Fender roller, Which one should I get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Canibust View Post
    Just my .02... Heat gun and a baseball bat, (and sometimes a hammer if needed) has always worked for me! So if money is an issue, this is usually free. Even better if you have touch up paint laying around, but with the heat gun I didn't need it at all. Good luck! Post before/after pics when you've got your results.
    Originally posted by Ace_Rockolla View Post
    Me and my friend rolled his 300zx fenders with a metal pole wrapped in duct tape without a heat gun and it came out nice. Kinda ghetto but it worked well enough.
    That is fine and dandy, but only when you're doing old cars or the person really doesn't care how it turns out if you eff up. Not when you're rolling $35k+ cars, using a bat/poll is the last thing i'd think about doing.

Originally posted by 1lojet1281 View Post
    if you have access to a welder and some other simple metalworking tools you can make one.

I made this one with about $30 worth of metal and four hours of my time
    Looks pretty legit, post pics after 10, 15, 20 rolls though, curious to see how it holds up.
    Shyne~Fitment Done Right---Your #1 socal fender roller

Comment

i roll fenders on the side, did g35s,civics, 240s. all with my handy dandy rubber mallet and heat gun never cracked anyones paint.

Comment

^^^ you should really consider selling those on ebay, you would make a KILLING !

Comment

Got my PBM roller in the other day, and it's sitting here ready to be used now! Now I just have to wait until next week when I'm off work long enough to do it.

Comment

I like my PBM roller but i ended up breaking the cotter pin in back but thats an easy fix.
            killasnapshot

Comment

I just did mine with a mallet & heat gun. Paint chipped on the inside though. Isn't there something you can coat it with to stop rust?

Comment

The Eastwood does have problems with a lot of cars on the cailpers. but spacers always work to get round it.

The whole baseball bat thing is ok for beaters, but like someone already said when theres major money cars involved, just say no, lol.
                I've worked on high end Mercedes and Ferraris with a rubber mallet before though. just to take the edge off the lip, then its roller all the way.

I've used most roller over the years, ( and hammer and dolly, mallets, etc) Eastwood still seems to be the best quality, i've done 500+ cars with the same roller. cotter pin replaced once, but otherwise it works great.
                Last edited by Tonys18t; 06-21-2010, 10:27 AM.
                Yeah, i'm that guy you've heard about that rolls and pulls fenders in SoCal , hit me up .

Comment

after a 2 years the eastwood wheel can start giving tho

ive done too many cars to list with this roller all threads have been tapped and all hardware has been replaced

cotter pins will only last me about a week so stopped using those after a while too

thinking of getting together with a fabricator and inventing my own

http://awdfitted.blogspot.com/

Comment

I've been pretty lucky with the wheel on mine i guess, the other hardware has also been cool so far, even with a lot of pretty heavy duty pulling work which really gives the roller a workout.

i tend to work the fender slow and easy, i can only guess that is easier on the roller... and the fender, lol.
                    Yeah, i'm that guy you've heard about that rolls and pulls fenders in SoCal , hit me up .

Comment

Ive heard of ppl using a piece of pipe or a baseball bat..holding it against the rim in the fender and had a buddy back up slowly while u roll the pipe/bat at the same time and that so they said worked! Very ghetto i know i havent seen it first hand but the claimed it worked. something to think about....

Comment

after reading all of this, and looking in my wallet, and trying to use my brain on alcohol..... im going 20 minutes to South Philly to have a guy roll my rears for $40 each fender. Eargasm, a custom car shop with a guarantee. cause i may only have to roll the edge in once to a flat shape, then i will be good. and i dont have ANY friends who need fenders rolled for any reason, unfortunately so wish i had more friends who understood this stance thing lol

Comment

Working...
                        X