Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADAC European breakdown cover?

Hello gents,
    I'm planning a small trip through Europe late summer (Croatia) and despite I've already spent hundreds to prepare my car, I'd like to purchase a breakdown cover just in case. I've already went for a trip with this car a year ago without any cover and it went all alright, but it was stock back then and now it's quite low I don't use any breakdown cover in the country neither so by buying ADAC for Europe I would use it as my cover in the UK for the rest of the year. British companies quoted me over 200 quid for my e38 for 2 week european cover, where ADAC charges 84 euros for a whole year for a full cover
    I'm just not sure, what actually they cover for. I mean, in case of a breakdown that they would have to recover me from a motorway to a workshop and repair a car, I'm not sure if it's fully cover by them or they just pay to some extent for the assistance on a motorway, for towing and for covering workshop's fees etc.
    I'm also wondering if there's any limit of call out per year for example?
    Maybe any of you guys have any experience with them and would be kind enough to share, please?
    Cheers

this is the scrap I'm going with

Last edited by ulik87; 07-19-2015, 07:40 PM.

I'm not entirely sure if it's different for people outside of Germany since ADAC is a German based company but here's what I know... (sidenote, I've had ADAC coverage for 4 years now and had to use it once last year)

ADAC basically offers two types of coverage. The normal basic package which will just have them tow you to the nearest shop to have your car fixed.

Then there is ADAC Plus. This covers the whole of the EU and includes towing back to your hometown (if possible, to your home, but if there's a ADAC station in town, they'll tow it there).
    You also get a free rental car provided by the ADAC for up to 7 or 14 days, I can't exactly remember. I got a Golf Mk6 diesel when my E36 was towed when it broke down last year and didn't have to pay a dime.

That said, they can be a bit difficult to work with when ordering a tow truck for a low car.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

Hi,
      I didn't think someone would answer after some time, so lost interest in this topic. Thanks for your reply anyways. I purchased that plus membership. It didn't cost much but gave me a little bit of peace of mind. I went to Croatia through Munich (BMW World and Museum), 5,5kkm in total in two weeks, no probs. Apart from a police check by undercovers in Germany, who clearly were not happy with my wheels. But they let us go And a bit of trouble getting onto ferry. Going to Dunkerque, remember guys to declare low clearance car...it'll make it easier (cost me 6euros to amend the ticket on the way back) cause the ferry has an upper deck inside...the ramp is too steep to get on it

Comment

Working...
      X