Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Todd Malk
    7 mins ·

"Okay so here's the deal with 100MM vs AW11.
    I was accepted with the first round of emails to 100MM.
    A fortnight later when everyone started to arc up to an AW11 getting accepted into this 'prestigious' car show, JustCar wanted to back out of sponsorship from everyone being displeased with 100MMs choice.
    Being that my AW11 was standing out in comparison to all others - 100MM had to try and please the sponsors and killing the source of the fire.
    I had a friend tell me that one of the organizers had complained to them about me; saying that I was never accepted, my payment was never received (I have the receipt for the money successfully transferring) and the only reason they accepted me (even though they said I wasn't accepted) was because my dad is engineering the pink RWB Porsche - even when the RWB Porsche in it's current form (and further modifications) would never be able to be registered on the road, along with dad saying he's never touched an RWB Porsche in regards to ADR/VSI/Engineering in general.
    Anyway, I sent off an email to clarify that I have been accepted and my payment has gone through just to receive an email stating that the acceptance email I received was a 'database error'.
    So, the AW11s acceptance has been revoked because 100MM was afraid of loosing money along with them never making contact with me prior to discuss any issues.
    I'm not sure if the owners of 100MM are 14 years old or have online anxiety - but they probably shouldn't own/manage 100MM."
    '87 Benz 190E

BUILD THREAD

Comment

• hey Respect till Death.

getout.
      S I N G L E | W O R K S - Loneliness is a Lifestyle

Comment

• Originally posted by TRaNz View Post
        hey Respect till Death.

getout.
        i was never in
        Last edited by Respect Till Death; 10-18-2015, 05:00 AM.
        '87 Benz 190E

BUILD THREAD

Comment

• Originally posted by Respect Till Death View Post
          i was never in
          thank fuck.
          S I N G L E | W O R K S - Loneliness is a Lifestyle

Comment

• Originally posted by TRaNz View Post
            thank fuck.
            sassy
            '87 Benz 190E

BUILD THREAD

Comment

• on a serious note though i've never seena car show at birrarung marr... how are they getting "show level" cars in there? I would have thought most would be too low
              '87 Benz 190E

BUILD THREAD

Comment

on a serious note though i've never seena car show at birrarung marr... how are they getting "show level" cars in there? I would have thought most would be too low
                Worked fine last time. Was a good place for pre-load in and then a quick little drive down a footpath to get in, Was some seriously low cars there last time

Also, that AW11 owner seems like a real flog to me, speaking up about his dad engineering the RWB porsche etc.

That post of his (which has been deleted) makes it sound like he thinks the world revolves around him. Seems like a lot of his info is very much 2nd hand and anecdotal at best...
                Originally posted by TRaNz
                omg man...naaaaahhhhhh...dafuq bro...nah thats crossing the line. youre fucked bengfacebengcunt.

Comment

• Sounds like a bit of a strange show with the process and all this carry on from an outsiders/interstaters point of view. I get the need for selection etc, but back in the time of Autosalon etc they never did it with shows and I can't get into the concept of it. Yes it weeds out the shitters, but it also makes it seem a bit elitist, which I guess is the point....but then people get their panties in a twist and get all butthurt.

I'm also not getting the fuss over this RWB thing either. It's not as though the internet isn't flooded with pics of them(all looking more or less the same), and I'm not a fan of the dog dick pink on this one....plus did I read it was to be unveiled at 100mm, yet it was at WTAC on the weekend.

I hope Mr AW11 got his money back seeing it was supposed to be "un-refundable"(good Engrish).

Comment

• Its funny that you bring up auto salon.

Even autosalon had a screening process, but that was back when there wasn't as much social media. Fb wasnt around in Australia back then, hence you never heard all of the bullshit people thought.

Social media is literally ruining society.
                    Originally posted by anth
                    Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

• Originally posted by USDMem1 View Post
                      Worked fine last time. Was a good place for pre-load in and then a quick little drive down a footpath to get in, Was some seriously low cars there last time

Also, that AW11 owner seems like a real flog to me, speaking up about his dad engineering the RWB porsche etc.

That post of his (which has been deleted) makes it sound like he thinks the world revolves around him. Seems like a lot of his info is very much 2nd hand and anecdotal at best...

ah right okay, just curious cos' the road is too low for some of the cars that enter (static ones anyway haha) - yeah he's a tad obnoxious at times, I guess the lime light does things to people. the RWB Porsche won't ever go on the road cos' the amount of engineering that has to be done on it... not a huge fan of the RWB tour builds anyway, how many times can you do the same thing before it gets boring?
                      '87 Benz 190E

BUILD THREAD

Comment

ah right okay, just curious cos' the road is too low for some of the cars that enter (static ones anyway haha) - yeah he's a tad obnoxious at times, I guess the lime light does things to people. the RWB Porsche won't ever go on the road cos' the amount of engineering that has to be done on it... not a huge fan of the RWB tour builds anyway, how many times can you do the same thing before it gets boring?
                        If our cars made it in the first year, then everyone's car will make it in this year. Keep in mind which forum this is buddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxer View Post
                          Its funny that you bring up auto salon.

Even autosalon had a screening process, but that was back when there wasn't as much social media. Fb wasnt around in Australia back then, hence you never heard all of the bullshit people thought.

Social media is literally ruining society.
                          I entered a few of the earlier Autosalons and I don't recall a screening process. Of course you had to submit your entry with car make and model, what mods had been done etc, but I don't think you had to provide a photo, nor did anyone get rejected. Not that I knew of anyway, but people with shitters just knew not to enter and a "show car" was different back then. Social media certainly has changed shit A LOT with everyone thinking they're worthy/entitled of something they're not, even though they get 1000's of likes from a "pro" shoot which must make their car worthy, surely!?!?!

And I couldn't agree more with you on the last comment!

Comment

• I was going to say humanity, but only the 1st world countries actually use it and are stupid enough to care what other people think. It amplifies vanity and ego.

Comment

• I had it confirmed that just car was never going to pull their sponsorship lol so don't know why your mate is pulling that out of his arse

and from memory your mate was hanging shit on other applicants and entrants too, if I were one of the organisers i'd tell him to get the fuck out, shove his AW11 up his arse then eat his dog with some soy sauce for being a cockhead

and 100mm has every right to rescind any applications at any time and they can choose whatever damn car they want, if they accepted a white van with a giant bang bros sticker on the side then so be it
                              Last edited by andrewn; 10-19-2015, 03:40 AM.
                              www.ohitsandy.blogspot.com

www.flickr.com/andhey

Comment

• in other news... new christmas casuals are miinnnnt this year =P
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X