90 ef hatch Dx "To the Ground Alice"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90 ef hatch Dx "To the Ground Alice"

Alright guys, i'm always around consistently building something or multiple cars at a time. My name is Mark

Any who's recently 6 weeks ago i had a car stolen, it was my 93 lx eg sedan which was my beater. I loved it, had less then $1000 dollars into it including the price of the car and it was a great car.

must have looked great to the fuck who stole it but its gone and not coming back. pic for reference and memory

but since it was gone of course i had a hole in my chest to fill...

the need for a ratchet ass cheap car that drags frame and makes vw kids cringe.

There are 2 kinds of builds. #1 where you throw money into a build or #2 be creative and build.

This is a #2 kind of build just saying for everyone who plans on flamming me

so i bought this 90 dx hatch for $700

I DO NOT KNOW WHY THE PREVIOUS OWN RIVETED SHEETS OF METAL OVER THE RUST. YOU WILL NOTICE THEM. THAT WAS NOT ME BUT ARE GONNA STAY BECAUSE IT ADDS SHITTY AMOUNTS OF CHARACTER.

only reason i wanted it was its Nice Mint Brown Leather interior

so nice

seriously though, my ex girlfriend tried buying this car frantically about a year ago while we were dating but sold the night we were gonna check it out. shes a slut i dumped her and bought the car out of spite when i saw it again on the market.

moving on, had a hunting idle because its missing a part or valve. adjusted the throttle cable boom its gone

next suspension. needed it low

i took out the stockies

^ewwww nasty. like good god

so i threw on some aftermarket springs i had lying around

Rears

and slapped them in. Boooooomm Poooooow

wasn't enough so i swapped the front stockies with after market springs. To go even more totally bad ass i even cut the springs

ended up cutting 2 coils off every spring which equaled 2 inches give or take extra

the skeletons left over

omg its low

everyone say hi to the red beauty in front. Thats Alice my Bae. The car i through money at and buy quality parts for.

yeah i know the ef is still not a looker

then bought these oem honda wheels for $100 bc i thought i was gonna go with an oem look

that idea lasted like a day tops before i was like nawh lets fuckin stance the piece

But as any of you honda kids know lowering your honda on its stock 20+ year suspension only amounts to one thing....

BOUNCY AS FUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKK

not to mention i also cut the springs so car did not ride so good. Boom needed to upgrade the shocks before i moved forward

EBAY was the answer

I found these for $180 shipped to my door step. Truhart aftermarket lowering shocks. The description insured me that they are sturdy and allow more travel to prevent bouncing and a more efficient ride for a lowered turd. It also mentioned they they are an inch shorter then stock which means....

MoAR LooWssss

they looked on Woooooo Hooooo

Pic in the car. Didnt feel the need to show the steps for swapping suspension because we all professionals

Booom got them in

car iz low

Also threw on so rims because everyone knows rims make a car go from 0 (Turd) < 100 (On point) real quick

My twin ian bought some vw widen steelies for like $400 but he has no car to put them on. bought them to put on his future del slow

so until then he said i could rock them so why not

15x8 165/45 front
    15x9 185/55 backs says 35 et on faces but who knows

But you will notice in the pic above there is a problem.... car is low. rear tire is really fat.

cars quarter panel is now resting on said fat wheel.

car can't move like this

sooooooooo what do we do..... dang if only there was a way to fix this cheaply and fast.

Oh, i know.... NEGATIVE CAMBER BOOOOOM! GENIUS

Just so happens i had an aftermarket rear camber adjustment thingy just sitting around. Because i seriously hoard parts, wheels , and cars. Like omg i have issues

and these aren't even stock. Well of course they are the cheap ebay ones you can buy for $15 doll hairs shipped to your door. But these i had already removed the locking nut and cut in order for moar degree's of negative camber.

Before

After

OMG MY WHEELS ARE CROOKED

but that fitment is nice!

yeah that tire patch is nice. Not as crazy like my eg hatch but still nice

getting more appealing towards the eyes

but it wasn't enough. i stilled had so many parts lying around. SO i threw on a roof rack and basket from my old crx.

and on these ef chasis... the best lip you can buy is also one of the cheapest.

THE VR6 lip for $30 beats paying $100 for a lip made specifically for the ef/crx.

damn whooooooo hoooooo car is easy on the eyes almost

SO then i did my famous road safety test in which i ether pass my car or fail it based on its performance.

The test basically involves driving to the car wash

So yeah it made it and passed!

Now the car does not ride like shit at all. it rides rather well for the little money thrown into it . Only have $700 for the car & $180 for the struts. less then $1000 and the car drags exhaust and frame. more importantly... I LOVE IT for what it is

grabbed winter wheels bc i like hoarding wheels and parts.

got these xxr 527 16x8.25 0 ET 195/45 for $250

and these xxr 002 16x8 ) et 195/45 for $35

So guys this is what i accomplished in less than a month for less then $1000

much more to come im sure. but this is basically my 90 ef dx

Sick my friend

Comment

Less rear camber and less roof rack. Car looks better without them, even if it does cost you some scene points.

Comment

updates

the vw wheels were loaners so I slapped my xxr 527s on but 16s are too big for efs... need to trade them for 15's asap lol

Tucking those 16's though

but since then ive just been driving it alot.

Oh i made side skirts for it for $10

more updates to come

Comment

rear spacer or rear less camber

Comment

Less camber on the rear and I'd actually really dig it, and I'm usually not too big on hondas.
            SAAB 900 T16s

Comment

Originally posted by Dremetos View Post
              If I had to find something that would be it.

But I like where this is going!! Good job so far.

How do you fare with cops attention? I swear your car wouldn't last a day here with this much camber lol. And you have 3 of them parked in front of your house.
              Ruining cars since 2006 yo

Comment

Originally posted by Grimoire Greens View Post
                seriously though, my ex girlfriend tried buying this car frantically about a year ago while we were dating but sold the night we were gonna check it out. shes a slut i dumped her and bought the car out of spite when i saw it again on the market.
                hahahahahahahaha

@fackinsteve ; fackin build thread :
                http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ill-build-E36s

Comment

Duuuude...... gold wheels are win.

Comment

Originally posted by Dremetos View Post
                    This, otherwise good job.

@projects_always

Comment

rad dude! shouty from reisterstown!

follow the squad!

Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC91K2XpPO1ljzJHnPigT7OA
                      Instagram: : https://instagram.com/ihate0sc/

Comment

I love this and the eg but what can you say I'm biased. Spacers are a must the camber is perfect
                        The Calm Before the Storm
                        My db7 Daily Whip Build
                        @PennyBoi

Comment

This thing is a pos but I kind of get it

That still just leaves it as a pos that I get though

Comment

Why so much camber with pulled quarters?
                            Last edited by SoLOwX3; 10-31-2015, 11:35 PM.

Comment

P.s. if you need drop forks done... My buddy and I do them on the side... have many successful sets being daily driven on, can do anywhere from 1-2" for cheaper than you can find online. I don't mean to be a self-upselling douche, but I feel if you're going to try to go real low you'll need a set lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X