No announcement yet.

A life long dream come true. *supra content*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess I forgot to share here but I got some sideways seat time a few months ago! I don't plan on drifting the car regularly but it was a lot of fun and I enjoyed getting more confident behind the wheel.

Time for new rubber last weekend! Square Falken RT615K+

Untitled

Discovered this while changing tires, I have no idea how I didn't notice before!
    Untitled

Thankfully the local rim repair shop was able to get it fixed same day!
    Untitled

Although I went wit the same size, it began rubbing in the rear. My fenders are already rolled and pulling isn't really an option but I was able to do a little massaging which helped a bit. Currently the car has about 1/2" of reverse rake so I will raise the back up to where the front currently is in hopes that it helps. I have a cruise with some buddies slotted for this weekend and it should involve some nice windy roads so hopefully the slight raising will be enough to make the drive enjoyable without too much rubbing.
    Last edited by EricT93; 09-10-2019, 04:04 PM.
    sigpic
    Follow Me on TikTok & IG: Eric_Thiergood

Comment

• The Falkens made their maiden voyage on a fun spirited driving cruise I set up with some good friends. It ended up being about 3 hours of solid driving including a little bit of highway, and a lot of windy back roads. The tires did great and were very confidence inspiring.

Our initial meet up spot was Cars & Coffee where someone snagged this rad interior pic.

supra interior

Here's our route.

Untitled

We had a pretty diverse lineup cruising. In addition to my car we had a c3 vette, 2nd gen Viper, 350z, CTS-V, Cayman, and a 5th gen viper (not pictured.)

Untitled

This beautiful 930 Turbo Cabriolet wasn't part of our cruising group, but we happened to stumble upon it as we rolled into the biker diner/bar that we had lunch at along the route.

Untitled

The guy in the red Viper managed to get a few good rollers while taming his beast.

Untitled

Being the lead car has its drawbacks, Texas sized bugs LOL

Untitled

In other news, the wifey's 4Runner got a set of Falkens as well! We went to a 285/70R17 (close to a 33) which required a lift. This was accomplished with Bilstein 5100s all around, with 2.5" of lift in the front from the adjustable spring perch and 1.5" of lift in the rear from a daystar spacer. Very pleased with the ride, noise level, and most importantly look of the setup.

Untitled

Also, we're building a house! The lot is in a flood plain which with Houston's past with floods, is taken very seriously. Because of this, the house was elevated roughly 6 ft. above the natural grade. In order to minimize the difference in roof heights the garage walls were taken up to 12 ft! I know what you're thinking.....Supra + Flood Risk??? I will be acquiring a 4 post lift for permanent elevated Supra parking. The model I'm looking at has 72" of lift so I think staying 6 feet above the garage floor should keep the Supra safe. This will also provide an additional garaged parking spot under the Supra. Hopefully we will be moving in next February so we're super excited!

Untitled
      Last edited by EricT93; 10-11-2019, 09:46 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

• awesome read! and the house is going to be incredible by the looks of that frame!

should definitely keep garage updates on this thread of how the build is coming along.

I will be in Houston in 2 weeks from the 28th October til 8th/9th November. If there is anything going on that you can recommend i come see (meets or car related stuff) or if there are any places you think i should check out whether it be food or non touristy bits.
        Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

• Yeah update on the house in significant stages would be fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
            Yeah update on the house in significant stages would be fun.
            I can definitely do that!

Originally posted by Benwalsh91 View Post
            awesome read! and the house is going to be incredible by the looks of that frame!

should definitely keep garage updates on this thread of how the build is coming along.

I will be in Houston in 2 weeks from the 28th October til 8th/9th November. If there is anything going on that you can recommend i come see (meets or car related stuff) or if there are any places you think i should check out whether it be food or non touristy bits.
            Houston Coffee and Cars (the official C&C event for Houston) is a pretty big deal here and it is a great event for someone looking to get a taste of the diverse car culture in Houston. I will probably be there with my family. It should be the following day/time/location.

Saturday Nov. 2nd starting at 8AM, usually dies down between 10AM-11AM.
            Memorial City Mall
            303 Memorial City
            Houston, Texas 77024

There's also Towne Lake Cars & Coffee: Cars on the Lake the following weekend at another location. It is not as big as the one at Memorial City Mall but still a nice location with quality cars. Most of the cars are gone by 10:30AM though so if you want to see everything you have to get there early.

Saturday Nov. 9th starting at 8AM-10AM
            The Boardwalk: Towne Lake
            9945 Barker Cypress Rd
            Cypress, Texas 77433

There's also a few dope rides usually at Catalina Coffee on Sunday mornings. Its always a surprise as to what will be there but its usually some nice JDM legends.
            2201 Washington Ave, Houston, TX 77007

There's good food all around the city so I would just suggest searching whatever type of food you like in your area and going off reviews. The more "hole in the wall" the place looks, the better it usually will be.

Hit me up on IG @EricT93_Supra if you have any questions.
            Last edited by EricT93; 10-15-2019, 08:28 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by EricT93 View Post
              I can definitely do that!

Hit me up on IG @EricT93_Supra if you have any questions.
              thank you, really appreciate the information. i will take a look into some of them for sure!! will also drop you a message and follow on instagram
              Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

• That thing is so timeless. I can't wait till we see more RHD ones stateside over the coming years.

Comment

• Happy 2020 everybody!

Not much to update except that the Supra received full paint correction and ceramic coating.
                  Untitled

The house is also coming together nicely! Hopefully we will be in mid-late February.
                  Untitled
                  sigpic

Comment

• Checking in for another periodic update!

Since the last update, I took a couple cool photos for Instagram.
                    Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Then I threw car up on my buddies scissor lift to do some maintenance and clean up a few things in preparation for Radwood ATX.

Untitled

Rolling into Radwood still dirty from the 3 hour drive from Houston to Austin. Photos courtesy of Nick Dennis Photography.
                    Untitled

Untitled

Radwood is one of my wife and I's favorite events. Check out her 90s outfit and peep the RHD Supra Interior design on my shirt.
                    Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

We wrapped my son's Tundra in black, gray, and white camo.
                    Untitled

Then took the whole gang out to the "Kids Car Meet" a local automotive organization was hosting.
                    Untitled

For those wondering about the house build, we are still waiting to close, but that doesn't stop me from going by and taking photos there.
                    Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

I also picked up another LS400 as I've been really missing my old one. Its a 96 Black on Black with 140k and is super clean.
                    Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Black Beauties
                    Untitled

Took the 4Runner out for some light social distancing wheeling, and my wife actually did most of the driving.
                    Untitled

Last but not least, picked up a set of chrome SC430 Pie Plates for the UCF20...and yes I know it needs moar low.
                    Untitled
                    sigpic

Comment

• Whats up everybody? Its been a pretty busy few months.

Oreo anyone?

Untitled

Finally moved into our house!

Untitled

The black beauties look good in the garage.

Untitled

Incase there's any misconception about my brand loyalty.

Untitled

After owning the LS400 for a few months, I realized that despite the cars incredible reliability and luxury for its age, ultimately it was kind of...dare I say it....boring. I will always have a special place in my heart for LS's but after owning two, I was ready to get back to having a 3 pedal daily.

Untitled

So I picked up this 2002 Solara V6 Manual with 118k miles from a fellow Toyota Enthusiasts. Its already been lowered and fitted with tasteful modifications like TRD aero, a surprisingly good sounding GReddy exhaust, and some vanilla fitment 18s. After I got it, I replaced the windshield, tires, and a wheel bearing after which it drove amazing! I also had the roof wrapped, did DIY clear corners, threw a new headunit, amp and sub in, and replaced the interior cluster, hvac, and key ring bulbs with LEDs. So far its been a fun, but also practical daily and I'm happy I made the switch.

Untitled

Untitled
                      sigpic

Comment

• Everything looking tidy as always! Don't mind the look of the Solara, we never got them over here. Back end reminds me a lot of a Prelude.

Originally posted by EricT93 View Post
                        some vanilla fitment 18s.
                        Did I coin something? haha

Comment

• Thank you my friend! They often get overlooked in the US but the tasteful mods on this one make it stand out.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Hello again everyone, checking in with another round of updates.

Not much has happened with the supra besides solid shifter bushings. Here are some pics from a local automotive gathering here in Houston. It's held every Sunday at Catalina coffee, and many local enthusiasts call it "car church".

Untitled

A buddy of mine owns this super clean R32 GTR, so we park together anytime we can.

Untitled

My son came along this particular Sunday! He loves to go for a ride in "dad black car."

Untitled

We had so much fun at Catalina that we decided to go again! This time, we had another black JDM Legend tag along.

Untitled

Apparently I have a thing for gunmetal wheels.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

I was getting the itch to slay some tires again, so I found a local drift event and had some fun! It was a small course and they opened half the track for drifting, but it satisfied my craving.

And last but certainly not least, something that has been in the works for over a year finally happened! Our house was built in a flood plain, and after Hurricane Harvey, Houston doesn't mess around when it comes to flooding. As you may have seen before, our house was built up due to potential flood risks, and in order to keep the roof lines similar, the garage was also raised to 12ft ceiling height. With this additional space, I decided to go with a 4 post lift for additional garage parking, and so that the Supra is protected from flood risk in the case that I'm not able to get it to safety before flooding may occur. From the moment we secured the lot, over a year and a half ago, we haven't had any flooding on the property, even with flooding occurring in other surrounding areas, so hopefully the added house height and lift wont be necessary, but its great for peace of mind.

Untitled
                            sigpic

Comment

• So a lot has happened…

Last edited by EricT93; 09-04-2022, 01:59 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X