Bear with me, this is gonna sound crazy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bear with me, this is gonna sound crazy

So im sitting here at work and I have this crazy idea (or at least my co worker feels like it is)...

The SMG trans while it gets a bad rap as we all know, it is nearly identical to its 6MT counterparts, I love the sequential shift pattern and this may not be true for other but I'd prefer a up/down sequential pattern of the Smg over the standard H pattern anyday. However one of my favorite things to do in these cars is go drifting and while it's not impossible to drift an SMG, the lack of a clutch pedal really limits the maneuvers able to be pulled off. thinking that most drift cars have a hydraulic e brake which is also a up/down type motion I feel it would be way more ergonomical for a drift driver, and while I cant speak from experience I feel it might benefit some drivers using their car for track days. SO... Here is my question.

- Is it possible to rig up a standard E46 M 6MT pedal to an SMG & bypass all clutch engagment systems associated with the SMG while still maintaining the SMG's sequential shift pattern.

*I know this is not the land of the drifter so I get this will NOT be everyone's flavor but please im just brainstorming here and trying to make use of a transmission which most people write off, so dont tell me just buy a 6MT im clearly reaching here so be gentle.
    Last edited by Tan_nicholson; 07-24-2015, 12:21 PM.
    IG: @nanner_tickleson
    Buncha Bavarian Bulls**t M3 build thread - http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=74458

you're stupid. go home.
    IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

Originally posted by aLaFleur View Post
      you're stupid. go home.
      And to think I was gonna **** your **** after i ************ & ******* your *****. too late

Your suppose to be the make things that dont work together work guy. Dissapointed
      Buncha Bavarian Bulls**t M3 build thread - http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=74458

Comment

Originally posted by Tan_nicholson View Post
        And to think I was gonna **** your **** after i ************ & ******* your *****. too late

Your suppose to be the make things that dont work together work guy. Dissapointed
        I have a lot of ideas about what that could say...

So anyways, try it. Just buy the stuff you think you need and start trying to put it together until A. it works. or B. it doesn't work.

You're still stupid though.

So it'll probably be B.
        IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

Originally posted by aLaFleur View Post
          I have a lot of ideas about what that could say...

So anyways, try it. Just buy the stuff you think you need and start trying to put it together until A. it works. or B. it doesn't work.

You're still stupid though.

So it'll probably be B.
          Stupid? Well duh I wouldnt be on SW if I wasn't, but in all seriousness the only portion i'd scratching my head on is the gear selection w/ the DME.

Comment

lol man youre acting like an asshole from vwvortex lel. I think its freaking crazy too, but who knows; I would love to see this thing pulled off.
            Whatever path you take to get to your automotive nirvana is the right path, everyone’s path is different. If more people liked cars because they are cars—not because they are a way to get attention or to way to be better than someone else—then I think the automotive world would be a better place. -benmassey

Build Thread:

Comment

Some dudes did it here in Brazil. In many 330m e46 with the smg transmission (very rare to find manuals here). U have the sequential shift + clutch pedal win+win. I just don't know what parts they used.

Comment

Working...
              X