E46 style 32 rubbing / camber issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E46 style 32 rubbing / camber issue

I have just fitted some e38 style 32s to my e46 330ci with 225/40/18 all round with coilovers. The car isn't slammed but the wheels are slightly rubbing over bumps and roundabouts.
    I have checked the arches and about 2mm of paint from the inside of the arch has rubbed off due to the tyre catching. I am struggling to find anyone in my local area who can roll arches and don't feel confident enough to do it myself. Fitting smaller tyres isn't an option either.
    So I have been thinking about more camber. Will I be able to adjust the camber enough to give myself an extra 2mm of clearance at the top of the arch without camber plates? Thoughts?

Maybe. We need some more information. Do you have OEM upper strut mounts up front?

Out back, the outer bolt on the lower control arm allows a fair bit of camber adjustment. Enough to dial in some camber.

I currently am on 17" Style 32's. 17x8 et20 with 225/40-17's, and 17x9 et26 245/40-17. I have no rubbing issues lowered on Eibach Pro-Kits.

Comment

I have oem upper strut mounts up front. I should have mentioned, the rubbing is only happening at the rear, not the front

Comment

Here is a good picture of the bolt I'm talking about. See how the head of it is offset? It is an eccentric bolt. I forget which way to turn it, but you can add/remove camber by turning it. You should be able to dial in enough camber to get rid of the rubbing.

I ran 225/40-18's on a set of 18x9.5 et25 wheels on the rear of my E46 with no rubbing. I was able to add in enough negative camber with that bolt with out resorting to adjustable control arms.

Comment

Originally posted by lamsv View Post

I ran 225/40-18's on a set of 18x9.5 et25 wheels on the rear of my E46 with no rubbing. I was able to add in enough negative camber with that bolt with out resorting to adjustable control arms.
          thanks for that. So your arches weren't rolled then?

Comment

My fronts are, my rears aren't.

Comment

i think so,You should be able to dial in enough camber to get rid of the rubbing.

Comment

Working...
              X