin

last time we talked thats how the ef looked. tried trading those 16 inch xxr 527 with new tires, youd think everyone would be all over them

well i guess not alot of people wanna trade their great fitting 15s for 16s. didnt wanna get rid of them bc im only in the wheels for under $300. so what do i do... i bought another pair of rims bc it was an amazing deal

bought these discontinued rims off some kid who blew up his da teg for $200. this pictured wheel had a big old bend in it and he was still driving on it which caused him to blow his tire. brought them home took off the tire and fixed the bend with a hammer and a torch. however it left this brown distortion color to the rim where the bend was.

only reason i wanted these rims because they were staggered

16x7.5 30et in the front
          16x9.5 20 et in the back

forget the name for them. but after buying a new tire only in these rims for $250.

from the same kid i picked all this up for $150

ebay sleves with coils which i can always slap on some random car for easy lowering and
          brand new speedyracer coilovers for ef/da. brand new the coilovers alone are $350 so thats a win

same kid i bought this brand skunk 2 shift knob for $20 new is $60

same kid bought this shitty ebay wheel and adapter for $20.

its ok i guess

picked up these K sport coilovers for $150 for ef/crx

dirty as all hell

only reason i picked these up was because a guy was parting out my old b16 crx and these coilovers rode nice in the past.

so i just took them completely apart. the coils were all rusted stuck.

used every method trying to break them loose. in the end i took a dremel and cut the spinners/spanners and they broke free.

so you'd think now that i have two one piece sets of coil overs i'd use a set on my ef?

yah no

ill save those nice coil overs for future builds or sell them for 3x what i paid for them

instead i bought these custom 6 inch springs for $50 a pair off ebay

so $100 for 4. rears are 10k fronts are 8

they are made by a company called stance springs and they ride way better then what i was rocking before

also got extended tops hats all 4 for $70

in the end i have a low affortable coil over setup for my beater

only put the adjusting coil on the rear struts. probably take them off in the future

bought these mk3 flares off ebay for like $50 just to help hide all the weird metal work the previous owner did to the ef

fronts look weird bc of all the pulling... but they were rusted pieces of crap in the beginning

removed the rear bumper support because it was rusted all the way through so atm yes my rear bumper is being held by zip ties. will make figure something out to get rid of the bumper sag so it looks flush

and i install those "jdm" rear fog lights on the bumper. look really great at night but no pics of it lol

this is how it currently sits. I dont like it because its still on 16s. but new fenders need to get a new hood soon as well

the suspension is perfect for what i want. its just that the car is sitting an inch higher then it should because its on 16s instead of 15s.

now i did buy a set of 15x9 diamonds for $200 but the stupid fuck i called my friend still has gotten me the 4th rim even after waiting for like 5 months. he promised he would never fuck me over and i didnt want to buy a incomplete set of rims because i knew this would happen. so past mark i kinda want to punch you.

i also grabbed these salad shooters 16x8.5 front
          rear 16x9.5
          for $150

dont know what im gonna do with them. just cant resist a good deal

Comment

Car for sure looked best on those 15" steelies trade your million sets of wheels to your brother to get them back.
            Originally posted by s t a y g o l d
            and don't trash talk people, that's for hos at the club.
            S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

Idk why I like this thing but I do, could use a little fiddling but damn is it cool lol

Comment

Damn, that's one hell of an update. I love the new silver 16's! Why don't you send those Speedyracer coils this way?

My FC3S RX-7 Build

Comment

I like this. I like this a lot.
                  stanceworks: I don't really fit in.

Comment

Now I've questioned about updating this just because its been a very long time... however ever tinker/builder knows that the builds always continue. Now this rust bucket of a Ef std hatch was quite reliable for me. It was my daily driver for a period of time and I honestly loved it even though most people who read this thread never appreciated it.

But

Here we are again. Now I quickly noticed at my shitty townhouse that my old next door neighbors ***** me and my activities so I stopped messing with my cars to avoid arguments. Needless to say the arguments continued and I was harassed everyday of my life. So the cars sat and sat for a few years being driven every once in a while not having any progress made on them. Until my brothers and I bought a house... with a long driveway, 2 car garage in the middle of nowhere. It was perfection to be left alone and to build whatever we wanted.

Last edited by Grimoire Greens; 05-01-2019, 07:32 PM.

Comment

the beauty of a garage

Comment

but before I moved out pimped out the interior

yeah I loved how it turned out. just took some time and $100 worth of fabric. The only problem was the interior was awesome and exterior was still shit

So I cut out those horrible bacon fenders on the rear, rebuilt the rockers and nameless other parts with fiberglass. and molded the trim pieces. I'm sure people will either like this or dislike but its the direction I choose to persue

already at this point the car was a lot cleaner than before. Please look at the first pictures of this care and compare. I knew this car would never be perfect but it could always be perfect for me

anyways I decided it paint it in my garage (about the 4th care ive painted) using a $50 21 gallon aircompressor I bought off of facebook marketplace that I rebuilt and devilbis hvlp starling line paint guvs

Car looked pretty good but I was not happy with my body work shaving the mouldings. you could see waves from the high and lows spots so I did it again

sanded down the whole car

added this kick ass wing

painted the vw steelies this awesome pink flake and reworked the shaved mouldings. I honestly have over 100 hours into body work easily on this car. But hey ive got nothing but time

taped it all up for primer again

here's me wanting to murder myself because I'm tired of sanding

had to wait an entire winter to repaint because it was too cold and didn't want to paint it a third time so I decided to upgrade other things

added a $30 eg subframe brace by drilling out the holes. I know it doesn't do anything but I liked how it looked. Also added new rear lower control arms because it shows I care

car also finally got real suspension, actual one piece coilovers all around and MPC dropp forks for the front

Car primered all up and touching up again low spots

Now I forgot to mention the cars ive painted have always used metal flake. This car was painted using
                        $60 high build primer
                        $60 2k clear coat
                        $140 single stage root beer brown
                        $10 gold holographic .15 metal flake

so what do you think? anyone impressed to know that old rusted car was never abandoned and has always been with me? a lot of people on this thread replace cars ever season. I wanna drive something until it dies beyond repair.

well I wetsanded and buffed the car it came out fantastic

Car is still not perfect. Id say compared to my expectations I'm at 92% of what I wanted. But again this car was so far gone and I can only do so much. Still haven't gotten a crazy pic of it in the sun but still building. I've replaced all the suspension, new cv joints, new alternator, new battery, new brake systems, new brake master cylinder

still wanna buy my nrg fixed bucket seats and just drive it everywhere like I use too.

Maybe one day I'll hit those doors again because they are still not 100% and that's the only part of the car that still bothers me but again the build will continue.

Comment

Love that brown paint, If you ever redo your interior I feel like a tan or a brown leather would be sick. Don't think I'll ever get tired of seeing old civics getting built.
                          E34 build thread link
                          http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...42#post1613542

Follow me on insta
                          e_dirty_4

Comment

Love seeing abandoned cars getting love. And its always nice to see new paint. I'll be watching this, carry on. Any way to close the gap on front driver fender and driver door?

Comment

That color is amazing.

I do think that panel between the tail lights should be black..

Comment

I really like that color. Really impressive compared to what it originally looked like. I agree the panel between the lights would look good black

Comment

Working...
                                X