Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This has made me very happy, can't wait to see more

Comment

Love the new flared fenders and the use of the old fenders as well.

Comment

Bwahahaha steve said bags........Pshaw. Keeping the torsions up front since I'll be able to keep them cranked up, adding QA1 single adj shocks. Rear is QA1 double adj coilovers with eibach race springs

Thanks so much for the comments guys, I'm dyyyying to drive this thing. I'm off tomorrow so I'll be doing some more work
        conversion syndicate*

4g63 swapped Hilux: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=75423

ig: makercruuz

Comment

I'm so happy static trucks are a thing, how low do you plan on being?

@fackinsteve ; fackin build thread :
          http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ill-build-E36s

Comment

Originally posted by fackinsteve View Post
            .....how low do you plan on being?
            Well this thing literally hasn't touched the ground since early April, I've done so much work to the suspension, frame and drivetrain that it's been silly for me to set it back down off the jack stands. It took me hours to have it sitting perfectly level on the stands for fab work. I can say this tho, it was on 4" blocks before this started, so ~4.5-5" down in the front, and the suspension work I've done up front gave me a physical hardware drop of +4". So like 8.5-9" maybe? That's without factoring in the torsion bar adjustment. I played with the front travel using a jack a while ago and found that with ~3/4" of space at the bump stop my trans xmember will be making ground contact Soooooo......I might be cutting that up too. I already have no fender tubs up front and will have to relocate some of the brake hardware that's attached to the booster

The answer to your question Lolz? Not positive yet..... but the goal is to cover at least half of the tire and still have very good suspension response. I'll be posting the front suspension fuckery I concocted this evening
            conversion syndicate*

Comment

I'm sure you're familiar with the ETS drift ute, if not. This should be right up your alley.

Comment

Originally posted by Cookie View Post
                I'm sure you're familiar with the ETS drift ute.....
                Yes indeed, good looking out. I can't say that I've followed it much but I am aware of it and have read a little about it thru their build process. I think the budget for that one passes mine by about 10x, but same thought process anyways. Mine will also be my daily until the snow is too deep, I'll only ever park it when it gets too sketchy to drive
                conversion syndicate*

Comment

i need to see moar!

Instagram - @choadyhighroller
                  Originally posted by nickskater09
                  I think Jody, along with Ashton, like to push the line between "street legal" and "realistically driveable".

Comment

Well it seems like you've definitely done your homework dude, I loon forward to seeing progress. Ive always loved the N30 Toyota trucks.

@fackinsteve ; fackin build thread :
                    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ill-build-E36s

Comment

Originally posted by cruuz View Post
                      Yes indeed, good looking out. I can't say that I've followed it much but I am aware of it and have read a little about it thru their build process. I think the budget for that one passes mine by about 10x, but same thought process anyways. Mine will also be my daily until the snow is too deep, I'll only ever park it when it gets too sketchy to drive
                      Yeah definitely had some money thrown into that one, I just thought the ute+coilovers thing might interest you. There are a few sick drift rigs in Japan that are awesome too, Hardbody and a Datsun 720, both on coilovers, I'm sure you have seen them, I have always been a fan of them that's why I love your hilux so much. Makes me want to sell my Evo haha.

Comment

If this thread was a painting...

Comment

HAHAHA blurred that just made my morning ^
                          No work again today so more truck things will be happening

Originally posted by Cookie View Post
                          Makes me want to sell my Evo haha.
                          No no no don't sell the Evo, add a pickup. That seems waaay more logical to me

I was halfway thru the front suspension post yesterday when my desktop decided to freeze up #ragequit so I'll give it another go today
                          conversion syndicate*

Comment

I'm really interested to see how that transmission tunnel/arm rest turns out. Really like the idea of reusing the fenders on it. Or is it going to just be something gets covered in carpet and hidden?

Comment

Def won't be getting covered with anything, even if I do end up putting carpet in. Most likely the floors will get a coat of bedliner, but the 'console' will stay as is. Part of the motivation was to save/reuse the original bits, I'm wierd like that I guess lolz
                              conversion syndicate*

Comment

remember that long post about the front suspension fuckery I mentioned? this is that post

so one of the primary goals of this build was to have a significantly lower truck that handles waaaaaaay better than the 'stock' suspension at a +4.5" drop. we all know that slamming pretty much anything to the ground can have seriously ill effects on the handling and the intention is to solve/improve on these issues. case in point: my bump steer. also important was to be able to crank my torsions back up to regain useable spring rate. because bouncy. wanted more front camber, because drifttruck. and last thing was to do my damnedest to find good adjustable shocks for up front.

I read a lot.metric tonne.fuckload.of articles on everything from road race set ups, to drift, even a bunch of old-head hotrod tricks used back in the day. I kept on coming back to needing/wanting drop spindles.(duh) problem is, as those of you 'youta heads out there know, they aren't made for my gen truck. I did the math on what it would cost me to do the '84+ hardparts upgrade, it was gonna be over $800, and I'm not made of money. i knew i was going to extend the LCAs for camber gain and a little more track width, so i took everything apart and started with that

the "84+ trucks get to enjoy little extras like a ball joint flip to drop another ~3/4". and it isn't really even a 'flip', more like a relocation to the other side of the LCA. in factory form, my ball joint studs both point down. you could say that I double flipped my balljoints. so now they both point up(gaining lows). and I swapped the uppers and lowers. wait, wut?.....you can't do that jake, you big dummy. that means your spindles will be upside down you dummy. umm yeah but they're offset so it gets me LOTS MORE LOWS. and the hotrodders used to do it back in the day so that makes it ok with me

before upper

after upper

LCAs

total result

more on it's way in just a few.....
                                Last edited by cruuz; 09-07-2015, 07:03 PM.
                                conversion syndicate*

Comment

Working...
                                X