No announcement yet.

Golf 4 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i daily in northern pa (relative shit) at 23 gtf. its not a big deal if you're not retarded, and dont drive unknown roads at night.

Comment

Originally posted by ///BMW View Post
      well, I hoped Norwegian roads will explain enough. speed bumps, cracks and holes in the road.

do you have some pictures how low I can go without air ride?

Here are some examples of what I see every day
      I run this height in Oslo. No problems (Scirocco 3)

Comment

this was daily driven (static) on belgian roads (prolly the worst ever)
        Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

^
          Everyone claims that where they are has the worst roads. There are truly bad roads everywhere and that car isn't all that low for a daily imo

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
          Oh FUCK YES, 6-10 inches for me this weekend. FUCK YES!

Comment

with GTI (thicker axles) you can go only this "low", before you pass. side axle will constantly hit the frame. But you'll need to cut out your sway 3/4 inch before. Next thing you'll have to have on mind is that your pan is almost at the same height as your subframe and bumper.. really not cool - I was mk3 kid before = lip on the ground and pan 1,5 inch higher.
            On the other side you can use audi TT sway and have you frame notched as I did after these shots. I also ordered 1 inch motor mount spacers today....

Comment

i cant stick a keyfob under my subframe on my mk3 and i drive it everyday, of course its a vr as well so i built a skid plate, little scrapes arent anything to worry about

Comment

for reference: thats a dime, and i daily drive this (static, refer to the name) in central new jersey.
                pm me for 'hellacute' stickers
                i have no more stickers! ill get back to everyone once more get sent to me. unfortunately, the girl who makes them takes her sweet ass time. i apologize for the delay.

Comment

also, to answer the question about your picture. thats just how a lot of VW's work. when the rear end of the car is lowered, the rear beam pushes forward.
                  pm me for 'hellacute' stickers
                  i have no more stickers! ill get back to everyone once more get sent to me. unfortunately, the girl who makes them takes her sweet ass time. i apologize for the delay.

Comment

Originally posted by Ms. Tasty View Post
                    Finally someone agrees with me.
                    i agree with women too

i think they could work if done better. adjustable toe-in would be titties.

as for coils, get ones that are dampening adjustable so you can go lower and not worry about bottoming out or go bags. also, buy an extra set of axles so ywhen you break your first set, you're only down a weekend. see aaron's info as well.
                    Last edited by Guest; 08-12-2010, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X