Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Redrilling wheels.

Default Redrilling wheels.

Can anyone offer help or pointers into redrilling some wheels. I have a w140 s class and just acquired some 18inch monoblocks for a w210. The difference is 2mm in the lugs(14mm pitch for the s and 12mm for the e class wheels) and was wondering who could drill (locally to the MAR or nationally) them out of if I should just sell the wheels again. I just love the monoblocks and the offset of the w210 would look awesome on the w140. Any help is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by drewtn87 View Post
    Can anyone offer help or pointers into redrilling some wheels. I have a w140 s class and just acquired some 18inch monoblocks for a w210. The difference is 2mm in the lugs(14mm pitch for the s and 12mm for the e class wheels) and was wondering who could drill (locally to the MAR or nationally) them out of if I should just sell the wheels again. I just love the monoblocks and the offset of the w210 would look awesome on the w140. Any help is appreciated.
    i just redrilled mine. team 3 wheel in san leandro, ca took a day locally and i went from 5x120 to 5x114.3 didnt look bad at all.

Let me just say that those look sick on your car. Honestly i was thinking recently that the stock g35 wheels would look sick on my e46! Just the opposite!

The work looks top notch, I wish I knew someone in NYC that did this? How much did it cost?

Quote Originally Posted by LAGOe46 View Post
    Let me just say that those look sick on your car. Honestly i was thinking recently that the stock g35 wheels would look sick on my e46! Just the opposite!

The work looks top notch, I wish I knew someone in NYC that did this? How much did it cost?
    Thanks man, well i have a set in my garage if you wanna buy em lol. I paid $250 for the redrill.

Sterling_Archer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Archtkt View Post
    nice. love the neighbor in the background with the wtf are you doing look

Have you looked into wobble bolts?

I thought I heard that only some BBS RS can be re-drilled, something to do with the back? I am looking to get my RSs that came off of a 635 onto my 911. So going from 5 x 120mm to 5 x 1130mm. Is this possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheaper View Post
    I thought I heard that only some BBS RS can be re-drilled, something to do with the back? I am looking to get my RSs that came off of a 635 onto my 911. So going from 5 x 120mm to 5 x 1130mm. Is this possible?
    There are different methods depending on the wheel. Provided the hub bore isnt too large you should have a problem going from 5x120 to (im guessing) 5x130 Its only a 5mm difference in radius.

ig: @jonnie86

610EURO Guest

there is soooo many 5x130 sets out there. why ruin a 5x120 set ?

you have to look at the back pad, a flat back pad is best for a redrill as it will support the new pattern fully. a bolt pattern specific wheel will have to be filled in the rear or if you dont fill the rear it will have voids where your lugs are. either one can be worked around, but flat back is better.

i have a set of futuras that are perfect for a 4x100 drill if anyone is looking for a set of sick wheels

rotiform does nice work but they are on the expensive side. check them out if your not on a tight budget.

goodluck

You get what you pay for. I went cheap on my first redrill, never again.

610EURO Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck&Poke View Post
    You get what you pay for. I went cheap on my first redrill, never again.
    you can get quality for less.not to talking down on Roti, they do nice work, but quality can be had for less.

You can insert wheels up to 8mm either way with a big insert ( large hole ). If you want smaller inserts you can only do about 4-5mm. I paid about $18 per wheel to have these drilled and inserted.

RB motoring redrilled my RS'

Quote Originally Posted by SeeClass View Post
    You can insert wheels up to 8mm either way with a big insert ( large hole ). If you want smaller inserts you can only do about 4-5mm. I paid about $18 per wheel to have these drilled and inserted.

now that is interesting! i hadnt heard of that method before, i will need to remember this. thanks for sharing!

redrilling a wheel is not something I would cheap out on

saw this at the Gillis meet a while back and it scared me (sorry if you're a member on here)

Quote Originally Posted by riffman12 View Post
    redrilling a wheel is not something I would cheap out on

saw this at the Gillis meet a while back and it scared me (sorry if you're a member on here)

That's the kid with the 4 door civic with that giant exhaust piping. I saw his pics on here and they scare the shit out of me too.

Actually, that's how the come from japan. They dual drill a 4x114.3 and 5x114.3 bolt pattern.

You can pay RB wheels 150-200 to redrill/insert if that's what you want. They don't do it themselves and don't pay the shop doing the drilling that much. Like I said, $80 a set max.

Actually, that's how the come from japan. They dual drill a 4x114.3 and 5x114.3 bolt pattern.

You can pay RB wheels 150-200 to redrill/insert if that's what you want. They don't do it themselves and don't pay the shop doing the drilling that much. Like I said, $80 a set max.
    whats the name of the shop you had yours done at very interested

Theres nothing wrong with that redrill. Lug bolts dont actually hold the wheel in place. Friction from the backpad to the hub is what keeps it from moving around. The bolts just provide enough clamping force to attain that friction.

when i had mine done by RB, they were 250$ shipped to do them. im 95% sure that RB outsources theirs to motorsports tech.

Miami for shcool, Houston for the summer, L.A for life !

Make sure they drill the holes big enough for a lug to fit !
    - i got my bbs redrilled for $200 before rb shipped them to my house, then after i re-built the whole wheel and started test fitting them on my car i found out that some of the lugs wouldn't fit because the holes weren't big enough and i had to get a few of them widened by a friend.

rbwheels does great work but make sure you tell them to make sure lug nuts can fit in the hole before shipping out the wheel

Make sure they drill the holes big enough for a lug to fit !
    - i got my bbs redrilled for $200 before rb shipped them to my house, then after i re-built the whole wheel and started test fitting them on my car i found out that some of the lugs wouldn't fit because the holes weren't big enough and i had to get a few of them widened by a friend.

rbwheels does great work but make sure you tell them to make sure lug nuts can fit in the hole before shipping out the wheel
    There are about 5 sizes of inserts, from .52" (13mm) to .69 (17mm). If you're going to insert your wheels tell them to use a .63 insert (16mm), so that 14mm lug bolts fit. All Audi, VW, Mini, and 03+ Mercedes use 14mm lug bolts.

When there isn't enough room they need to do a tuner size lug hole. You will need to find 14mm tuner lugs. I think your wheels where drilled to accept 12mm bolts. I had a set of wheels drilled tuner lug style because there wasn't enough room for a larger seat. I just bought tuner lug bolts and everything was fine.

To answer the OPs problem...
    Those wheels use a ball seat, 12mm seats and 14mm seats are different ( wider ). You can insert them so you can use conical bolts or have the seat drilled to accept conical bolts too.
    Last edited by SeeClass; 06-12-2010 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LAGOe46 View Post

Wheel Collision in Bath, Pa, about 1 hr. from you in NYC offers redrilling services.

wobble bolts will do the trick
    E53 4.4 Sterling Gray Metallic
    E36 M3 Mugello rot
    GEN2 TUNDRA CM
    https://instagram.com/carlmichaeljohnson/