Fender roller, Which one should I get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

discussion of HF fender rollers:

seems a few people have received their HF fender rollers so they may not be discontinued, just on massive backorder
    2011 Outback 2.5i 6MT #subarubaru - daily/off-pavement adventure vehicle
    2001 BMW 325i Wagon 6MT #daswagoon - wife's #becauseracewagon
    1996 Suburban 2500 TD #superbbourbon - tow bitch/people hauler

Comment

If anybody has an Eastwood roller for sale let me know!

Comment

hammer is your friend

Widebody B6 build

HIT ME UP if you need Ksport supplies. i can get them to you cheaper than anyone.

Comment

I thought about it... I dont want to fck up my paint using a hammer though. I know its still possible with the roller, but I feel less likely to do so with one.

Hmm... I just remembered I do have some touch up paint sitting around...

Comment

I found a good deal from Eurospec, they are going to send me one of the ones they are about to release at a discount because they opened it to check it out and take pictures of it. It looks pretty solid, they claim it's their rival to the Eastwood. We will see!

Comment

i used a hammer on my e46. lol. just heat up the paint and dont miss your target.

Widebody B6 build

HIT ME UP if you need Ksport supplies. i can get them to you cheaper than anyone.

Comment

Did the paint chip any?

Comment

no. not at all

Widebody B6 build

Comment

The Harbor Freight roller is a waste. It looks strong enough, but the arm with the wheel on it bends, making it impossible to do the job.

I had a shop do mine. Used a heat gun and everything went pretty smoothly, except for their bitching about how BMW has thicker fenders than Nissan. They used the Eastwood. There are some pretty funny videos on YouTube about using the Eastwood roller. They're supposed to be serious.

Comment

I used a heat gun, Hammer and 2x4. The fenders looked fine afterwards you just have to have a feel for what you're doing.

Comment

or you can try a slide hammer. i wish i would have. that will pull the fenders out too

Widebody B6 build

Comment

I love my eastwood. I have never used another one so my opinion is useless.

Comment

Stance one looks nice, think I'll have to pick one up

Comment

I finally got around to using the Eurospec roller I picked up in august. It's a solid tool, but I had to modify the crap out of it to make it work as it seems they sent me one for every bolt pattern but 5x120. Aside from the pattern, I also had to remove the actual roller and grind down the edge on the pivoting arm to make it rotate to the angle I needed. Because of all the modification, I was only able to get my front fenders done.

After all of that, it worked great, but I would spend the extra $100 on an Eastwood if I were to do it again.

Comment

english- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXF4Z...eature=related

Comment

Working...
                                X