This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College budget mk4

Hey guys, new to this forum and very excited to have my progress marked down somewhere. So here goes. My name is Brandon and I own a 2002 Volkswagen Jetta TDI. I've had this car for 2 years, and after some debate on whether to buy another car or not, I decided that my current car will be cheaper to modify than getting a new car and modifying that in the longhaul. Here she is:

20150730_161305.jpg

20150730_161325.jpg

20150730_161341.jpg

So yeah, this build isn't necessarily going to be performance, but rather a cool looking car. Things I want to do (keep in mind that this is my first car that I'll be working on)

Polish and clean car
    New wheels + new springs or coilovers
    Possibly take plastidip off parts and clearcoat black
    New headlights and taillights

That's all I can think of for now. Hoping to do some stuff soon!
    Cheers!

glad to have you! couple things. dont buy springs, if this really interests you you'll end up wondering why you didnt get coilovers first (i know i did) also plastidip is cool sometimes, my wheels are plastidipped (wish they werent) but dont go overboard. you will be much happier if the part is back to how its supposed to be or if you know you want it a certain color then paint it! in for this!

Originally posted by BozoBubble
    Stance bug bites hard, man, you ain't gonna shake it.

Truck Build

Instagram: somestancekid

Comment

Thanks man! I've been looking at coilovers and they're damn expensive. Time to save up! and I just wanted to try it, but I think I wont add on anymore plastidip. Any suggestions for places to shop online?

Comment

hopefully others chime in, i have a local tuner order all my parts so i dont look for many deals lol

Originally posted by BozoBubble
        Stance bug bites hard, man, you ain't gonna shake it.

Truck Build

Instagram: somestancekid

Comment

Used parts on Vortex. That's where I almost got everything for my mk5 GTI. and if you can't find it, just post that you are looking for a certain part.
          sigpic
          azarwheels.webs.com

Comment

They have a website?

Comment

Hey man, build looks like it has potential! I just shot you a PM, can't wait to see updates
              My Build:

Comment

ECS tuning is literally the best online shop for vws. Also if youre looking into coilovers i recommend fk streetlines if youre on more of a budget. The ride isnt that bad, ive had mine for 1000s of kms without problems and they go low as fuck.

Comment

College budget mk4

Alright so not too much to update at this point.

Going to invest in getting some FK Street-Line coilovers:

160139a.jpg

Gonna be working my ass of so I can get theseplus some wheels soon!

Might also invest in a new shifter knob, not a huge fan of the stock VW one; it's too long for my liking (that's what she said).

I'll post more pictures of my car tomorrow most likely, in its stock beauty

Comment

College budget mk4

Here's a pic I snapped today of my buddy and I's Jetta's:

20150804_182736.jpg

Cleaned the engine bay today:

20150804_182745.jpg

And an ass shot of the MK4 and his older brother MK3:

20150804_220953.jpg

Comment

Lookin good so far. What wheels are you thinking of getting ?

Comment

Thanks man! Not too sure yet, due to my budget I can only really afford the coilovers for now so I might find some cheap wheels and then upgrade after that

Comment

Really liking that red Jetta there

Comment

Working...
                          X