No announcement yet.

W201 lows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They sell Ford Rangers Down Under, don't they?

93-00 2wd Ranger front shocks appear to fit in the rear as well, and are shorter than de saab units.
    Lucas
    Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
    Originally posted by LCG
    High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocambolesque View Post
      I used to think Bilsteins were waaay too overpriced until I bought a set for the W201. I put those on with Eibachs and the handling is now amazing. The little Benz corners flat, very quick on its feet (you need that with the 2.3 haha)! The ride is not as plush as it used to be, but it's still very comfortable. I wanted to try the E36 coils thing before, but then I remembered the rough, bumpy ride of Rokkors in my buddy's Mk4 as well as the bone-shattering ride of the Racelands in my own mk2 and told myself that this time around I'd do it right.
      so you would recommend the Eibachs? I need to find the shortest shock I can for both front and back and I'm going air very soon. I've picked up bags, brackets, a tank, compressors and some braided lines - I'm also struggling to find R129 strut top mounts which is obviously a downside of living in Australia haha. the rear is obvious with the Saab 900 shock, however the front I am unsure about. There's a suspension shop near me that can find something the same but shorter but then my car is out of use for 2 weeks thereabouts - quite the effort for a daily driven car. I've also found that Skyline C110 springs sit straight into the rubber / suspension cups, they're 4 coils shorter naturally but a very stiff ride

Originally posted by loekaaz View Post
      They sell Ford Rangers Down Under, don't they?

93-00 2wd Ranger front shocks appear to fit in the rear as well, and are shorter than de saab units.
      I don't BELIEVE we had a 93-00 Ford Ranger... I'd have to look into that further as we had the Courier, we have the ranger now but I believe that's a progression of only the last 10 years or so. Not ideal obviously - however thanks for the heads up, just need to work out the front shocks and I'll be laughing!
      Last edited by Respect Till Death; 12-22-2015, 06:38 AM.
      '87 Benz 190E

BUILD THREAD

Comment

Yo OP hit me up on instagram 666Evan and I'll send you all the info on how to get low with 190's the right way for cheap.

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
        I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

Originally posted by 190Evan View Post
          Yo OP hit me up on instagram 666Evan and I'll send you all the info on how to get low with 190's the right way for cheap.
          Why not just post it here?

Building a W124 Benz

Comment

Originally posted by Jorgen View Post
            Why not just post it here?
            Because a good handful of the purists on this site disagree with the way I got my last car low even though it worked perfectly fine and rode amazing. So I don't even bother with the input anymore because I can have people who are interested come to me directly rather than wasting everyone's time.

Comment

Because a good handful of the purists on this site disagree with the way I got my last car low even though it worked perfectly fine and rode amazing. So I don't even bother with the input anymore because I can have people who are interested come to me directly rather than wasting everyone's time.
              You mean using E36 raceland shock + spring at the same time? I've heard it seems fine at first but after some time the strut towers can't take the stress and excess load, because it wasn't engineered like this. I myself use JOM shock + OEM spring separately and for a daily it works great.

Building a W124 Benz

Comment

Originally posted by Jorgen View Post
                You mean using E36 raceland shock + spring at the same time? I've heard it seems fine at first but after some time the strut towers can't take the stress and excess load, because it wasn't engineered like this. I myself use JOM shock + OEM spring separately and for a daily it works great.
                I don't think that CATuned, Yellow Speed Racing, and Ground Control would have gone out of their way to create a coilover system that puts pressure on the shock, towers. The only problems I had ever had were with the camber plates but that was because I used billet aluminum and it was a bad design on my end. But the ones released by companies now work perfect and are stiff enough to have pretty damn good fitment. Also I'm getting the rear spring situated right now and I will be running a 1,100lb spring in the back with ranger shocks. The front will see raceland e36's with a different higher spring rate spring. Should be interesting...and low.

Comment

I don't think that CATuned, Yellow Speed Racing, and Ground Control would have gone out of their way to create a coilover system that puts pressure on the shock, towers. The only problems I had ever had were with the camber plates but that was because I used billet aluminum and it was a bad design on my end. But the ones released by companies now work perfect and are stiff enough to have pretty damn good fitment. Also I'm getting the rear spring situated right now and I will be running a 1,100lb spring in the back with ranger shocks. The front will see raceland e36's with a different higher spring rate spring. Should be interesting...and low.
                  psssst...

They aren't actually coilovers...

Lucas
                  Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
                  Originally posted by LCG
                  High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

that set up looks neat, however in Australia that costs about as much as a complete bag set up WITH E-level, as an idea of cost - and then some more potentially. we can't actually get RWD mid 90s Ranger parts here because it was never sold in Australia so I have to order parts from America, Australia's dollar sucks so much ass at the moment that it's not even that is cost effective either. Easiest is just going B8s and Saab 900 shocks, can anyone single out a year 900 that I need?

for the question above, King Springs (so I assume other companies as well) sell Skyline C110 springs brand new and they are stiff as nails
                    Last edited by Respect Till Death; 01-15-2016, 07:39 PM.
                    '87 Benz 190E

BUILD THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by loekaaz View Post
                      psssst...

They aren't actually coilovers...

Find me a picture of the ground control front coils, or CaTuned. They use coilovers on the front.

Comment

Bumping a real old thread but is anyone willing to clarify what generation saab 900 shocks they are using for the rears?
                        Originally posted by JC.
                        'Stance' doesn't have to be scraping your car along the floor, that is simply the scene that has caught on. As long as your car looks amazing (in your eyes) while your rolling down the street, that is your own personal perfect stance.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Originally posted by soab View Post
                          Bumping a real old thread but is anyone willing to clarify what generation saab 900 shocks they are using for the rears?
                          Circa 1990. Bilstein P/N 24-003971. However, keep in mind that the inside diameter of the bushings on the Saab shocks are larger than the inside diameter of the 190E shocks. I had to fab some custom bushings. Here is a video that I made, in case it is at all helpful. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_WG6xGZ9qs

Comment

Working...
                          X