Fuel Injected Suicide Machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Injected Suicide Machine

sup. this isn't really much of a build, as much as a place that i can just keep track of my cars progress and eventual/probable death. you might remember me here from my old s14 build. went from this

to this

the car suspension wise was titties. solid everything, new multilink, a bunch of drift stuff that you guys probably wont understand (extended bump steer correction outers, extended front lower control arms, notched rear frame rail for more camber arm clearance, etc etc) long story short, i ended up selling it because i got tired of daily driving a race car. this stuff was dope on the track, but was absolutely terrible as a street car. one day i got an offer i could not refuse, and i chose to part ways with my first love.

after some thought, i decided to get an e46. i still wanted a car i could do cool skids in, but also needed it to be a comfortable daily. it would be built like a car that sees the track 10% of the time, and the street 90% of the time, instead of the opposite.

Heres the E46 when I got it:

being honest, it was pretty hacked up. but it was facelift, didn't have a pulled subframe and was less than 2 grand. and the interior was mint. so i took it.

over the course of about a month i gathered a small fortunes worth of parts from the money i sold my s14 with.

poly trailing arm bushings, a new drivers side ball joint, stud conversion, BC coilovers, adjustable lower control arms. a pretty impressive collection of cool looking stock 16 inch bmw wheels to skid on. picked up a set of trans am wheels to daily on. but they ended up being really bent. i still drive on them with no steering wheel shakes or anything, but it sucks watching them wiggle.
    i painted them all black at first, but realized how boring that was going to look. so i opted to go for a more factory look:

i also put the car on 20mm spacers in the front, to add to the track width. this is the car after it was finally thrown together.

got an alignment and tires a few days later, it was nice. 3.5 degrees of camber up front, 3 degrees in the back.

picked up some fresh ns2rs for the front tires;

heres a photo of the car ready for its first drift event:

spares on the back, "nice" wheels up front.

skids in this thing are tons of fun. it is so different from the s14, but feels so solid i fucking love it. fell in love with this car this weekend.

stay tuned! this is only the beginning.

feel free to give me a follow on instagram for more progression: @devocat
    FUEL INJECTED SUICIDE MACHINE

yeah not as fun as it sounds driving a track car on the streets

This is coming along nicely
    Sugar Mama Build - http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=73298

Comment

Originally posted by Motoman325 View Post
      Definitely. Driving with high spring rates and dampening on all hard is literally the worst.

Looking forward to this! I like the Pre-facelift a little better, but these still are awesome!

Comment

What engine has this beemer? Have you welded the diff?

Comment

Originally posted by Tadas View Post
          More than likely an m54b25 based on the window trim.

Nice pickup! I want one too!
          -Christian.

'91 318iS AW2/blk slow garage queen/build...
          '02 ///M3 carbonschwartz 6MT daily beast
          '37 Chevy pickup-garagequeen...

Comment

I love the stance in front so far! When you spacing those rears out? It's gonna look mean as ffff

- Renato
            TWMPerformance.com | TWMShiftKnobs.com | GodSaveTheManuals.com
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Motoman325 View Post

This is coming along nicely
              thanks for the kind words man! yeah it got old really quick. if i had the means to have a truck/trailer setup with storage, i would've kept it. but i figued it was time to move on and get an 'everything' car.

Originally posted by cosmo135 View Post
              Definitely. Driving with high spring rates and dampening on all hard is literally the worst.

Looking forward to this! I like the Pre-facelift a little better, but these still are awesome!
              thanks man! yeah pre facelift sedans are pretty cool, but the subframe issue kept me away ahahah.
              Originally posted by Tadas View Post
              its a 320i, 2.2 L
              Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
              More than likely an m54b25 based on the window trim.

Nice pickup! I want one too!
              close! 2.2L. Canada/Europe only.

Originally posted by TWM Performance View Post
              I love the stance in front so far! When you spacing those rears out? It's gonna look mean as ffff

- Renato
              thanks man! the rears actually rub like crazy hahaha already have 3 degrees of camber. the fenders are complete and total bacon after the last drift day, so im probably going to cut them out and do flares so i can mellow out the camber and get a bit more track back there.

here are some more pics

heres me getting cheeky with the wall

Comment

Originally posted by Devocat View Post

Looking forward to more skids

Comment

lsx it. do it

Comment

Nice! someone else is giving some love to the 320i! I have one as well, pre facelift, with subframe issue haha. I have to weld my diff too so I can finaly drift it. It is terribly underpowered though. You got an hydro ebrake? You clutch kick it or use the stock ebrake?
                    Ruining cars since 2006 yo

Comment

What camber arms are you running in the rear
                      IG: Dimitriantoniou
                      1997 bmw 328i vert: sold:http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=55235
                      1997 bmw 328is: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69857

Comment

Originally posted by Meeve View Post
                        Nice! someone else is giving some love to the 320i! I have one as well, pre facelift, with subframe issue haha. I have to weld my diff too so I can finaly drift it. It is terribly underpowered though. You got an hydro ebrake? You clutch kick it or use the stock ebrake?
                        under powered?? this thing feels way faster than my s14! i can link bigger corners together much easier, even with mostly stock bushings all around... i dont have any ebrake at all, i just go fast, clutch kick and for the most part let the cars angle slow it down

Originally posted by meech View Post
                        What camber arms are you running in the rear
                        EMUSA I think

Comment

Haha yeah ! Glad to see you on the BMW game man Love the way you change your S14, so I am really waiting for the upadtes of this bimmer

This way is because of Scraped Crusaders boyz or not ? ^^
                          Last edited by jeger; 07-17-2015, 08:05 AM.
                          sigpic

|| - Lowered 320i E36 Sedan - ARKTISGRAU-Metallic - ||

Instagram :: district_ride

Comment

Originally posted by jeger View Post
                            Haha yeah ! Glad to see you on the BMW game man Love the way you change your S14, so I am really waiting for the upadtes of this bimmer

This way is because of Scraped Crusaders boyz or not ? ^^
                            haha thanks! the scraped guys had a bit of a word in it, but for the most part i've always wanted to screw around with an e46. they're pretty cool cars, and aside from the subframe issue, can take a good thrashing at the track.

this is just gonna follow the standard procedure of the garage southern style car

Comment

so the hub bore on the trans am wheels is smaller than bmw, which sucks because i had no clue. i spent days trying to figure out why my brakes sounded and felt like trash, and why my car sounded like it had a busted diff on low speed turns. i replaced the rear brakes and everything, only to realize that the fucking brake disk could be shifted by hand with the wheel fully torqued on the car. so i took them off and got a die grinder and opened up the hub bore a little bit. problem solved. the fronts never had this issue because they're on a 20mm spacer, so the issue was just with my rear brakes.

Comment

Working...
                              X